1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The most important thing to know when starting a blog!

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Make a perfect site, Jul 2, 2013.

Hi all,

I am now actively blogging for the 5th year now and I have one very very important tip to share with you guys today when starting a blog:

IF YOU DON'T HAVE ORIGINAL CONTENT, DON'T START A BLOG!

Why I am saying this:
    I see loads of newbies here on DP posting about they have a few weeks old blog and they done some keyword research and some basic SEO steps and they are complaining that they are not ranking in Google and they don't get any traffic and no sales/AdSense clicks.

Guess what.. about 80% of these starters copy their content from Yahoo or CNET or other big news outlets.

Lesson learned:

If you produce content that is your own, original and has some value and also no spelling errors, you already have a decent lead ahead of your competitors. And search engines are also a lot more likely to pick it up into their index.

And if you can add some additional value to make it top-notch quality, you are absolutely a winner. You only need a channel to promote it. Like Twitter, Facebook or Google (organic SEO). Then just watch it attract thousands of real readers to your blog.

And these readers are quality readers, they are much more likely to pay for your stuff than bots.

Keep this in mind!

If you have any further questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Have a nice day!
    Akos

Make a perfect site, Jul 2, 2013 IP
    Conran and Snoopy240 like this.
  2. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think that the main problem is that there are people who actually think that you can make quick money by posting some random nonsense on a blog. That is of course a delusion, and such people will fail because blogging won't make them happy (because there won't be any profit).

So I suggest to anyone who considers to start blogging to think about their objective - do you want to make money or you don't really care? If you want to make money, then at least make sure that the blogging will be fun for you, otherwise you will become frustrated after some time and your blog will go to shit.

Devtard, Jul 2, 2013 IP
    Conran likes this.
  3. Web Outsourcing Gateway

Web Outsourcing Gateway Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you, original content should be the priority when writing a blog. Because posting reproduced or duplicate works will just trigger you from writing what really your creative mind has. Start refreshing your thoughts and put it into writing in your most unique way.

Conran likes this.
  4. easycontent

easycontent Active Member

Best Answers:

Well said by Akos,first of all you just think that why people has come to your blog and read your duplicate and repeated content with no any genuine information with no any extra knowledge....why they waste their time on your blog.As a reader you have to think that how to create your blog informative while people has come and stay on your blog to take some info and not to say shiiit what a rubbish......

easycontent, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  5. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed.

Think about what visitors want to read. Before posting ask yourself the question, would the article/post interest you? What would you think of the post if you were a visitor?

gkd_uk, Jul 9, 2013 IP
  6. swhp

swhp Member

Best Answers:
    I aggre with you, today people start blogging just want to make fast money, but they never think that finding money with blog is same hard as work in company

swhp, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  7. Devtard

Devtard Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, when you are employed, you at least get paid for the work you've done. :rolleyes:

Devtard, Jul 21, 2013 IP
  8. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great tips on blogging here!

Thanks for sharing!

And I totally agree with you. Original content is very important and vital for your blog site. The search engines love original content and the people do too.

Now another tip that I want to add here - when it comes to starting a blog. Most newbies online have the wrong concept about blogging online for profits.

How many here think that blogging online is about blogging on your website?

I used to think that blogging was about blogging on your blog site and that's it. But it took me 3 years to realize that in order to become a successful blogger you have to blog on the internet and not on your blog.

Now this might sound a bit weird to you but let me explain. When I say you need to blog on the internet rather than only on your blog site - what I mean is that you need to share content everywhere you can online and point back to your main blog.

There is no point on publishing valuable content on your blog site day in and day out without doing the same on other sites on the internet. You should also start blogging on sites like Hubpages.com, Squidoo.com, Ezinearticles.com, Blogger.com, and many other sites like that.

This is called content marketing and if you think about it - this is the real blogging you want to do online if you are looking to make money with the traffic you will get.

Blog everywhere you can on the internet and link back to your main blog-site. Of course you will have your very self-hosted blog. You just need to promote it like crazy by blogging on the internet about it.

Get it?

I really hope you get what I'm saying here. Remember to blog on the internet!

I just wanted to add this tip here because this is very important to know when you are starting to blog online to make money with it.

Much success everyone!! :cool:

Snoopy240, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  9. Superluigi6

Superluigi6 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I agree. I mean, I don't want every single article about, say, the iPad mini announcement to be the same.

That's why some blogs are unique with their writing style :)

Superluigi6, Jul 29, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  10. mian.owais211

mian.owais211 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great blogging ideas there Akos :)
    Thanks for the share>I am now a better blogger than before.
    Cheers!

mian.owais211, Jul 29, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  11. ktp2012

ktp2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not native English, so I hate write article in English, I found some difficulties. at the moment I have general blog which general topic. I post the article from PLR. above information is right that google never index and rank my blog

ktp2012, Oct 6, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  12. Wiset

Wiset Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You are hitting the nail on the head. There are just too many people who are starting a blog with agenda other than providing meaningful content. You should see things from the perspective of a reader. Are you going to visit the site again if you're quite sure that the content is a duplicate from somewhere else?

Wiset, Oct 26, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  13. SarahMiller01

SarahMiller01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is a great share. thanks for giving us additional knowledge.

SarahMiller01, Oct 26, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  14. itchassis

itchassis Peon

Best Answers:
    Very true

itchassis, Oct 28, 2013 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  15. casy weby

casy weby Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How about content translated from other languages, friends? I translate articles from one language to another and post them on my blogs.

casy weby, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  16. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would also like to add that building a following is an important aspect of blogging. There are many out there who just rely on the passing visitor, expecting to make sales from someone clicking through from Google one day and discovering your work. The truth is that the most successful bloggers and affiliates out there encourage a following, through the use of comments, profile pages, newsletters and so on.

People who work in e-commerce know that the person who has already bought from you is more likely to buy again. Focus on building a following with your content, find ways to keep them coming back, and you will likely find that you're more successful than you would be just publishing posts and hoping passing surfers take an interest.

This all comes back to unique and original content as the OP suggests, people do not want to follow a blogger who just repeats what everyone else is saying without any personality or opinion of their own.

Conran, Nov 3, 2013 IP
  17. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When you have the concept in mind, things start falling in place. First of all it is important to decide what kind of information your blog will feature. Once you know the niche of your blog, it will be easy for you to register an appropriate domain name as well. The next most important things are the quality of the content published on your blog and how frequently it is updated.

MilesWeb, Nov 5, 2013 IP