1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The digg effect

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Avatar Viper, Oct 5, 2006.

1. nextred

nextred Peon

Best Answers:
    chewbacca, i also think so.

nextred, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  2. ColinR

ColinR Guest

Best Answers:
    So can I write some content on my site then towards the bottom of it place images of the "digg it" and hope someone does or is that spammy?

ColinR, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  3. Sohan

Sohan Peon

Best Answers:
    I've tried Digg'n mate, it's not worth it.

Sohan, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  4. chewbacca

chewbacca Peon

Best Answers:
    Why isn't it worth it? Did you just end up wasting more bandwidth than you earned?

chewbacca, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  5. Tearabite

Tearabite Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I hit the front page of Digg about a month ago.. got around 40k uniques per day for a few days, then it gradually crept down after 4 or 5 days.. Then my Blog hit the front page, and the same thing happened..
    I'm still getting 200-500 hits per day directly from Digg from those ..

at the height of the traffic, i pulled my Adsense down for fear of a 'red flag' .. i replaced it with YPN and made about $30 .. CTR was real low..

the number of backlinks, and continues traffic from them that the Diggs created was far more valuable than the few $$ i made ..

Tearabite, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  6. Blogspotter

Blogspotter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Anybody who come to your site to read your content will not CLICK THE ADS. Ask any blogger. No body who comes to my blog via bookmarks, leave alone digg, ever clicks an ad unless by mistake.

Only those persons click who doesn't know what Adsense is. Very few people who knows what adsense is will click an ad.. There is another thread on DP which asks "how many of you click on ad" virtually nobody on DP clicks :). I ran a poll and asked my readers. None of them clicked.

So who clicks?

Those who surfs using google....
    Almost All clicker are search engine referrers. Why else are people so worked up about SEM and SEO?

if it were so easy, i would just work on my blogroll....( Blogroll only helps indirectly)

And yeah, that is why sites that targets old people and kids have the Highest CTR... Diggers are like DP users.. They know that most adsense ads aren't too useful anyway... except at times, very very rare.

Blogspotter, Oct 7, 2006 IP
    Ezo likes this.
  7. cellularnews

cellularnews Peon

Best Answers:
    I enjoy being Dugg etc - only yesterday we were on the front page of Fark again.

Google adsense revenues were completly unaffected - as you would expect, while the rich media advertising raced ahead quite nicely as that is CPM based.

Our goal of being Dugg/Slashdotted/Farked is not direct revenue - but brand building though.

When I get hit, I see a nice increase in newsletter subscriptions, and following one memorable incident which lead to tons of blogs picking up on the story, our inbound links jumped significantly.

Being Farked etc is not about today's revenues - but about tomorrows boost to your website - which in the long term will earn you even more than a one day wonder hit.

cellularnews, Oct 10, 2006 IP
    Computer(Jew) likes this.
  8. Blogspotter

Blogspotter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Completely agree with cellular news... What are ur sites? I mean if it is not a problem...

Blogspotter, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  9. Computer(Jew)

Computer(Jew) Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very insightful .

Computer(Jew), Oct 10, 2006 IP
  10. littlegiant

littlegiant Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree that Digg is rife with techno-snobbery but I also think that there's a real sheep-like mentality going on over there. I've seen the stupidest articles make it to the popular page and go ballastic. It really makes me wonder sometimes.

littlegiant, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  11. berte

berte Peon

Best Answers:
    All diggers are using Adsense themselves. I know I igore the ads everytime I click on a digg submitted story.

berte, Oct 10, 2006 IP