1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The best website builder

Discussion in 'Websites' started by smoth2015, Oct 30, 2015.

I need to create a simple website for my daughter and her company of friends, I`m not quite a developer, but I want to give it here like a present. Can anyone suggest simple website builder for this purpose?

smoth2015, Oct 30, 2015 IP
  2. JohnScott

JohnScott Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A blog, or forum? What purpose will the website serve?

JohnScott, Oct 30, 2015 IP
  3. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can use WordPress, Most popular and widely used CMS to create any type of website with ease.

iwebsocial, Nov 1, 2015 IP
  4. HostMayo-WK

HostMayo-WK Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yup you can use WordPress to launch your site in 15 minutes....feel free to ask if you need help in setting up WordPress and a theme for it.

HostMayo-WK, Nov 1, 2015 IP
  5. abdmjz

abdmjz Active Member

Best Answers:
    I also agree on WordPress.. All you have to do is look for a suitable theme and get started.. Most themes are available for free and if you are lucky you can get free support as well.. Check for reputed themes with dedicated support sections etc

Btw if you are using cpanel hosting with fantastico.. you can install WordPress just by following few simple steps like filling up some forms and clicking next etc.. No programming knowledge required..

The above method requires setting up hosting, registering domains etc but these days most hosting companies will be happy to give you a hand upon signing up.. and there is a free method as well.. You can create free wordpress websites using subdomains at wordpress.com and stop worrying about security and paying monthly subscriptions. Enjoy

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    abdmjz, Nov 1, 2015 IP
  6. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    "best " and "website builder" in the same sentence? An oxymoron to be sure.

COBOLdinosaur, Nov 1, 2015 IP
    mmerlinn and deathshadow like this.
  7. Lucy Barret

Lucy Barret Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't know much about coding and all that stuff, you should opt for WordPress as this is a user friendly CMS and has a big community to help you out in every problem.

Lucy Barret, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  8. COBOLdinosaur

Best Answers:
    As much as I hate WP for use by novice developers; it is actually a step up from site builders. So you get to move from liquid manure that will not produce anything usable to turdware, that let's you create a disaster that a professional might be able to salvage into something bordering on mediocre.

If you want to create web sites then there is no substitute for spending a few hours learning enough basics to actually write some code and control what you create instead of being controlled by "easy to use" tools that teach you all the wrong ways to do things.

COBOLdinosaur, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  9. heftzwecke

heftzwecke Member

Best Answers:
    I use weebly. It's for idiots like me. You can build a website and integrate a blog and you don't need to know a thing.
    So far, the only bad thing is that they have no spelling corrector (but you could always copy paste your texts if you can be bothered). And it is free.
    I find the help section is great too.

heftzwecke, Nov 5, 2015 IP
  10. COBOLdinosaur

Best Answers:
    And you will not learn anything except how to dump more trash on the internet. You are just producing pages no one will ever care about, because you are bored and need something to do? So you are not willingto spend a few hours learning if it is going to cut into your time playing with shiny things on something that sort of looks like a blog or web page, but is just a collection of nonsense code that a browser manages to figure out most of the time??!!??.

Easy_to_create_trash ==Too_lazy_or_insecure_to_try_learning

COBOLdinosaur, Nov 7, 2015 IP
  11. mcsv0211

mcsv0211 Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you the Creatorlink.net.
    It's the website builder service.
    They provide you the responsive designed templates, easy to add the blocks such as text, pics, gallery and more.
    It's very easy to use and free.
    I hope you create great website for your daughter.

mcsv0211, Nov 12, 2015 IP
  12. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, let me get this straight. So, if you don't know much about coding you think it is better to learn WP than learn coding? Seems idiotic to me since the LEARNING CURVE for WP is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH longer than the learning curve for basic HTML coding.

Ever wonder WHY there is such a big community for WP help? It is because WP CREATES more problems than it solves and WP users NEED all the help they can get! And they STILL spew out SLOW, barely useable TRASH.

Hmmm, idiots "don't need to know anything" to use weebly? Does that mean that your mothier turns your computer on for you because you don't know ANYTHING?

Spelling checker? If you need a spelling checker, that means you are TOO LAZY to learn how to spell. If yew doo knot no how two spell, all a spelling chequer will due is too valley date yore ignore ants. And if you DO know how to spell, why would you need a spelling checker in the first place?

And free? Only in your dreams. EVERYTHING has a cost, though not always measured in monetary units. With CMS the MAJOR cost is the learning curve followed closely by all the time spent tweaking, tweaking, and more tweaking to get some sort of a half-assed working website. Time is NOT free, and wasting time trying to make CMS work is time you NEVER get back. Do it right the FIRST time, then go spend time with your family or something else more productive than tweaking CMS bugs.

The only possible use that I see for CMS is to create a basic page, then to use the resulting page as a framework to correct all of the bugs AT CODE LEVEL WITH PROPER VALIDATING CODE instead of spending UN-Godly amounts of time tweaking it to make it work half-assed. Even using CMS for that purpose is DEBATABLE since just LOOKING at the bad code may teach you BAD coding habits. Don't you have BETTER things to do than the NEVER-ENDING tweaking of CRAP? Of course, if you think it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end, then there is no hope for you.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015
    mmerlinn, Nov 13, 2015 IP
    Webcenter and COBOLdinosaur like this.
  13. maniarora

maniarora Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've tried a lot of website builders in the past and the best one that I can recommend is Wix.

It is the easiest and most popular website builder. Wix is mobile friendly too, so your website will be responsive. Give it a try its free

Hope this helps.

maniarora, Nov 13, 2015 IP
  14. COBOLdinosaur

Best Answers:
    Anyone who thinks they are helping by recommending that kind of worthless trash has no business pretending to be a developer and offering "help" whenyou obviously need help with getting back to the planet where wix is the best anything. Oh wait! maybe wix is at least a candidate for one best category; best example of crap sandwiches in a shiny wrapper to attract incompetent wannabes.

COBOLdinosaur, Nov 15, 2015 IP
  15. Emilyswarm

Emilyswarm Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I would strongly recommend not to use this service. Due to the AJAX structure of the URLs you can have tons of problems with SEO. Many online communities and social media, then, can't work with such URLs and it is therefore impossible to share the content of your website (all blog links are actually escaped fragments that redirect to the home page). Plus, if you decide at some point to create a new website using any other CMS or builder or if you want to create it from scratch, it's impossible to create 301 redirects using your old Wix URLs....hence, you'd be penalized by search engines and you'd have to start ranking from zero. Having said that....any other ideas mentioned here seem pretty reasonable.

Emilyswarm, Nov 16, 2015 IP
  16. alexander.william.jhon

alexander.william.jhon Banned

Best Answers:
    you can develop word-press blog if its look like then u can convert it to in site this is only for you because u not know much about site building if you you will professional then u will never be asked

alexander.william.jhon, Nov 18, 2015 IP
  17. heftzwecke

heftzwecke Member

Best Answers:
    mmerlinn, some people are in front of the computer most of the time. Others are small businesses and they usually work and do their websites in the evening. For them, there is no time to learn all how to build a website from scratch, in these cases website builders are the way to go.

heftzwecke, Nov 23, 2015 IP
  18. COBOLdinosaur

Best Answers:
    If they don't really care about the site then it does not matter what kind of crap they use to build it. However for most people who build a website it is important to them; and for that they need to do it right because using a web builder means all they end up with is a worthless load of crap. If the site is worth building and important to them, then they should either be prepared to learn to do it right, or find another more rewarding hobby because they are just going to be adding more garbage to the internet trash dump it they are too busy; or too lazy to learn the basics.

COBOLdinosaur, Nov 24, 2015 IP
  19. Alice carver

Alice carver Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    wordpress is the best way to create a website.

Alice carver, Nov 25, 2015 IP
  20. COBOLdinosaur

Best Answers:
    What planet are you from? I don't know any experienced professional web developer who would make such a stupid absolute statement like that. Even those who use and support WP would not post something so obtuse.

COBOLdinosaur, Nov 29, 2015 IP