1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Best Web designs you've Seen

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by staffjam, Jan 5, 2009.

1. newyears1978

newyears1978 Peon

Best Answers:
    Holy crap this will really make a lot of people feel inadequate..like myself!

This is so impressive.

newyears1978, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  2. Jalpari

Jalpari Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Jalpari, Jan 18, 2009 IP
  3. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    wordpress 3 column theme .
    Very professional, review the theme in my site . www dot easy007 dot com dot cn

justinlorder, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  4. onehundredandtwo

onehundredandtwo Guest

Best Answers:
    I like the design of Ask.com, the way you can change the background and the opacity behind the text-bar, I think it looks very professional.

I've never been interested in Flash sites, they don't show any skill whatsoever and take forever to load (hey, not everybody has a fast internet connection!)

I had never seen the webdesignerwall.com site but I think it looks very professional, I had to agree with HardBody24 though, Apple.com is a very professional looking site.

onehundredandtwo, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  5. kazanova_ks

kazanova_ks Active Member

Best Answers:
    kazanova_ks, Jan 19, 2009 IP
  6. huesped

huesped Peon

Best Answers:
    huesped, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  7. wobmop

wobmop Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that www.maximuscle.com is a good website design. It's clean, crisp and professional and that is what most clients want. It's easy to navigate in it and has some good places for advertising.

wobmop, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  8. Lessman

Lessman Peon

Best Answers:
    I HATE flash websites. HATE them. Horrible horrible things. Broken back buttons, cant right click, etc.

But thats really really pretty. Talk about an impressive illustrator. The layout is pretty good too.

I quite like this site, from both a cleverness and design perspective. The only problem with it is that its too tall (it should all fit within a 1024 screen)

Lessman, Jan 20, 2009 IP
  9. earnnetwealth

earnnetwealth Peon

Best Answers:
    Again, one man's junk is another's treasure.
    By the way, maybe you didn't notice the client list.
    They are doing something right, they have some serious clients, and have done some good moovies sites too.
    our opinion has value, however, I posted a link to a site that is serious about design, and has indeed done some top site design.

Regards,

d

earnnetwealth, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  10. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    First place I went... Well, place I managed to get to after two minutes of PAINFUL loads and navigation followed by finding out the site also doesn't work with tabbed navigation.

Exactly the type of CRAP websites that end up sending people everyplace EXCEPT the clients website. I'd love to see some traffic and better, RETENTION numbers on those, since the former should be first time that don't even go past the main page, the latter should be nonexistant.

ASSUMING people even find the websites since there is nothing for search engines to index.

No, no they haven't... well, perhaps the design part, it's the development that's a total miserable failure.

This is exactly the type of stuff that makes me go to IMDB instead of a movie's official website - why I go to filefront for game patches instead o the game's official website. Sites like this are navigation hell, information sparse, and effectively useless... and yet among official movie and video game websites it's the norm. I cannot understand why anyone would even VISIT websites made of this much /FAIL/ in the first place.

Literally we are talking a laundry list of things NOT to do in a web design.

1) Splash Screens

2) Autoplaying music

3) Flash for navigation

4) No fallback content for lack of plugins or scripting

5) No content for search engines

6) Fixed metric content

7) Broken conventional browser navigation (Forward, Back, tabs)

8) Animations so long the user could visit another website FASTER

9) Forced opening of content in new windows

10) No information about what the site even is on the first page the user lands on, or even the second page

11) Excessively large filesizes alienating almost every potential user.

It's rubbish like that which just proves that a lot of 'designers' need to be taken around back o' the woodshed with a 30-06 and put down like old yeller. All sites like that do is disgust me to the point of nausea - because all it amounts to is some flashtard vomiting up an animation and calling it a website, being blissfully unaware of what the internet actually is or how to promote something on it.

deathshadow, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  11. earnnetwealth

earnnetwealth Peon

Best Answers:
    I am on DSL and it dosn't take even a minute to load, certainly someone with 22MBPS should have NO trouble loading. You should check your system.

It is now evident that you didn't even look, because the only page that comes up afer the intro is the "Basic" navigation tab.

Funny you should say that. Since you can't navigate the basic navigation,
    here are a couple web sites listed in the directory under the "web design" tab.

Dreamteam The Movie

Automotivedezignz.com

With a client listing of:

Ford
    BMW
    Pontiac
    Showtime
    Sketchers - (the movie)
    Bear Mountain Park
    Vizio
    Time Warner
    OverHaulin - (the tv show Foose Designs)
    Pride Fighting
    Staples
    McDonalds
    Major Holywood Producers

I would hardly call that "Failing"

Again, with clients such as listed, who cares what someone on a forum thinks.
    Did you know that Millions of Dollars are spent each year testing the waters on what sells and what doesn't?

Seems as the major companies know what sells, and that's why they put YOUR lundry list in the web designs, because it most definately sells.

earnnetwealth, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  12. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Notice I said AND navigation. Everything you click on has a 20-30 second plus animation on it - really sad since it's all flash and even theoretically pre-loaded.

Which is why you click on clients and wait for the stupid damned animation to finish.

View source on those two sites - what exactly is there for search engines to even look at for people to FIND the website in the first place? Little or no attempt at semantic markup or SEO, or graceful fallback.

When your body tag contains a script and an object nesting an embed - that's made of /FAIL/.

deathshadow, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  13. earnnetwealth

earnnetwealth Peon

Best Answers:
    It's all good man, I feel no need to further argue this.
    I made my case in point being that they have a very satisfied Client base made up of several well known very successful companies which says something about them.

As I stated before, companies like Foose's OverHaulin, McDonalds, Vizio, and Time Warner, arn't exactly failures, yet they use the services of of this company.
    Again I say, that in itself is not "failure". It's Success my friend, total success.

Regards,

earnnetwealth, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  14. imi_99

imi_99 Peon

Best Answers:
    why not search for templates and get more ideas

imi_99, Jan 24, 2009 IP
  15. harezz

harezz Peon

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

harezz, Jan 24, 2009 IP