1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The end of POPUNDER Industry [AKA Time to find a real job]

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by BetaX, Nov 9, 2017.

1. bale

bale Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah sure... those youtube ads that you can't even close and are forced to watch. That must be the best user experience. But again we have small brains.

bale, Nov 10, 2017 IP
  2. tomksoft

tomksoft Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know what's funny?
    The better ads standard, same one that bans popups and popunders, same one that was pretty much created by google, prohibits this kind of ads that they do at Youtube. Here is link: https://www.betterads.org/desktop-prestitial-ad-with-countdown/
    Now tell me - do you think that Youtube will get delisted for that? Or do you think that Chrome will enable adblock on Youtube for that?

tomksoft, Nov 11, 2017 IP
  3. ZoC

ZoC Active Member

Best Answers:
    Youtube is own by Google, so I'm 100% sure they will not. But that videos ads on youtube are more annoying than popups ... at least most of the popups are open in the background and you can close them whenever you want ... but for Youtube ads you need to wait 5 sec or sometimes even 15 sec for each 10 min of video watching ... and i don't say they even start to pay 50% now their uploaders then before ... but they succeeded to control the internet with the winning of chrome and i understand they even buy Firefox, but they didn't release this info how much i know.

ZoC, Nov 11, 2017 IP
  4. GlobalAdMedia

GlobalAdMedia Active Member

Best Answers:
    How many of you ever seen misleading google adsense ads in big business sites, is that not consider misleading to visitors ? to me those ads are much more annoying, because 95% time ads are shown in such a way user end up clicking thinking its part of article and they end up going to some other site and losing the article they were reading not only that these site would create 20 or more slides for one single article just to get more money and mislead people more, its worse then pop under ads in mobile devices you can never read them properly because you will end up with frustration going thru 20 slide or you cannot fine next arrow, you will end up clicking advertiser link which looks exactly part of article.

Most of google adsense ads are shown in a way so user mostly clicks them by mistake, there are hundreds or thousands of same sites with forced or misleading ads.

GlobalAdMedia, Nov 11, 2017 IP
  5. GlobalAdMedia

Best Answers:
    Don't forget these network influence lot of other business, so if these business effect, it will have very bad effect on many other business such as CPA and so many other, so its not going to be easy to just simply move to other methods of earning money, mostly banner cpa youtube ads and many other type of ads survive on this traffic.

Its not just pop ad or pop under which is going to have impact.

6. Tuhane

Tuhane Member

Best Answers:
    Youtube is using prestitial with countdown? I though they were only using "pre-roll video ads".

I understand why they are blocking popunder and tabunder (even if there are other formats more annoying), as there are not any other ad formats working in the background and google has been fighting them for years. But I really don't see the difference between pre-roll video ads (allowed) and prestitials,popups or tabups (not allowed). And it's not about sites using 10 popups, because they are going to block even if there is only 1 popup per site.

Tuhane, Nov 11, 2017 IP
  7. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    The problem is that you have to wait few seconds to skip the preroll ad. In fact, in some cases I get 20-30 seconds long ads that I cannot even skip at all.
    And that ad blocks my access to the content. So, if I could skip the ad without any countdown, then it would be fully OK. But that's not the case.

tomksoft, Nov 11, 2017 IP
  8. GlobalAdMedia

Best Answers:
    All seems very uncertain right now, seems most likely we all end up closing business if there is no solution for this, which I doubt there will be any solution for this, other then we will have to find alternative advertising method.

Does this means banner ad network will survive, though most banner ad network has redirect.

9. Tuhane

Tuhane Member

Best Answers:
    Of course, that's why it doesn't make sense at all. At least for now Chrome it's not going to block prestitial ads, but it does not make sense either to block popups or tabups, as the very same arguments could be used to block youtube ads. These are arbitrary decisions.

Tuhane, Nov 11, 2017 IP
  10. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure if google plans to grandfather sites that maybe legit, non-misleading...
    obviously, google will grandfather any spam methods they do on any of their own sites...

however, I am not sure if adsense sites will be safe, since there are tons of adsense sites that
    mislead visitors into clicking on something that does not exist in order to get a click....

If you are in the business of misleading visitors, then you are at risk....
    google may not catch all those misleading sites on day 1, but when google
    does catch up to your bad practices, then you will probably know when it
    happens when your traffic goes down to zero if you rely on google traffic....

dscurlock, Nov 11, 2017 IP
  11. bale

bale Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you guys excited about the new popunder network from google? Opening soon :) Based on facial recognition and AI. It will basically use your webcam and monitor your face expressions. Also your middle finger. Now that should be a great user experience.

bale, Nov 11, 2017 IP
  12. GlobalAdMedia

Best Answers:
    LOL google already track each and every activity of an individual, no matter what you do in your home in your computer or where you go with your phone you are tracked already and ads on your screen are manipulated based on your activity.

13. tajb88

tajb88 Member

Best Answers:
    Many networks already knows how to bypass the existing ad blockers so i'm sure they will find a solution to google adblocker.

tajb88, Nov 12, 2017 IP
  14. cromiu

cromiu Member

Best Answers:
    first of all this is a problem which the pop market generated itself with all these shady messed up ads and if webmasters could generate the same money without pops they would replace them within 1 second.

and google ads usually don't spread malware, browser locking, aggressive fake anti virus warnings, criminal call to action and other crap ads.

on the other hand it it will force a lot of webmasters to either close down or try to get the money via paid subscriptions or donations..which means the users who complained about the pops all these years are shooting in their own legs..

if we look in the past the blocking never made anything secure it just let ppl create much more shady ways to display ads.

the pop market money is not going away so everyone with enough backup money will sooner or later get the site monetized again

cromiu, Nov 12, 2017 IP
  15. methad0ne

methad0ne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pop market is pretty much going to vanish thanks to greedy networks willing go accept too much shitfull of annoying ads just to get some extra cash.

I was contacting many networks in order to form an unite alliance against Google Better Browsing Experience project, guess how many gave a reply? Only one and others didnt gave a chance to even read email. Now lets face the truth, pop market is going to end.

Anyone feeling that they will bypass blockade, thanks for being optimistic but its just a false optimism. I am already in touch with one of my online colleagues who works for one division of Google who passed me a rumor that Google is planning to test all pages live for any pop activation attempts (aka some sort of AI reading).

Better start looking for alternatives, I already did :)

methad0ne, Nov 12, 2017 IP
  16. ZoC

ZoC Active Member

Best Answers:
    If popups networks die then will be a much better price for banners soon, if you try to find banners ads is just a few but popups are a lot of them.

If banners were pays much better then popups or the same like popups at least ... for sure no webmaster will use popups on their websites. In my opinion, popups are really annoying but till now was the only way to make some extra money.

ZoC, Nov 12, 2017 IP
  17. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a premium quality site you would find banners and your RPM's would be much higher than Pops.

lukey372, Nov 12, 2017 IP
  18. ZoC

ZoC Active Member

Best Answers:
    True, if your most of traffic 80% is just Tier 1 countries, but i can't stay now and block all other countries ... anyway even with banners how i see most banners ads they don't even pass AdGuard example mgid.com and other banners company ... and i can say i have over 60% of visitors who use Ad Block on my websites already.

ZoC, Nov 12, 2017 IP
  19. cromiu

cromiu Member

Best Answers:
    it's already integrated in webmaster tools you can see if google already checked your page for pops.

what's the alternatives?

cromiu, Nov 13, 2017 IP
  20. tomksoft

Best Answers:
    Not sure if you contacted me (PopAds), if you did perhaps my support employee did not understand.
    Please PM me as I am planning some actions against Google changes and uniting sounds like a good idea.

tomksoft, Nov 13, 2017 IP