1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The importance of .com .org .co for SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Blasko93, Oct 11, 2013.

I want to make a website and optimize it for google (make it appear in the first page of google results when typing the keyword I chosed) and I am interested how big is the importance of the .com, .net, .co etc.etc. part for the search engines?

If my site is "website.co" would it be less likely to be seen in the first page of google then "website.com" or "website.org"? And how much this affects the SEO and if so, what is the list of most SEO friendly suffixes and where on this list can be found ".co"? Thank you! Best wishes...... :)

Blasko93, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  2. ironcladservers

ironcladservers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    While I would assume it may help a bit with SEO to go with .com/net/org, there's tons of other SEO metrics that will cause more problems then this and IMO is not something that should be overly concerned with, other than general appearance towards your audience (if you are part of a company, for example, it would be more professional to have a .com, than a lesser known TLD extension). Maybe others can chime in on this as I'm not certain how big of an impact it has on actual SERPs.

ironcladservers, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  3. George T.

George T. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its not a great factor but if you have the oppurtunity to go with a com then for sure choose a com :)
    It ads some credit in peoples eyes!

George T., Oct 11, 2013 IP
  4. PremiumFlip

PremiumFlip Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    com and org look better than .co , which is a country level domain..only go for .CO if u want to target colombians.....just my opinions :D

PremiumFlip, Oct 12, 2013 IP
  5. Nanko

Nanko Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Domain extension matter more to consumers. So if you are going to make a website and you want to target people only from one particular country, then use country level domain.

Nanko, Oct 12, 2013 IP
  6. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me everything is the same. For Google too! The domainname.com is much better for your visitors to remember, that's why I would choose .com // But there are NO differences between .com and .net for Google! It all depends on your SEO! ;)

patco, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  7. lilc800

lilc800 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly you rarely see a .co domain ranked on the first page of google..

You will most likely see .com/.org/.net/.info... The newer extensions like .us/.co etc I have rarely seen on the first page of google they are more like for promoting so if you had a flyer you could put "Skatinginthe.us" and it might be more catchy. That is how I have always looked at it.

lilc800, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  8. poojadsr

poojadsr Member

Best Answers:
    Not very great but it does affect ranking to some extent. The .com/.org/.net/.info tells more about the kind of webpage you are creating. Thus, if you have a specific cooperative organization or a technical company or an information giving website, use the extension accordingly would be better. If there is no specific purpose or niche of the website that is created, .com would be best option. Moreover, .in,.au,.uk....etc can also tell about the country it belongs to thus helps in local listings of search engines

poojadsr, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  9. rogerbinny

rogerbinny Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Google wont consider the extension i think so. But while choose your domain name, choose wisely .You can choose combination of your primary keywords in it. domain the extension wont be consider. Most of the people familiar with.com and org only. But now everything has changed once you are doing whitehat SEO it is better

rogerbinny, Oct 14, 2013 IP