1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The importance of a PR in google

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by gacedieu, May 16, 2013.

The importance of a PR (pagerank) in google determine in the amount of backlinks you have for your website. The better quality back link with low OBL you have, the higher change you will have to beat your competitor.

While many top SEO might argue that a PR is not the only important thing in a website, but we must come to a conclusion that google will have more respect for a website with a PR 5 over a website with a PR 1.

What most people fell to realize is that, if you are doing back linking on a new site, you cannot do 50 or 100 back links at once. Just like when you have a first born baby who crawl before he walks, the same theory must apply with your website. I will discuss a new topic on back linking soon

Based on my many experiences I have had over the past decade, I learned that google does not threat all quality pagerank websites the same way, and the level of respect are not the same, especially a website with a good authority in content.

However, one thing I must emphasize is that google love uniqueness. If a website has unique quality content, then google will value that site, which will make it difficult to beat that site in the search engine.

Please send me your feedback if you like this...

gacedieu, May 16, 2013 IP
  2. Mark Berger

Mark Berger Member

Best Answers:
    PR is no more a ranking factor. you can have PR 5 and get 50 visitors or PR3 and get 1,000. the new algo applied math equations and formulas that will consider the overall site "value" related to their business needs. That's why your ranking efforts must be stronger than in the past and every old school technique no longer work (or very limited). Cheers.

Mark Berger, Jun 12, 2013 IP
  3. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Actually, Website Content and quality of links have replaced PR.

eric_wahlberg, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  4. joe w

joe w Peon

Best Answers:
    PR is a ranking factor when it comes down to getting links from PR sites that are relevant to yours.
    I think if you site is an na or 0 PR you can out rank PR 4& 5 sites if you do proper keyword research and have good links.

joe w, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  5. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PR is simply the link juice passed from one website to another. While the links themselves may improve your SERPS, there is no direct correlation between PR and rankings/traffic anymore.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Jul 14, 2013 IP
  6. thosino

thosino Member

Best Answers:
    Google Pagerank is largely based upon the number and quality of backlinks a webpage has, is an important factor in how well a particular webpage ranks within the Google search results. Since webmasters can spend much of their time worrying about Pagerank.

thosino, Jul 23, 2013 IP
  7. chapziiid

chapziiid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PR is not something you should be focusing on and is completely irrelevant in any modern, good practice SEO.

chapziiid, Jul 23, 2013 IP