1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Like Thread

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Spoiltdiva, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Good for you, get involved. I like it when new members feel that they are a part of DP.;)

Spoiltdiva, Mar 25, 2013 IP
  2. nhed

nhed Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't fret over someone LIKING your reply. Just be yourself and share your knowledge and the time will come.

nhed, Mar 25, 2013 IP
  3. nhed

nhed Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey you got that reverse, the LIKE system is to keep the good ones here on DP and run the spammers out. I feel the pain bro but when you are playing a game, you gotta play by the rules otherwise either you shouldn't play or you will be outta the game.

nhed, Mar 25, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  4. SteveBar

SteveBar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I thought Ive done some really good posts. I feel like a washout, why doesn't anyone like me?

SteveBar, Mar 25, 2013 IP
  5. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes::) @Diva - I think you had created this thread for change...you want to here something different than complains but your thread is also got infected by complain.exe virus :p

FreeFun4Every1, Mar 25, 2013 IP
  6. J.P

J.P Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I save my articulate wording and talking for when I'm at work or when I'm doing my second degree (first degree in computers, this one in natural sciences) or when I'm talking to my son. On here I really don't think I need to be articulate, or show off my large vocabulary or prove to the world the fact I'm quite intelligent.

In fact as a dyslexic I tend to be pleased I spell shit right half the time :)

J.P, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Well done yet with all your education and articulation, you still managed to insult everyone on this thread with just one post. (post #37). We can well imagine what you could accomplish with 2 degrees!
    If it's all the same to you I'd prefer it if you were to stay off my thread----thanks in advance.

Spoiltdiva, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    If the mods will forgive a *small* usage of French.(I've received warnings for this before) but "C'est la vie".;)(that's life)
    FreeFun4Every1 we can only try and hope for the best. Creating a positive energy thread will not gaurantee the desired results.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
    Spoiltdiva, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  9. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Correct .. If we are going to do something new in our life then we surely have to face lots of -ve responses. "C'est la vie". :)

FreeFun4Every1, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  10. Feriscool

Feriscool Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As hard as it is for a new member to get 3 likes (took me 3 days to get 2 likes), it's a very good and balanced system.

Just look at me as an example. Almost 100 posts and only 2 likes. I think it's a great and balanced system to actually get people to post.

Feriscool, Mar 26, 2013 IP
  11. Princess Aiyanaa

Princess Aiyanaa Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi I am new and trying to get familiar with this forum and its rule. There are few things which I like the most about this forum.
    The look of DP is really nice and refreshing.
    Speed is great.
    Admin is working great to make this forum best for the community.
    Spammers are not allowed here.
    The contribution system (When you contribute your knowledge you get reward in form of like)
    I Like the malky66, Freefun4every1, Indyonline Avatars and really like the
    Spoiltdiva blue eye, impressive way to talk, humor and to appreciate the new comers.
    Now if I talk about Like system it’s really nice. It’s working accurately to keep the spammers away and now users giving attention to post something quality worth. Although it’s tough to get a like but nothing is impossible. ( those who complain about it that I would suggest them to get premium membership as DP is giving you an offer to not to contribute and get access to BST section)
    SO in short I would like to say I like each and everything about this new DP…………

Princess Aiyanaa, Mar 27, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  12. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @Princess Aiyanaa
    That was a very good post and you put a lot of effort into it. This is what it takes to get likes. I would not be at all surprised if your post doesn't get you all the 3 likes you need.;)

Spoiltdiva, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  13. Princess Aiyanaa

Best Answers:
    Thanks Dear. I was really hesitating to share my views due to my bad English language and tried best to use correct words. Don't kow how far I was successfull but happy to see that you and other here got my point that what I am trying to say. Really thanks for your appreciation:)

14. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I believe that most fair minded members *do* take into consideration how hard it is for members who post, who do not use English as a first language. DP is an international community and just happens to use English as it's communication medium.
    Is it harder for non speaking members to get likes? Yes I believe it is and my heart does go out to these members.

Spoiltdiva, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  15. GMF

GMF Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your English is fine, so don't worry about that.

Indeed, but sometimes there's "my English is bad, but at least I try" English (read and understandable) and "not even trying to form proper sentences" English. The difference can be spotted quite easily, though.

GMF, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  16. Princess Aiyanaa

Best Answers:
    Thanks to encourage me Dear and Thanks to you Spoiltdiva:). That's the sweetest quality of this forum that It has nice people like you who are always ready to encourage the new comers and to help them. :)
    Really sweet I love this Point and Yup I got another point for which I like The DP ( It has such a nice and sweet people) :cool:

17. pxgfx

pxgfx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello all! I'm new and I think this forum is great. It is indeed different. I mean, come on, 30 days between bumps? Seriously? I'm not complaining, I actually like it for some reason. I can't also complain how well this forum is moderated, if you know what I mean. One more thing, I LIKE the smileys, kinda weird ---> :)

pxgfx, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  18. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I took a few seconds and read some of your posts, their not bad. What I would suggest is for you to switch forums. Start posting on where there are a lot of members.(more popular forums) What I'm suggesting is that you be more strategic in *where* you post as opposed to *what* you post until you are established, good luck with this.

P.S. I like that you brought this to our attention. I believe it's important for older members to understand how frustrating it can be for newer members to become established. By reading posts like yours, perhaps they might be more generous in their dispensation of likes.

Spoiltdiva, Mar 29, 2013 IP
  19. RaidLogic.NET

RaidLogic.NET Active Member

Best Answers:
    I say if you dont like the new like system then you may leave i personally have no issue with it i visit this forum daily and love to read the threads.

Cheers

RaidLogic.NET, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  20. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    dlatua, Mar 31, 2013 IP