1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

the "Link: " operator and value of backlinks

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by rotren, Dec 31, 2009.

Lately, I have been developing website backlinks, and today when I checked Google by using the "link: " operator, some are starting to show up.

Do you think that when a backlink shows up this way, it is a very "good" backlink, meaning it has some weight to it and can make a real contribution for ranking?

What are your thoughts?

rotren, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  2. tgloetzer

tgloetzer Peon

Best Answers:
    Based on the documentation on the "link:" operator, that's definitely a good sign. But I don't think you can draw qualitative conclusions on the link (i.e. is it a "good" or "not so good" back link), it's just a back link Google recognizes.

tgloetzer, Dec 31, 2009 IP
  3. vstar

vstar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, Google will not show all your backlinks, just a small sampling, and in no paricular oder of significance... Google is very protective of their algorithm!

Just keep getting as many backlinks as you can... don't forget, Goolge's not the only palyer out there

vstar, Dec 31, 2009 IP