1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The mistake that took me years to realize

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by FarrisFahad, Sep 16, 2018.

Hello everybody,

Today I want to talk to you about an issue I've been having for a long time, organic traffic.
    I have been struggling for years to drive traffic to my site, and I am happy to tell you that it's not an issue anymore.
    The number one reason why it took me so long to rank is because I was chasing competitive keywords.
    I did not listen to a lot of advice from other webmasters. I wanted traffic so I targeted high volume keywords.
    And that was a big mistake.

When you start out your blog or website, ranking on Google is hard, for competitive keywords.
    That's why you should always build content on long tail keywords. The less competition the better.
    Keyword research is one of the most important factors in SEO. And that's because it determine the organic traffic pace. It could be fast or slow, depending on the keyword you select.

This is why most people struggle.

If you want to read more about this problem check out this article: http://www.listsforwebmasters.com/blog/how-long-does-it-take-to-rank-on-google

Let us share our experience for ranking on Google to learn from each other

FarrisFahad, Sep 16, 2018 IP
  2. mclelj

mclelj Peon

Best Answers:
    Longtail keywords and phrases are definately the way to go when trying to get Google's attention. One client I have had for 3 years constantly gets transmission repairs from a blog post written for a longtail keyword phrase. the blog post is on top of page 1 when people type the phrase/question in Google.

mclelj, Sep 16, 2018 IP
  3. jukebox9988

jukebox9988 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing wrong with chasing high competition keywords. Your content needs to be really good and that's where most people fail.

Less than 1,000 words = Low competition keywords

Less than 2,000 words = Medium Competition

2,000+ words = High competition keywords (also include visual aids likes videos, graphics, etc)

Also, competitive keywords should be updated regularly because most likely the information will change.

jukebox9988, Oct 11, 2018 IP
  4. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea this its a big mistake ,this its logical as for competitive keywords are experts people who have a lot of experience a lot of money for advertiing etc and its almost imposible to compete with them as a beginer

Spartan14, Oct 11, 2018 IP
  5. MatBerrows

MatBerrows Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No need to use longtail keywords. It's not good for rankings.

MatBerrows, Oct 11, 2018 IP