1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The biggest time waster in Internet marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Minaseo, Jun 11, 2011.

1. zawadi

zawadi Active Member

Best Answers:

See that, advertisers love u... I know I would if u were on a website of mine :p

zawadi, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  2. AYoungMillionaire

AYoungMillionaire Peon

Best Answers:
    Love seeing those sales in PayPal/CPA Network/Clickbank. Seeing the clicks add up in Adsense is nice too :-p

AYoungMillionaire, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  3. vna1611

vna1611 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    addictive indeed...but great fun!
    especially when you are making money day after day -
    just from home!

vna1611, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  4. TheMagpie

TheMagpie Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agree %100 I got so bad I had to commit to not looking at accounts or stats one day at a time.

Its funny because analyzing stats its important, but if you don't know how to use information its a total waste of time. You can spend days in webmaster tools trying to figure better ways to improve your sites, but I found simply giving users information relevant to the domain name works s best

TheMagpie, Jun 18, 2011 IP
  5. pilotkyle

pilotkyle Peon

Best Answers:
    haha i wouldn't know cuz everything i have tried has failed. And i have tried so many different things!

pilotkyle, Jun 18, 2011 IP
  6. enerjoia

enerjoia Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with all you say

enerjoia, Jun 18, 2011 IP
  7. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Peon

Best Answers:
    Threads like this and most of this site are a big waste of time. Not saying you shouldn't spend time here but realize when it is costing you.

CaptainRon, Jun 18, 2011 IP
  8. botpro

botpro Peon

Best Answers:
    hahaha i think almost IM'ers are agree with you Minaseo. Because we keep doing that! :)

botpro, Jun 19, 2011 IP
  9. JayePause

JayePause Peon

Best Answers:
    I couldn't agree more with you on this topic. It is a great feeling to know that you are producing income. However, it does waste time to constantly refresh the page and watch those sales flood in.

You're right. It's really just about managing the time you have during the day. Send out your campaigns and just let them go. When you are just about done for the day, or after several hours and you've got a few minutes, by all means check and see how much money you've made!

Time management is a key piece in being successful online, great post :)

JayePause, Jun 19, 2011 IP
  10. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it it is an addiction. Just monitoring how much I am making and ensuring I am on top of my projects. Seeing how much I am earning gives me constant motivation so I take a peek whenever I need to get my focus back. :)

affilorama, Jun 19, 2011 IP
  11. jkhurramov

jkhurramov Peon

Best Answers:
    The biggest waster time is I think when you don't stick with one method. You stumble upon some amazing method that will sure work for you and you put your money energy on it but few days later... much more amazing stuff comes along way, and you start to thing "what the ...Where I have been all the time, this is the real deal, I'm in". Then it continous, once you wake up one morning after six month and you find all you have made meantime is $5,02. :)

jkhurramov, Jun 20, 2011 IP
  12. Minaseo

Minaseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Very exciting to see so many time wasting things. I wonder why we don't finish it all, instead of talking about these and not taking ACTION!!!

Minaseo, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  13. whispertech

whispertech Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I am new here, first day in fact but not new to IM. I agree with what you said in that I have spent many long hours at the pc knocking away at strategies and the like. Have you ever seen a product advertised that says.. "set it up in ten minutes"... well that is not true. What about .... "set it and forget it"... that is not true either. We just can't get enough can we?...hehe!

whispertech, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  14. JayePause

JayePause Peon

Best Answers:
    It really comes down to mindset.

Your brain operates at an abnormal state of mind all the time. When you begin thinking about one thing, your brain immediately starts thinking about other things that either go along with it or are completely off topic. You then begin to move around from one thought to the next and realize later on that you have completely shifted your original goal in the first place.

It's simply a focus thing. You must learn to focus your mind on one area.

One of the best ways to do that is creating a list of goals and objectives that you want to achieve each day. Take action on these and follow through. That way you know exactly what you are doing and if something comes in your view that is new and exciting, you can table it in later on if you feel it fits into your goals and objectives.

JayePause, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  15. apg1021

apg1021 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to say personally my downfall has always been checking adsense ads over and over again. I'd imagine I probably spend a cumulative 30min a day just on it! Not a huge amount, but clearly time which could be better spend on writing an article...

apg1021, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  16. freddyfortunes

freddyfortunes Peon

Best Answers:
    Amen to that! I thin a godd software program would be one that provides an update on your desktop for you automatically!

freddyfortunes, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  17. zawadi

zawadi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Another big waster in Affiliate Marketing is reading too many blogs on "how to make money online". You will become addicted to the dream of making money from home with blogs.... First make money online then read lol

zawadi, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  18. gorvene

gorvene Peon

Best Answers:
    That was an interesting post. It's an addiction that's better than other addictions though. I too get a rush upon seeing sales revenue coming into my account.

gorvene, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  19. zawadi

zawadi Active Member

Best Answers:
    u must be making allot of money

zawadi, Jun 26, 2011 IP
  20. serversea

serversea Peon

Best Answers:
    And this is because it is the fastest way with lowest cost through which you can communicate all around the world.

serversea, Jun 26, 2011 IP