1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Keyword Density of Non-Sense

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by jocs, May 1, 2005.

jocs, May 1, 2005 IP
  2. City2

City2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the article

City2, May 1, 2005 IP
  3. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Well, if I am honest, I didn't understand most of it. To do that I would have to cross reference and, god forbid, relearn some math :eek:

But the summing up by the legendary Dr Garcia (Orion at SEW) is:
    Hey, if Orion says it is so, I'll buy it. :)

mcfox, May 1, 2005 IP
  4. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Without all the mathematical mumbo jumbo I've been saying that keyword density is a non-starter, as far as optimization is concerned, for years.

Think about it. The ultimate density would be achieved by putting one keyword on a page and nothing else. That would be 100% density. Now do you think that would get that page in the top ten?

compar, May 1, 2005 IP
  5. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    It may be a bit more complex than that though (one word per page equals 100% keyword density.) Perhaps they have a complex algorithm to determine if a page matches a search, rather than just what is on the page. Obviously they do, as they penalize people for keyword stuffing.

However, I have upped my keywords a bit for a term I wanted to rank higher for, and I jumped from like > 1000 to 300s in MSN, and it hasn't finished crawling yet. But that's a good jump, just from changing keywords, so they must play some part. Same with Yahoo. Google is just all mystery, and half smoke and mirrors in my opinion.

nddb, May 1, 2005 IP
  6. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I think compar is correct... again :eek:

Yikes! Maybe I should delete my DP bookmark before it gets any worse... :eek: :eek:

minstrel, May 1, 2005 IP