1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Good and Bad Early On

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by aeiouy, Sep 16, 2005.

The Good: I am seeing 700%-900% higher payouts per click.

The Bad: The ads have nothing to do with my site.

I have fiddled with the category targeting, but ultimately decided to turn it off, with that I have received some action and the payouts have been great to the meager numbers I was seeing with Adsense, but I don't know if it will or will not be good for the long term as the ads are very general and generic (they have been placed on the site for about 60 hours now)

aeiouy, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  2. alph

alph Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is your area very unique? I would assume YPN doesn't have the inventory and variety of topics that adsense has.

This might be an issue if you have a specific niche site.

alph, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  3. Brightx

Brightx Peon

Best Answers:
    Had same problem, showing generic ads on some pages excellent targeting on others. Yahoo looked at my site and noticed that some pages were missing the html body tag. There code must be inserted between the open an closed body tag. Once corrected the ads were immediatly dead on. Hope that helps.

Brightx, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  4. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:

Hmm.. I will check that out...

As for my demographic.. it is fairly narrow and I have a very extensive list of exclude urls that I ported over from adsense because there are certain advertisers I can not have on my site. To be honest I didn't even check to see if they had ads there.. so it could be..... But seeing what is displaying it does not seem to be the whole problem.

I will check the body tags again, although off the top of my head I am pretty sure they are there.

Edit: just checked seems ok... but on a site targeted to a segment of the online game market, I am seeing foreclosure ads, vonage ads, credit card ads and online education.

None of them even come close to being relevant. They just seem extremely generic.

aeiouy, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  5. PioneerGold

PioneerGold Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have noticed similar. My CTR has divided by 10 but my earnings have gone through the roof :eek: compared to Adsense on the same web pages.

This won't last.

PioneerGold, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  6. LeeD

LeeD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you might be right about the longevity, but I am enjoying the ride however long it will last!

LeeD, Sep 16, 2005 IP
  7. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:

Definetly. :p :D :D

exaro, Sep 16, 2005 IP