1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Kill your Competitor Thread

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Gede, Sep 25, 2006.

Well, not really but...

I read somewhere how a webmaster got his competitor out of the (high) serps by submitting valid, but never intended to be indexed urls, creating duplicate entries in the G index from the same domain.....

So it is important that you have your "canonical" issues solved, because duplicate content may be indexed, with malicious intent, or coincidentally...

I also noticed similar things like this on a site of myself... people either submitting or linking temporary to urls that work, but were not meant to work, such as php pages with additional /changed variables.

So, please share, did you notice your competitors trying to do nasties to your site, and how do you protect yourself?

(of course there are the nice folks that start sending spam with email addresses from your domain, but thats another story...)

Gede, Sep 25, 2006 IP