1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Evil Side of Showing 3 Blocks

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by qll, Sep 15, 2004.

Not only you got less per click, but also Mediabot crawls you 3 times per your page view. So for every visitor, you are serving 4 times. It is nice to move your main content and only display adsense in frames to simple save bandwidth.

Recently, I have seen a lot RESEARCH on google side. Almost every day, mediabot, adsense act differently. The engineers of Google work pretty hard, and still not even close to an undergraduate programming project.

qll, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  2. xml

xml Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, are you saying the Google engineers are not even close to undergraduate level programming?

xml, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  3. caroline

caroline Peon

Best Answers:
    Course they're not.

caroline, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  4. dhruv

dhruv Peon

Best Answers:
    And I thought the google engineers were highly qualified!

dhruv, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  5. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    google engineers are the best in software industry. it'll be a looong time for those guys to fine tune the sophisticated gigantic search engine machine.

dejaone, Sep 15, 2004 IP
  6. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    i know those people's style very well. they are very closed. not open their things to outside, never ask, never tell. they are very good at putting data in media and search them. best. but they are bad in programming php/perl/javascript. they have no idea what programming loopholes they have until they ran it a year. currently, there is only 1 loophole left, after that they have nothing more to fix. athough for a careful smart hacker, they system is till easy to beat. however, economically, i don't think breaking the system is much profitable, because using the current per click rate, building a system to beat google system needs to take a lot of distributated tasks and computing power. in short, it does not make sense to do it. i bet somebody in india, china, russia may very well doing so undetected. however, i don't think it will be more than 1000 per person per month. why spend so much time and risk a good standing with google for 1000 per month? i will not do it.

qll, Sep 16, 2004 IP
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You sure seem to talk about click fraud an awful lot, even in threads like this that no one else is talking even remotely about it.

digitalpoint, Sep 16, 2004 IP
  8. Keith

Keith Guest

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a hacker wannabe to me ;)

Keith, Sep 17, 2004 IP
  9. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just my 2 cents...

More ads = more impressions which leads to a lesser CTR.

The good news is that each ad is different. The bad news is that sometimes you end up with blank ads.

Infiniterb, Sep 20, 2004 IP
  10. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    and with more ads you have a wider value range between the ads. You might have one wirth $1 a click and one worth .10 a click - you now have all the ads competing and the user might just click the .10 ---

Im not certain of this yet, but im thinking a single 2 ad block per page is the way to go.

joeychgo, Sep 20, 2004 IP
  11. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's true.

I remember reading that google likes to place the better performing (read: higher CTR) ads on pages first. The downside (for me at least) is that this doesn't pay well for me for my visitors since the ads are normally the same every time and my users are typically the same (I run a small gaming site).

Infiniterb, Sep 20, 2004 IP
  12. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not just click fraud, but any way other than within the written guidelines. You have to wonder why people always want to push the envelope. Then after you wonder that, you have to wonder why they would want to log onto a popular forum and talk about working outside the written guidelines. *shrug*

NewComputer, Sep 20, 2004 IP