1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The biggest Smartphone site! Needs Reviews from you.

Discussion in 'Design' started by topamillion, May 20, 2015.

Phonestopz,

We are The Biggest International Distributor of Smartphones, Phones and Tablets World Wide
    Please review our website, we just design it and need your review , about colors , layout and we would like to know if it user friendly , also let us know if it shows well in your mobile or Tablet.
    Thank you for your honest reviews.
    http://www.phonestopz.com

topamillion, May 20, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Several sections have colour contrasts FAR below accessibility minimums, much of it likely for all intents and purposes INVISIBLE to a great many users. Not a big deal for things like the "empty" text in the cart, but a big deal when it makes the entire footer useless. In the same way the large amount of content text declared in pixel font sizes is an accessibility mess.

Whatever the blazes you are doing for 'responsive layout' is useless rubbish; if it's good enough content for desktop at least TRY and send it to mobile with some form of scaling.

Attempts at keyboard or screen reader navigation are an absolute mess thanks to the gibberish use of numbered headings, or more specifically a complete and utter lack of an attempt at using them! STRONG is being abused page-wide for things that should NOT be recieving "more emphasis" and the lack of logical document structure means whoever wrote your HTML has no business writing HTML.

It is PAINFULLY AGONIZING to watch on first-load due to the absolutely ridiculous filesizes and worse, file counts. It comes to a whoppinh 708k in 52 files for a page that by my count only has 968 BYTES of actual text content and just a hair over a dozen content images -- by my count I see no reason for the total file count to break two dozen files apart from developer ineptitude, and I can GUARANTEE the site WILL be slapped down by search engines and see a LOT of bounce because of it!

The markup alone is some serious herpafreakingderp, and that's gonna bite you as it cascades across the entire site pissing on things. That stupid idiotic malfing "let's have a half dozen IE CC's around different HTML tags" crap, endless pointless separate stylesheets for no legitimate reason, scripttardery doing HTML and CSS' job, screen media stylesheets being sent to "all", idiotic static JS and style in the markup, DIV+IMG doing H1's job, STRONG doing H2's job, H4 without any H3, H2 or H1 preceeding them...

You've got clean colours and overall a viable CONCEPT, but the implementation and ignorance of what HTML is, what CSS is, what accessibility norms are, or how to use ANY of the related technologies PROPERLY is seriously biting you in the backside resulting in a mess that -- as I tell a LOT of people -- I'd be pitching in the trash and starting over from scratch.

Whoever handled the under the hood code and accessibility aspects of the design needs some serious beatdown.

deathshadow, May 20, 2015 IP
  3. topamillion

topamillion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Deathshadow, i really appreciate your sincere feedback, actually i just took a default template that was given when downloading prestashop, i did not change anything to code, html css or layout of their default design.
    With all your comments , i really think i will be buying a new theme or maybe even switch to woocommerce for a better layout and look. Your comments are really appreciated.

topamillion, May 20, 2015 IP
  4. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The webiste itself doesn't look too shaby. To be honest, it might even look good. It's just clustered really.

A few things I am not liking though are: The images at the end directing users to different websites. Especially with notice. (You can be a lot more original with arrows. Either way.
    Also, I think you should spend a bit in order to get a customed layout. In this way you can maximze the wide aspect of the first post/add. Kind of similar to how ebay has a main window, away from most icons, where you can see the latest.
    So, Clarity should be your main concern.

Btw, clarity also makes the items appear bigger than life. ;)

SocialSignals, May 21, 2015 IP