1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The LINKSHARE SCAM

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by cellubration, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Headhuntress

Headhuntress Peon

Best Answers:
    I am coming to the same conclusion - I do not know anyone who has made any money using Linkshare - and I have carried out tests with family members too. It is very strange. Surely, someone somewhere is making money from them. I wonder how much the program advertisers are paying them?

Can anybody recommend any UK affiliate programmes that actually work apart from eBay and Amazon?

Headhuntress, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  2. M&A_Advisory

M&A_Advisory Guest

Best Answers:
    In my opinion and after listening some of our affiliates, Linkshare is simply not worth their setup fees.

M&A_Advisory, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  3. USGolfTips

USGolfTips Peon

Best Answers:
    We decided to do the obvious test - place an order and see what happens to our statistics. We'll let you know.

USGolfTips, Sep 25, 2010 IP
  4. DianeBrandt

DianeBrandt Peon

Best Answers:
    Quite honestly I don't doubt that LinkShare is running a scam. I had the same problem, and now that I see others have the same concern..

LINKSHARE must be scamming.

After I presented my concern to Linkshare, guess what... less than a week later I received a sale. Hmmmm... how convenient and suspicious.

DianeBrandt, Sep 25, 2010 IP
  5. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should contact Linkshare with the html you were using, there might have been some tracking issues at the time

golfpro1, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  6. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    Either that or the wrong product!

Sickthing, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  7. USGolfTips

USGolfTips Peon

Best Answers:
    We became concerned when we saw this posting and decided to place an order in the system ourselves. The order was for 2 dozen golf balls from KNet, from our site at www.USGolfTips.com. The balls have been shipped and received, but there has been no mention of it in the reports. We've sent a second inquiry to LinkShare today. KNet never responded. My guess is that there are two points of failure with this. LinkShare probably knows about the link to the advertiser when it occurs. However, they may not know about sales, if they're not reported. Any idea how this all works?

USGolfTips, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  8. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    What you did was PROBABLY against TOS. They probably detected you clicked on your own link and didn't give you credit. Though I admit I have done it with Linkshare, different sponsor. Most do it.

Linkshare tracks the sale. Either they disallowed it because of buying through your own link or they your code has an error in it. Linkshare is not going to scam you, they have been around for a long time.

Sickthing, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  9. USGolfTips

USGolfTips Peon

Best Answers:
    The test order was from my husband on his computer, using a different email account. The only common point might have been the network router connection, which disclosed a common IP address. Perhaps I'll have a friend try it from their home. Good point. I'm also doing a copy-and-paste on their link code, but I'll renew it and try again. I'm really hoping that they are legit, as the golf ball deals that this one advertiser offers are really terrific (according to my husband).

USGolfTips, Oct 4, 2010 IP
  10. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Golf,

I thought I replied to this long ago, but I don't see it. Probably another freaking power failure during my reply!

I would get LinkShare to take a look at the code first.

LinkShare as been doing this a long time. I don't think they will rip you off.

I rarely promote now unless they are through some big program like that. People that run their own affiliate program often play games.

Sickthing, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  11. amiconfuseddotcom

amiconfuseddotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    I am new to the whole Affiliate Program scheme and signed up to Linkshare without giving it any thought and trying to see whether there are other options out there. As a publisher, so far this year, I have given Linkshare's advertisers a whopping 87,248 impressions and guess what I have made? Yep,you guessed it, almost nothing if you consider its a mere £13.36(yet to be paid). And the worst part of this is that instead of getting some sort of consolation or understanding from them, I am constantly getting dropped by their advertisers and the sad part is that I am getting dropped by the ones that actually fetched me that miserly commisson.

So I am glad to come on here to discover that it isn't just me and I am not the one with the problem. I am quitting Linkshare to try Google adsense, I will appreciate your advice if you think I am making the right decision or not.

Thanks

amiconfuseddotcom, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  12. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliate Marketing is not going well for many people. The old methods, they just don't work any more. I use to make money with Affiliate programs, then got out of it for a while. Came back about a year ago and making almost nothing! CJ has kicked me off twice for no sales. Now I've made $6 woohoo... LOL

I'm relearning what I've been doing and finding better ways. I find Clickbank has more products that sale better on the web but the most important thing is to link the right product with the website. Or targeted is the buzz word.

Today, its more about building a relationship with your audience. Giving stuff away to build a list and then get that list to trust you by actually treating them well. You're list is golden and if you build it and treat it right, it will earn you money. Building the list is not all that easy, most need others to teach them how to do it. Be careful there too. People will try to sell you all kinds of over priced stuff!

Sickthing, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  13. amiconfuseddotcom

amiconfuseddotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip. Perhaps like every other thing in life, too many jumped into Affiliate marketing and the stream is now dry. I will try out your idea and see how I get on

amiconfuseddotcom, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  14. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    I've learned something since I wrote that. Something else you can do.

Find a product people are searching for the make a website for it.

Put your affiliate links on it. I've got too much going on right now but I'm going to start working that myself. Now part of it is finding a product people are searching for that 100 million other affiliates are already promoting. :)

Sickthing, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  15. amiconfuseddotcom

amiconfuseddotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that! Your last sentence confused me. Did you mean find a product 100 million other affiliates are already promoting or aren't already promoting:confused:

amiconfuseddotcom, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  16. Sickthing

Sickthing Peon

Best Answers:
    It takes a lot of time but they can be found.

I plan to blog about how to do it soon. Basically it is finding the write product with the right title of an article.

If you're trying to do this fast, it wont work. I think part of the game is just to outlast those that are trying to do it fast.

Under my name, you can find my blog.

Sickthing, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  17. amiconfuseddotcom

amiconfuseddotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    Just wanted to say it took very long/it was very slow in coming but Linkshare finally paid me today! And I've since made a few more bucks with them, not a lot though but its something. I am back to being happy with them again!:D:eek:. I believe their advertisers might be the reason for their slow payments, as someone said if they don't get paid we don't get paid, so its a matter of having patience with them I guess ;)

amiconfuseddotcom, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  18. FernandoC

FernandoC Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course, it happens to me and thousands if not millions of Linkhare affiliates. I propose not to join any single marketing network program,stopping them to earn money from your work by the use of legal "Consiglieris" that based on the holes the law passed subject to multiple discretionary interpretations these delinquents of Internet have Know-How to take advantage of decent persons. My suggestion is to begin searching companies relative to your site content instead of looking to join site "intergangsters".

All the best,
    Fernandoc

FernandoC, Sep 5, 2012 IP
  19. threent

threent Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think They are scammer.

threent, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  20. chuckgs

chuckgs Member

Best Answers:
    I believe what happens is, linkshare banners in your website offer your visitors %10 discount on products (with a promo code) , and as soon as a visitor clicks the banner and approaches the website, he/she sees another promo code offering the visitor 15-20 % discount. And the visitor enters the 15-20% promo code instead of your %10 promo code, and you don't qualify for the sale unfortunately...

chuckgs, Dec 9, 2012 IP