1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Death of SEO by GOOGLE, Never Imagine NO.1 Position

Discussion in 'Google' started by ramgay, Jan 2, 2009.

1. jeros

jeros Peon

Best Answers:
    They can do what ever they think. Because the entire Internet World is under control of them.

jeros, Jan 5, 2009 IP
  2. newyork18

newyork18 Peon

Best Answers:
    dear friends ,
    So out of top 10 results ,Here is what google displays
    1.Huge number of paid results/sponsor listing
    2.3 to 5 shopping results in top 10
    3.one result from youtube and one result from google images
    Also you forgot to mention yahoo Glue TM , beta yahoo results http://in.search.yahoo.com/search?fr=yfp-t-in&type=ds&p=ipod
    80% of page is filled with yahoo or its related sites/brands

Sooner or later they will display 100% results of their own websites .They get huge usergenerated contents .
    So it is for sure you will have to leave affiliate marketing sooner or later due to spammers/scammers/Corporates /monoplies . Donot waste your time with false hopes .
    As far as google/yahoo we should sue them for monopoly.If you want to raise a banner of revolt and enrich the qualities of revolution . Join hand with me .We will file a case against yahoo and google . Pm me if you are interested to fight a legal battle against google and yahoo monoply .(please note that we dont need money or attorney fees , All we need is your signed petition that we can produce in court to force google /yahoo to support this monoply).
    Thanks

newyork18, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  3. soolmaan

soolmaan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not going to happen mate! If I would do this for my website, my traffic would drop by about 85% and I think this would be more or less the same with other websites.

soolmaan, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  4. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, blocking traffic from google is insane. No way. But the petition can get me involved...

scubita, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  5. BrandonToday

BrandonToday Peon

Best Answers:
    and also, even with the sponsored links. People sometimes press the button "I'm Feeling Lucky" and it doesn't go to google type of stuff or the sponsored links.

BrandonToday, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  6. mpls-web-design

mpls-web-design Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One thing to keep in mind is that nothing is fixed at Google. What you see today may not be there tomorrow. Google is probably doing a test to see if they can make more money this way. If what they are doing is turning off visitors, those top listings will disappear soon.

As to SEO, there is no such a thing as a death of SEO. As long as search engines are in the picture, you will always find good use for search engine optimization.

mpls-web-design, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  7. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    This thread has forced me to jump on my article marketing even more. You may not be able to beat them at direct SEO for product sites, but search engines still work on content.

Articles still work. Blogging still works.

Maybe your iPod store is doomed, but there are still products out there that are not controlled by Google and Yahoo to sell. Thousands of them.

We have to be creative. They cannot cover everything.

I am down for the petition thing though if you get it going.

hmansfield, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  8. Charcoal

Charcoal Peon

Best Answers:
    Read somewhere and already posted here that info.

Charcoal, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  9. Napoleon

Napoleon Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm guessing you got banned from adsense recently or lost your pagerank in the most recent update? Because this thread is so pointless its unbelievable. How is it a bad thing that Apple's website comes up for an ipod related search. If anything, it is a very good thing that the official website comes up on top. You sound so bitter and jealous about google. Do you understand how ridiculous it would be if I demand that you place a link to my site at the top of your page or threaten to moan about how crappy your service is if you don't?

Napoleon, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  10. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you understand how ridiculous you sound? Been living in wonderland? Wake up. G provides so much spam these last 2 months that is insane. At same time they place G results at top for major keywords. Monopoly? Ever heard of?

Almost every senior member/true seo's/big company marketers I personally know is discussing this alarming issue last weeks and trying to find 1 answer to all this mess.

But YOU tell us we are ridiculous? Pointless? Bitter? Jealous?

UAU!!!!

scubita, Jan 6, 2009 IP
  11. polle54

polle54 Peon

Best Answers:
    "then what about those who worked so many hours, years and spending thousands of dollars, efforts to get the first position?"

Your logic is flawed here... Google never told anyone to work on improving their listings, infact they tell people not to. SEO is a bit of a gambling field and will always be just that.

"Do they have more content then "apple.com" for the word "ipod"? or can they dominate everything they want? They already have froogle, sponsored listing in both top and right side places, do they want to fully loaded with the money?"

100% valid point and a scaring thought.

polle54, Jan 7, 2009 IP
    ViciousSummer likes this.
  12. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    You're wrong. Google doesn't get paid a commission from the shopping results. I know, my products are listed there. And you can list yours their too for free:

http://www.google.com/base

The shopping positions are a benefit to webmasters, not a hinderance.

ViciousSummer, Jan 7, 2009 IP