1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The FBI can receive WhatsApp user data in real time

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Konnock, Dec 7, 2021.

An internal FBI manual on extracting messages and metadata from messengers has appeared on the Web

A previously undisclosed FBI document indicates that monitoring the activity of WhatsApp and Facebook users is commonplace for the bureau. The document provides guidance on the legitimate extraction of Facebook, WeChat, WhatsApp, Telegram, Viber, Signal, Threema, Line, and Wickr messages and metadata.

According to the document, iMessage and WhatsApp provide the FBI with access to more categories of data than other platforms, including the content and history of messages received and sent. They also cooperate with the authorities further if there is a search warrant, providing them with data from previous backups, contact lists and other data.

WhatsApp, for example, is the only one of the nine applications mentioned in the documents that uses the so-called "pen register" - a special request that records the source and destination of each message.

A previously undisclosed FBI document indicates that monitoring the activity of WhatsApp and Facebook users is commonplace for the bureau. The document provides guidance on the legitimate extraction of Facebook, WeChat, WhatsApp, Telegram, Viber, Signal, Threema, Line, and Wickr messages and metadata.

According to the document, iMessage and WhatsApp provide the FBI with access to more categories of data than other platforms, including the content and history of messages received and sent. They also cooperate with the authorities further if there is a search warrant, providing them with data from previous backups, contact lists and other data.

To be honest, at the moment I am confused: I am very concerned about what is happening, in addition, I do not understand what kind of replacement for popular messengers to use now? Utopia p2p seems to be the only reliable option, which now needs to accelerate the release of the mobile version. What do you think?

Konnock, Dec 7, 2021 IP
  2. Warren Willy

Warren Willy Member

Best Answers:
    Look, I won't tell that Utopia p2p is the only safe messenger, but checking its structure, security means and level of encryption it can be called one of the best. And you're right, it won't get its users until the mobile version will be released. Desktop messenger is not useful these days, while people do everything with their mobile phones.

Warren Willy, Dec 10, 2021 IP
  3. Đặng Văn Bình

Đặng Văn Bình Member

Best Answers:
    The same was with Telegram from the very beginning. Until the creator caved in. The same will happen with your Utopia.

Đặng Văn Bình, Dec 13, 2021 IP
  4. Konnock

Konnock Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm, I don't understand what you mean. The very structure of these applications is different. You should test the Utopia of p2p once before making unreasonable conclusions.

Konnock, Dec 14, 2021 IP
  5. Đặng Văn Bình

Đặng Văn Bình Member

Best Answers:
    If history has taught me anything, it’s only that any free application can become less free over time. The same telegram has an encrypted connection, but this does not prevent it from interfering in what is happening and looking for threats. If the application remains free, then sooner or later it will be blocked in all countries that somehow remain totalitarian. This does not negate the fact that Utopia may turn out to be a good messenger today. It's just pointless to use it until it gains popularity among the masses so that you can communicate with your mom and make shady deals in parallel.

Đặng Văn Bình, Dec 15, 2021 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. Warren Willy

Warren Willy Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand your claims to the project.=) I advise you to study the latest news. Utopia p2p has a fairly large audience. In addition, updates are released almost every month.

Warren Willy, Dec 21, 2021 IP
  7. Konnock

Konnock Member

Best Answers:
    How many more updates are coming in 2022. Just try to imagine! I think that the events taking place over the past year, the updates that have been released, all this shows the prospects of the project.

Konnock, Dec 21, 2021 IP
  8. Đặng Văn Bình

Đặng Văn Bình Member

Best Answers:
    Determine your understanding of "large". In my opinion, 8000 Twitter subscribers hints at low competitiveness.

Đặng Văn Bình, Dec 21, 2021 IP
  9. Warren Willy

Warren Willy Member

Best Answers:
    Look, twitter is not everything, they have different social networks and different number of followers or supporters. But you have to understand that the main part of users is spending their time inside Utopia channels, forum, etc. Not everyone follow social networks.

Warren Willy, Dec 28, 2021 IP
  10. Konnock

Konnock Member

Best Answers:
    Of course you're right, bro! I even know users who deliberately do not use Twitter because they are concerned about the security of their personal data. For example me. Therefore, you should not judge the popularity of a project that stands for anonymity, based on the statistics of a non-anonymous project.

Konnock, Dec 28, 2021 IP
  11. Đặng Văn Bình

Đặng Văn Bình Member

Best Answers:
    That is, while nobody needs it, it is good; when it becomes popular, it will lose its anonymity.

Đặng Văn Bình, Dec 28, 2021 IP
  12. Warren Willy

Warren Willy Member

Best Answers:
    I won't agree with you. Projects like Utopia p2p can't lose their privacy and anonymity due to its structure. It's simply impossible, while even devs can't access any of users' data. And the second point is that they're anonymous too, so we have no person to try getting info from him.

Warren Willy, Jan 3, 2022 IP
  13. Konnock

Konnock Member

Best Answers:
    It seems to me that conclusions about the security or insecurity of applications that are not based on anything are made only by users who have no idea about the structure and principles of application operation.

Konnock, Jan 4, 2022 IP
  14. Đặng Văn Bình

Đặng Văn Bình Member

Best Answers:
    You are right, I didn’t install the application because I don’t trust it and it has little popularity.

Đặng Văn Bình, Jan 10, 2022 IP
  15. Warren Willy

Warren Willy Member

Best Answers:
    You'll change your mind if you'll make at least a small research or look through their social networks. Moreover, if you're interested in crypto world, it will be interesting to you that Utopia p2p listed Bitcoin on its exchange. So it can be now traded fully anonymous.

Warren Willy, Jan 12, 2022 IP
  16. Technophile

Technophile Peon

Best Answers:
    This is what I think. I think the F.B.I. is controlled by oligarchical fascists who threaten human rights internationally. I think the F.B.I. is threatening online anonymity in order to prey on independent journalists who are against ultra-wealthy fascists. I think Julian Assange, Edward Snowden, and other people are perfect examples of why the F.B.I. is a fascist organization to keep ultra-wealthy fascists much wealthier than most people. I think it is stupid when people keep using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, TikTok, Google, Telegram, Threema, Line, Signal, Wickr, Viber, Apple devices, etc. Because they are giving up their online anonymity to a fascist organization while making ultra-wealthy fascists more wealthy. All of this is why some people do not call people on the phone for specific discussions. Because the F.B.I. and international governments are spying on people's discussions by wiretapping their phones.

Technophile, Jan 13, 2022 IP
  17. Konnock

Konnock Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe in conspiracy theories and fascists among the authorities. However, I think it's worth thinking about increasing your anonymity and data security. Even in the crypto world, the authorities are trying to fix data security obstacles, for example, by blocking coins and ban exchanges. It's good that anonymous decentralized projects remain - they are our future.

Konnock, Jan 18, 2022 IP
  18. Warren Willy

Warren Willy Member

Best Answers:
    Not all of them are trustful. Now many people see that users look for privacy now more than ever and more scam projects appear. So good that Utopia p2p already proved its trustfulness during several years. I'm even interested if there are more or less good competitors.

Warren Willy, Jan 25, 2022 IP
  19. Konnock

Konnock Member

Best Answers:
    yes, you're right. It seems to me that such projects, which focus on absolute anonymity and user security only, are the future of our world. I think that decent projects have a decent future ahead of them.

Konnock, Jan 31, 2022 IP