1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The ethics of AI-generated content: Are we relying too heavily on technology?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by AndroidST, Jan 26, 2023.

I've been thinking a lot lately about the ethics of using AI-generated content. On one hand, it can save us a ton of time and effort, and can even help us generate ideas we never would have thought of on our own. But on the other hand, it can lead to a lack of authenticity and creativity in our content.

I know I've definitely been guilty of relying too heavily on AI tools for writing in the past. It's so easy to just plug in a few keywords and let the tool spit out a perfectly optimized article. But is that really what we want? Are we sacrificing creativity and authenticity for the sake of efficiency?

I think it's important to consider the potential consequences of using AI-generated content on a large scale. For example, what happens when AI-generated news articles start to spread misinformation? How can we ensure that AI-generated content is clearly labeled and not misleading?

And then there's the question of creativity. Sure, AI tools can come up with some pretty cool ideas, but at the end of the day, it's still a machine. It doesn't have the same emotional connection to the content that a human would. I think it's important to find a balance between utilizing AI tools to improve efficiency and still putting in the human touch to make our content truly stand out.

So what do you guys think? Are we becoming too reliant on AI-generated content?

AndroidST, Jan 26, 2023 IP
  2. ArtificialIntelligence

ArtificialIntelligence Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    AI-generated content surely gives you an idea about some keywords, but it isn't about what is your thoughts on that topics or keywords. We are such a lazy people, so we don't want to work with our thoughts, just go and do a google for everything. I think we are dependent on the internet, if we got readymade content, then why do we think about that? There is no question that human written content stands out in the future.

ArtificialIntelligence, Jan 26, 2023 IP
  3. AndroidST

AndroidST Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure I follow

AndroidST, Jan 26, 2023 IP
  4. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm personally staying away from AI content as the future is unclear. Google states that auto-generated content is against it's guidelines and could lead to a manual penalty. They've also said if it's written for users and not to rank in search engines then it's ok. I don't trust that one day they could just start deindexing sites with X amount of AI content. I've got too much money tied up in my sites to risk it and learned a long time ago that shortcuts don't nornally workout in the longrun.

Starting a new site as a test with AI content would be a different story.

kjh-08, Jan 31, 2023 IP
  5. CheapestContent

CheapestContent Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, One Line Answer is: AI Changing the world.

CheapestContent, Jan 31, 2023 IP
  6. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    The only thing I see it good for is cleaning up some of the atrocious grammar and spelling mistakes people make.

Smyrl, Jan 31, 2023 IP
  7. ultra_sweet

ultra_sweet Member

Best Answers:
    The way I see it, AI and technology innovation in general is innevitable and we will mold to it as time goes by, just like we did so far. On a side note, i do think AI can be of help for some people, but won't be useful for others.

ultra_sweet, Feb 2, 2023 IP
  8. Gharali

Gharali Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    AI content generator is a new tool that improve its self everyday. And self learning of these programs are theire golden point.
    Maybe they are not smart and creative today, but you will see a very smart AI robots very soon.
    I believe people can't compete with robots in early future.

Gharali, Feb 2, 2023 IP
  9. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have since changed my mind about AI content as Google has as well. The affect that AI content will have on ranking/traffic will not be much different in my opinion.

1. The best use for AI content ranking/traffic will be for low competition/low amount of search result queries. Just because you can write 1,000 articles with AI, say on Finance doesn't mean they will rank or out rank what's currently ranking. There are millions of results for competitive queries and AI content doesn't change that. It will just add more useless pages of content ranked on page 50, 100 or 200 pages from the 1st page where all the real traffic has always been.

2. If you don't know how to structure Human written content then AI content won't be much different. If you know what prompts to use with AI, to include important factors you'll have an advantage over ones who don't and over currently ranking content that isn't properly optimized.

3. Backlinks have and will continue to be important. It's no secret that most content ranking on the first page isn't because of the content alone, but also have more backlinks per page than content ranked on page 3, 5 or 10 of the SERP's.

4. AI is great for all sorts of tasks like creating titles, topical maps, meta descriptions, entities, attributtes, tables, coding, etc.

It can be a great tool if you know how to properly use it, which most will do the minimal effort and get poor results and probably get hit with the Helpful Content Update at some point. Then blame it on AI when it's not AI's fault.

kjh-08, Feb 14, 2023 IP