1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Google -50 penalty and other penalties

Discussion in 'Google' started by Office Man, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Barre Tire

Barre Tire Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I am seeing alot of this will change with Caffeine.

Barre Tire, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  2. sarahturned

sarahturned Peon

Best Answers:
    In what way?

sarahturned, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  3. Knocker

Knocker Guest

Best Answers:
    When you say aggressive link building, How many per whenever are we talking about? 5000 in a week? 5000 per day?

News stories at the top of google have thousands in a matter of hours, so I cant help but think you are talking about several thousand plus in a short amount of time.

Knocker, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  4. darrens

darrens Peon

Best Answers:
    if you ask for advice in google webmaster tools does google help? and explain what the problem is???

darrens, Sep 12, 2009 IP
  5. FreebieJeebies.org

FreebieJeebies.org Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel your pain, me and google are currently fighting a war I'm losing. Got to number 2 for the term I was wanting and boom, down to 550 odd. Given up with that one for now until Google decides it doesn't hate me anymore.

FreebieJeebies.org, Mar 13, 2010 IP
  6. Trioman

Trioman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think anyone really knows how long it will take...but for me it has been over 3 months...I am about to go into a depression. My site was getting 5,000 unique views a day. What I do believe is, Google is more sympathetic to non affiliate sites, unfortunately for me...mine is an affiliate site

Trioman, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  7. Have I been penalized..?

Have I been penalized..? Peon

Best Answers:
    It is clear from this discussion that people are left in the dark when it comes to penalties, whether they have been imposed and the level of severity, let alone the specific reason for their application. Concerned website owners see their traffic dry up and are left to interpretation and guesswork.

If you are one of them, please join our campaign to abolish secret search penalties by getting major search engines such as Google to offer a means to confirm whether a penalty is in place. Our public launch is over the next few days once we have more case studies - please contact me to submit yours. Thank you!
    Marc

8. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would be thinking Google wouldn't be looking at the first year but the first month

golfpro1, Nov 17, 2010 IP