1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The moron has spoken.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by gworld, Aug 23, 2005.

Robertson: U.S. should assassinate Venezuela's Chavez

Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson has called for the United States to assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, calling him "a terrific danger" bent on exporting Communism and Islamic extremism across the Americas.

"If he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it," Robertson told viewers on his "The 700 Club" show Monday. "It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war."

U.S. should assassinate Venezuela's Chavez

Some other hall of famer from this moron includes:

--------------------------------------------------

After the September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attack, Jerry Falwell (along with fellow televangelist Pat Robertson) made comments interpreted as blaming various groups for the attack. Falwell said:

And, I know that I'll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For the American Way - all of them who have tried to secularize America - I point the finger in their face and say "you helped this happen."

Robertson then responded:

Well, I totally concur, and the problem is we have adopted that agenda at the highest levels of our government. And so we're responsible as a free society for what the top people do. And, the top people, of course, is the court system.

"The Antichrist is probably a Jew alive in Israel today."

"Presbyterians are the spirit of the AntiChrist."

-----------------------------------------------------

He hates everybody independent if they are Jews, Presbyterians, Muslim, president of another country, ACLU, gay or judge in federal court system and preach hates while having TV program about Christian religion. :confused:

How can so many Americans believe in such morons like Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell,... is behind understanding.

gworld, Aug 23, 2005 IP
    Hodgedup likes this.
  2. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    WTF? We actually agree? :p

He shouldnt have said it. It was stupid. I thing that bastard down there should be removed and is dangerous but we should never say that we should assasinate him.

Pat does have the right to say whatever he wants though. I just think he should have kept his mouth shut on that one.

My two cents

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not true, both USA and UK are arresting and deporting people for this kind of speech. Is this your opinion that freedom of speech for American hate mongers and arrest, torture and deportation for everybody else?

gworld, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  4. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    WHAT? Who's being arrested and deported for freedom of speech?

When you start a thread with a title like that and comments like that, well....

Hodgedup, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  5. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    Um, gworld, no disrepect, bro, but starting a thread by calling the topic of your thread "the moron" and then further continuing to call said topic of interest "moron" throughout your article doesn't exactly convince others you are "open minded" about this particular topic, thus what's the point in debating the merits of your thread?

I'm just saying...

P.S. Before you call me a "neo con" or a "religious fanatic", know that I am a Buddhist, was since birth, still am. :)

toocoolforschool, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hate and death threats are not covered by free speech and that is the reason people are being deported for hate speech, the law should be applied to both side.

gworld, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  7. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with toocool, you sound like the exact opposite of a neocon which is just as bad gworld

Design Agent, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  8. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:

What word do you use for a person that his ideas are at least couple of hundred years behind the time, according to his young wife ( a nurse) has schizoid tendencies, talks to God and mix different messages of hate and killing with Christian teaching with out seeing any logical problems?

gworld, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  9. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny, I haven't thought, seen, or even heard anything about Pat Robertson in a long time. Do you think that he said what he said so the could be heard? Think just spreading and talking about this stuff is helping his goals of getting the world to once again remember who he is?

I feel so used. :(

;)

TommyD, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  10. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    G, Im dissapointed in you.

Why not have the same attitude to all those who call for the death of Bush? Why not have the same attitude for those who go on video threatening to kill an entire nation?

Come on G, you can do better than that. ;)

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  11. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Equality in front of law for everyone. Open courts, respect of accepted procedures and right to lawyers for anyone suspected of crime. Equal punishment for anyone convicted of crime independent of race or religion.

gworld, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  12. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    Who is suspected of a crime? Did you respond to the right thread? :confused:

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  13. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Many of Pat Robertson speeches and others like him are covered by hate speech and hate crime code under federal laws.

gworld, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  14. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    If I am wrong I am wrong. Can you link up to where it proves he broke a law and should be punished accordingly? Now I am curious.

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  15. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just who and where are these people being deported, too? I don't remember any law that said if you gave a hate speech they send you to Madagascar.

16. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    It's ok, G is going to provide us with some proof. ;)

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  17. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Design Agent, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  18. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    Inspiring bombers and saying someone who supports terrorism should be dead are two different things. Im not trying to justify what Pat said, as I pointed out I disagree with him and he should have kept is trap shut. I'm just saying there really is very little comparison here.

IMHO (which Im sure is not nearly as valid as yours) :p

zman, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  19. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Also, Robertson I believe was probably born in the U.S. so it's not like we can keep him out like a foreigner. Strange thing for him to say, but I don't know if he realizes that he is a political figure now more than anything.

debunked, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  20. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well according to gworld we'll find some place to deport Robertson to.