1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Huff 'n Puff Big Bad Website ( and it's tools )

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Bram Wolf, May 11, 2017.

Hey Guys,

One of my clients asked me to look at the options for a very complex website, what to use and how to do it. And to be honest i've been thrown in at the deep end a little bit. There is so much software out there and it's kinda hard to try everything out especially in combination with each other, so I thought I would ask if anyone had any experience with such a website and the tools needed to get it up and running. This is a list of things I would like to achieve within the website:

- For one, the website will need dynamic content: news articles, company listings, company profiles, Job application listings ( doesn't have to be a full recruitement module per se )

- Memberships. Two types of memberships, a paid subscription for advertisers/companies that will be listed. And a free membership for visitors with personal interests, interests logging and preferences.

- Advertising platform. My clients wants to sell subscriptions to advertisers though a webshop, and place them on the site and place banners on the site for them according to fixed paid-for agreements ( ex. 30.000 presentations of the banner over a period of 2 months ). Here we'll also need to track click throughs and be able to supply documentation about displays and performance of the banners. For this I was thinking about Google's Doubleclick although I haven't found it what it costs on their website.

- Marketing automation. My client is looking for a platform that handles marketing automation for the free subscribed members. We would like to be able to segments the users, and target them according to interests, and naturally follow up and our offers. It would make sense to be able to use the same platform for holding the user data, as not to have a client system in our CMS and have a seperate one in our Marketing Automation software.

First I was looking for one system to do all of this, but I think it next to impossible to achieve that. So now I'm thinking a good and expandable base CMS with good integration options for 3th party platforms and modules. My goal is not to create all these modules myself considering the complexity of just one of them, but to create a nicely integrated system which covers all attributes using as much pre-exisiting systems as possible for fast delivery and having fully tested and functional systems.

Have any of you ever built such a site, or have any ideas what kinds of CMS or platforms you would use to achieve it? I would love to hear your ideas, partial solutions are also more than welcome! [​IMG]

Thanks in advance,
    Bram Wolf

Bram Wolf, May 11, 2017 IP
  2. Chrille

Chrille Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Bram. I think Wordpress together with free plugins can achieve some of your demands.

Job application listings : https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/job-listing/

Memberships
    : Its included in "basic" Wordpress, but you can extend it by using a plugin, for example:
    http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/5-best-wordpress-membership-plugins-compared/

Advertising platform: Maybe this can achieve your needs: https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-ads/
    I have not used it myself, and maybe you need to do some customization here...

Marketing automation: A little bit difficult to find exactly what you need. But it's pretty easy to integrate with Wordpress. There are some nice plugins for this as well:
    https://wordpress.org

Good luck!
    /Christer

Chrille, May 15, 2017 IP