1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Like Thread

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Spoiltdiva, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Princess Aiyanaa

Princess Aiyanaa Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have also faced these issues and got infractions, Than I gave time to DP and observe the activity of all senior users, try to learn that where I am wrong. took lesson from my mistakes and decided to not repeat any of them. Now I am a established member but still learning the use of this forum. Now it has become my hobby to visit and read all conversations and topics here. I enjoy it a lot the information with fun here. hope you will enjoy too. I really appreciate your effort and you have made a very good posts. keep it up.:)

Princess Aiyanaa, Apr 8, 2013 IP
  2. Bloraud

Bloraud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In response to your posts, it is true that the system of "like" has advantages.

Obviously, I think all new members (and those like me who have been members for a while, but contributed just a little) find frustrating to not being able to get to access to all parts of the forum.

But actually it is a blessing in disguise. I didn't know that forum before but if you adopte this system, I guess you have a reason ... I know others forum where all along the day you find dozens of spam that flourish on the forums and you finish to run out because you can't bear it !

So yes, in this case, it is better to apply the rules.
    I took the time this days to contribute a little more to the life of this forum and it is much more enjoyable in the end.

And in life you never get something for nothing right? So if everyone pitches in, we all move forward in the same direction and all will be good.

Today, I use this forum to educate myself, to relax after work, no brainer and the result is that even without access to all sections is still pleasant.

Not to mention that ca also allows me to read and write to English (although this is not my mother tongue) so it is very enrichisant! And just for that, I have not finished walk me through this forum!

Bloraud, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @Bloraud
    I enjoyed your post, it was a good read. Yes your English was not perfect but you got your point across, and it well deserved a like in my opinion.

Spoiltdiva, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  4. Bloraud

Bloraud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Spoiltdiva, I'm greatful for your compliment.
    And yes I won't stop to try to get a perfect english

Bloraud, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  5. cldomination

cldomination Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe Apple should come out with a iLike gadget for DP users.

cldomination, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  6. dutzu

dutzu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea.. In my point of view this system makes a lot of good & quality content on this forum because everyone wants to be established to sell something.

So was I.. why to lie about this.(in the past I was broking my f5 to see if there is any other like :)). Now I'm satisfy in some way.. I made some good posts that maybe w'll help and that's my contribution on this forum.

I'm thinking that in the past I was not so very worthy to sell something because I didn't do the same good as the forum did for me. It's ok to be a balance in what you do and what you get.

dutzu, Apr 10, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  7. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @dutzu
    I like that most members are beginning to appreciate and understand how fair this new system really is. I knew that it would take time for it to be accepted, I just didn't realize how long it would take.
    All's well that ends well I guess.;)

Spoiltdiva, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  8. dutzu

dutzu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In time everyone will understand that because it is nothing to do to change it. We are not gods, we are simply users of a site.

..Or we can pay administrators to change the system :))takes a lot of money, I know.

dutzu, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  9. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Speak for yourself! ha*ha!:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  10. astraldemon

astraldemon Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like new design, it's simple, clean, modern.
    New features like PayPal/Analytics/AdSense integration is great, I won't need all of them, but it's great addition to others who will.
    Alerts system is also great, it's nice to have everything written in just hover of a mouse.
    New Marketplace features are really good refreshment for honest people trying to do business.

I both like and dislike new "Like system" it does add some content value and not anybody can sell now, unless they pay for the premium which is great because that directly supports DP. But as much as it adds, that much it takes, because there are countless useless comments and threads being created just to get some likes.
    But no system is perfect.

astraldemon, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @astraldemon
    Yes the alerts system good point, a very nice addition. As to "countless useless comments", well we had those in abundance before so no real change there.
    I like how newbies are *encouraged* to make quality posts because they want their 3 likes. Do they always succeed in this? No they don't but at least they are now prompted to do so, and sometimes they actually pull it off.
    I just wish that some senior members would demonstrate a little charity and not come down so hard on newbies, who are merely attempting to fit in and be part of the DP community. Don't just sit there hunched over your computor all day long critisizing them and trying to make them feel foolish.....rather help and guide them!
    (I would *like* that)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
    Spoiltdiva, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  12. avenir-affiliation

avenir-affiliation Member

Best Answers:
    Where are the link or button for like ? I am not premium so i think i can't but when i will be premium it will be where exactly ???

avenir-affiliation, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  13. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Only established members, have link/like button visible. The like link is next to the reply link at bottom right hand side of each post.

Smyrl, Apr 12, 2013 IP
  14. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:

You can see the like button below every post only if you become "established" (i.e. after getting 3 likes from 3 different established members)

kingofking, Apr 12, 2013 IP