1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The effect of Microsoft entering the PPC market, for publishers

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by Sharpseo, Nov 12, 2005.

1. kc3

kc3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, and I'm sure most of us will be carefuly following up on it. :)
    SEMrush

kc3, Nov 14, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. nickr

nickr Peon

Best Answers:
    Advertisers want their ads shown to 100% of their target market. If Google has 80% of the SE market, then advertisers are missing out on 20% of their potential customers if they only place ads on Google search results.

Since it's pay per click anyway, advertisers have nothing to lose and all to gain by advertising on ALL the search engines. Therefore, search engine dominance won't affect Yahoo or Microsoft's ability to get them.

At least that's how I see it.

nickr, Nov 16, 2005 IP
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What feature ?
    Paying back using their search engine ?
    Or
    For using their search engine ?

Where did you read that something like this is on list ?
    And seriously there are better ways of MSn taking over google's market .

Regards
    jeet

JEET, Nov 16, 2005 IP
  4. liquidboy

liquidboy Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree with nickr , advetisers we will need to communicate with all engines !!! Well atleast thats what ill be doing..

Understand that microsoft are in it for the long run, there money will be used to last the distance. Thats how they beat out there competitors, endurance!!!

liquidboy, Nov 16, 2005 IP
  5. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    I was reading the Yahoo Publishing Network forum today. All the publishers in their beta seem to indicate that they're getting high payouts. I still haven't gotten my invite yet, anxious to try it out though. Obviously things will change once more advertisers and publishers are in the mix. However, they will have to keep payout % relatively high to get webmasters to switch from adsense.

It should mean better partner support from all parties, too. More competition means they have to work harder in all areas to keep your business.

Sharpseo, Nov 16, 2005 IP
  6. aworldh

aworldh Peon

Best Answers:
    I read some where about Gates plan for future search engine.

aworldh, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  7. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, so that was what you meant .
    I thought that you meant regular search .

And I still think that by "switching search engines" Gates meant "switching PPC programs of search engines". I say this because to provide some sort of a discount coupon or something similar MSN will also have to start an online credit card processing system or a JV . Plus a huge list of products will be required along with consent from product owners that they want to offer discount if the click is from MSN .

It is very possible but "At this point of time" this system could have some negative effects on MSN as a company . It would not only require a huge investment but also a large "working capital" depending on the number of products .

They sure got "money" but it is not just to throw . ( sufferring loss for some "Planned" time is different) .

Regards
    jeet

JEET, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  8. aworldh

aworldh Peon

Best Answers:
    May be you are right.But Gates is really thinking very seriously about "Google" and may come up with some surprises.

aworldh, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  9. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's right ... It sure is going to be a nice one at least for publishers .

Regards
    jeet

JEET, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  10. revenow

revenow Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't understimate MSN. They have plenty of media relationships that they can integrate into this program to get it off it's feet. Their resources are endless. It may not overtake G anytime soon but you can bet Y and MSN will eventually grab a decent chunk of market share. The business world is full of stories of underestimated companies that went on to dominate their competition. One look no further than Google or Microsoft for examples.

revenow, Nov 21, 2005 IP
  11. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Remember that old scam email that said if you forward this to x number of people, Microsoft will pay you $x for each one? Wouldn't it be ironic if MSN actually did end up paying people in some way for using their search engine? Kinda similar, anyways... I actually got that email the other day from someone, can't believe it's still going around.

Sharpseo, Nov 22, 2005 IP