1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Death of Adsense!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Hemanth, Sep 13, 2006.

1. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hopefully all these 'death of AdSense' prophets of doom will mean the MFA cowboys will head off and the rest of us can go back to making money.

MattUK, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  2. mahno

mahno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the theory that he is doing this to build an email list.
    I have used a disposable email to register - however I'd have to use my
    real paypal address to register as affiliate.

Note - emails of people who register for his program are even more valuable
    than simply a webmaster list. These are the people who can be caught by marketing hype and promise of quick buck - I bet those are a premimum value to marketers!

I have almost signed up as affiliate address, but then I remembered that I already have my paypal address spammed because I've used it to pay someone to submit my site to directories, some of which turned out to be email address collectors... lesson learned.

mahno, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  3. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Skip the AFF, IMO. The article does make some interesting points. I thought about the 50 cent referals but AS may not like me putting that on the same pages as AS pages. Thought it wasn't worth the risk!

Cheers,

H

Homer, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  4. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    EDIT Have you seen that big ugly black banner ?? :)

Homer, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  5. nezstar

nezstar Peon

Best Answers:
    nezstar, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  6. Goltu

Goltu Peon

Best Answers:
    lets see what comes out in the second part of *death of adsense*.

BTW their website thedeathofadsense.com hit #400 on alexa in just 1 week... great!

Goltu, Sep 19, 2006 IP
  7. Avatar7

Best Answers:
    half of the posts here promoting the death of adsense -:)p this term sounds so funny)- are the first posts to these new users. Check well guys, this means that people are just joining dp to post about this issue in particular. gives a good hint about what's the real truth about all this bollocks ;) .

I really wanna hear the opinions of the pros : shoemoney, jackburton ,Critters and other good expert guys, not the noobs and the *liars*.

8. 3dPrinting

3dPrinting Peon

Best Answers:
    lol ... now all the talk about adsense is dead has finally come true. What they thought would've happen, didn't. And what has happened, only made it even that much better. And if you haven't read the report, well the 2nd report is now available. But be quite ... you may need to hear your jaw drop to the ground. lol

3dPrinting, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  9. MrGeeK

MrGeeK Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup I just finished reading it, was exactly what I expected, still worth a read....will be interesting to see if he pays out...

MrGeeK, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  10. phupang

phupang Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont know what he is up to, but by revealing the secret, everyone and their dog will start doing the same thing and thus, he will soon see his 6 figure income drop to 2 figure income.

phupang, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  11. Dabs

Dabs Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe he's not making money that way. Most of these "how to make money" reports don't exactly detail what it is they make money from.

It's like the difference between the gold diggers or panners, and the tool suppliers. Supply the diggers with the tools, you'll make money that way.

I think the correct word is leverage. He'll teach you one way to make money, so he makes money off of you trying to make money.

Dabs, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  12. bhav27

bhav27 Peon

Best Answers:
    Must be marketing strategies. The guy was suppose to launch second report today but now its tommorrow.

I'm sure the second report will be selling something.

bhav27, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  13. Lynn Terry

Lynn Terry Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope - the second report was launched on 9-21 as expected...

Lynn Terry, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  14. MrGeeK

MrGeeK Peon

Best Answers:
    2 things...and a thought or two...

1. He has 2 (only 2) CPA programs listed that he suggests you join, he'll be getting something for that.

2. He "may" sell other stuff in future...

thought #1: He may actually be working to drive CPC prices up, If you read the report you'll see that he's talking about using CPC to drive CPA, now if all of a sudden there are heaps more people bidding on AdWords..... (Just a random thought I don't actually believe it)

thought #2: One of the CPA suppliers he suggests you sign up to is one I haven't heard of (not that amazing), could it be a marketing ploy to launch a CPA network? or could it be some kind of grand phishing scam?

thought #3: It's shoemoney in disguise!

MrGeeK, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  15. LinkBliss

LinkBliss Peon

Best Answers:
    It's hard to make a good advertising pitch to just e-mails... 1,000 "engaged" webmasters would be a different story.

Eric

LinkBliss, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  16. 3dPrinting

3dPrinting Peon

Best Answers:
    All these maybe's and thought's is just speculations. If you've been into marketing for many years like I have then you'll know a good thing when you see one, whether or not its been used before. Because honestly, everything we do, say or create is a repeat process. Life is a repeat process. I'm just glad Scott didn't charge a cent to download his reports or else more critics would be swarming around like hungry paparazzi's and change the entire story around. Just read the dam thing and learn from it. I could care less about the 50cents (heck I encourage just going to the main website if anything) as I've got bigger fish to fry and right now, I'm very hungry.

x

3dPrinting, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  17. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    hehe! Just gonna sit down and give it a read.
    Well, I would not compare myself to the heavy hitters like Shoe but I was making $300- $1000/ day about a year ago. For the last 12 months earnings have gone from that to $30-50/day.

So there has been a significant decline in my case. I attribute that to the smart pricing algo that seems to strongly relate SERPS with earnings. As my SE placement declined so did my earnings. I can recall, at the time getting into many conversations at DP about the volitility of these earnings. At the time I suggested that it was not a good idea to count on this kind of revenue. Sure was nice though. I have a few mainstream businesses that do pretty well selling products. So it didn't bother me too much ;).

I have sympathy for those that counted or count on this revenue, but it's really not a good idea, IMO.

Cheers,

H

Homer, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  18. littlegiant

littlegiant Guest

Best Answers:
    Part 2 was a very interesting read but I could have done without all the Death of Adsense malarkey in Part 1. That hasn't been my experience at all. And where the August 1st, 2006 date came from is beyond me (or did I miss something?). Moreover, according to all the posts I've read in webmaster forums, making it tougher for MFA site makers was exactly what a lot of Adsense publishers wanted.

This guy could have done away with Part 1 altogether and just released Part 2 with a title something like 'The Magic of Click Flipping' and he would have captured my interest just the same (and saved me the trouble of plowing through all the hype in Part 1 just to find out something I already knew).

I also find it ironic that he's touting "The Death of Adsense" and in practically the same breath laying out a business plan which uses Google Adwords as a key component.

(*Putting on my tinfoil hat*) Perhaps an undercover Google operative drumming up Adwords signups?

littlegiant, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  19. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've read it. it's worth to read. However, If we cannot get enough revenue from adsense then we may monetize our site traffics for

- Affiliate
    - Links sell
    - Individual ads. from advertiser

May not easy to earn as PPC does but better than nothing. :D

Regards,
    Sxperm

Sxperm, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  20. 3dPrinting

3dPrinting Peon

Best Answers:
    And now there's an audio. Did you get the email?

3dPrinting, Sep 25, 2006 IP