1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Best way to rise to the top

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, May 8, 2009.

1. obeliskenterprises

obeliskenterprises Peon

Best Answers:
    If you actually take into account all the things you know about "Internet Marketing' then you are sitting on a goldmine.

I sat there chasing affiliate dreams (see my signature har-har), building blogs, 'AUTHORITY SITES', 'niche-sites' etc....yawn yawn yawn.

Then one day I asked a local bike shop owner how he markets himself online.

The rest is history...

DON'T SELL WHAT YOU DO SHORT!!!!!!!

obeliskenterprises, May 9, 2009 IP
  2. Gavenecko

Gavenecko Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting. Thank you for answering my questions! I guess blogs are just fun for me. I enjoy doing them, so I think I have more to gain. I might consider a more professional website in the future for a specific niche that I know I am an expert on. :)

Gavenecko, May 10, 2009 IP
  3. Gavenecko

Gavenecko Member

Best Answers:
    That's so true! As a compulsive blog read, I lose interest very easily. Heck, I lose interest if there isn't a post daily!!!

Gavenecko, May 10, 2009 IP
  4. darrin_cooper

darrin_cooper Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I disagree with your assessment somewhat. Specifically in your "rise to the top with $1/day" scenario.
    It seems to suggest that with good content you will yield $1 per day which will allow you to rise to the top, therefore on the path to success.

In my opinion, I think this model is missing a key ingredient. That ingredient is "speed"
    And $1 per day is absolutely not going to cut it. Massive incursion of revenue is the key in my opinion.
    And the way to do that is to rapidly develop good content, & distribute it quickly. The goal however, is to do it at the lowest cost possible.

darrin_cooper, May 10, 2009 IP
  5. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer Peon

Best Answers:
    Everyone, or a few of you, are getting tripped up by me saying $1 can lead to success. The $1 a day leads to success only in my scenario of numbers. Some people pour their heart and soul into one site / blog and after 2 months they make $1 a day. [you know it's true] They then throw up their hands and walk away thinking they are a failure.

Let me give you an allegorical story. I played world of warcraft [i figure plenty of you play this so you can relate to the story] I wanted to play with someone in real life, as in somoene who lived in my city. So inevitably I ran into people and they didn't play on the same server. So I had to create a character, and get him up to speed to be able to play with the guys. Of course, after about a month, the person(s) always stopped playing. After about 10 times of doing this, I became and expert at making characters and getting them up to speed. What took me months, now took days. And, I went back and looked at those old characters and was shocked how I had setup the layout and the equipment and the skills of the characters. I had developed a system to make the character creation, play and leveling very very fast.

So, let's apply this to my scenario. If you are pouring your heart and soul into one blog / site and can only generate $1 a day, I say you've created your success, move on to make 100 of those. Note I also said by the time you get to #50 you can go back and find you'll be able to generate $2 or $4 / day. Because you have learned so much more. By the time you get to #100 you'll probably laugh at how much effort you put into #1 to get nearly nothing.

The learning curve for the enternet is very steep. That's why so many fail. There isn't a handbook per se, because every single person can do it different.

Can you make a blog that generates $10,000 a day? Sure you can. And, if you can, then... why are you on digitalpoint? Why are you reading this silly post? This is beneath you. This post is for people that think they can generate $1 / day. I'm encouraging you to do 2 things: a) not quit b) realize what you DO have. If someone sneers at you and says "oh you only can make $1/ day" I want you to realize how you can turn that into gold.

I know some of you are resisting this notion that $1 / day is money, but numbers don't lie. Go back over the math I presented earlier.

Also, what i'm saying, you can do in months. All of those $10,000 didn't do that in months. In fact, I've read posts talking about how much they make and they are still trying to make more and more. Think about this, all the top guys you read about make pennies compared to the real companies on the internet. [the ones that don't have blogs and that don't report earnings on the internet]

If you think you can make $1 / day, be encouraged. Don't let anyone discourage you. Reinvest into your company and make #2 website.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, May 12, 2009 IP
  6. jimbo21

jimbo21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This thread rocks. Thanks for all the great information guys.

jimbo21, May 12, 2009 IP
  7. Traffic2

Traffic2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Really nicely written and very informative.

Just one query - how to you 'find' .edu and .gov sites? I just never come across them when I am doing a standard google search.

Traffic2, May 12, 2009 IP
  8. nick2007

nick2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You must have mass time to update 50-100 sites.
    If you're a briliant writer, you can earn tons of bucks without those 50-100 sites.
    Just my opinion.
    Anyway, the topic is interesting.

nick2007, May 12, 2009 IP
  9. QuangVo

QuangVo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep this is really cool info, I always want to give up because I only made 0.30 a day. But I must not give up and continue to push on. All I want is to reach a 100.00 a day? I hope one day I can achieve this. :).

QuangVo, May 12, 2009 IP
  10. cashforlifetv

cashforlifetv Peon

Best Answers:
    i think you need high quality, highly valued, and high in demand content as well.

cashforlifetv, May 19, 2009 IP
  11. skatensx

skatensx Member

Best Answers:
    easier said than done. but i believe what you are saying.

skatensx, May 19, 2009 IP
  12. Spunkyasp

Spunkyasp Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the post I completely agree.

Spunkyasp, May 19, 2009 IP
  13. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys for the good feedback.

Yes you need good content. Like I said you can become and expert [seemingly] in any field, with one week of intense study and reading.

I once wrote a report for a class. It was on the spinal colum. Apparently the teacher was so impressed with it he shared it with a lot of other professors. So, one of these other professors, whom I had no classes with, came up to me and complimented me for 10 minutes on the greatness of the paper.

I had moved on and didn't even remember what was in the paper. However, I read articles, and defined each word in the articles, until I understood everything the articles and then wrote my paper. The end product was ... well, apparently brilliant in the eyes of the professors.

The school wrote me a note at the end of the year saying "I hope you find more challenges where ever you end up".

Yes, good content is key. But, the formula for good content is easy: define all terms in the content; define theory; define the thinking behind the theories; put forth your thought about whether you agree or disagree. 4 things. So simple.

You don't have to reinvent the wheel. You don't have to steal fire from the gods and bring it to man. You nearly have to just nod your head and say, "oh yes, that's true".

Where people fail, is that they copy and paste. Or even worse, they copy and paste and don't even copy that much.

If you were literally that lazy, you could copy and paste 5 articles and appear authoritative. Even if you don't copy and paste, if you read about 5 articles or papers, on the subject you're into, you realize that there's a common theme, or way of saying the same thing. Like I said, good content isn't about reinventing the niche, it's merely knowing the niche and presenting it.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, May 19, 2009 IP
  14. jonathanfigaro

jonathanfigaro Peon

Best Answers:
    lovely post my friend, keep up the good work!

jonathanfigaro, May 20, 2009 IP
  15. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Best Answers:
    I've been reading around the forum and various posts and people have been sharing what they make. One guy said he has 18,000 unique visitors to his site and he only make $100. Either he is targeting possibly the worst keywords in the history of google, or his adsense is hidden under a rock on his site.

However, and i get distracted easily, it just confirms my stance again. And, I've been reading up more and more of people saying the same thing: build more websites / blogs.

For example: i trade stocks, some of the guys in my trading group on ventrilo link blogs they read from time to time. One of the biggest, most successful blogs they linked I read over. I went to this guy's main page and every 2 minutes a new blog came through. He has 5 people in his group and they write up to date blogs. For the business day he / they posts about 7 blogs.

Let's say you didn't have adsense at all on your blog. Imagine though that you posted a link to your website on each blog. How quickly could you build 1,000 backlinks to your own site if you made 10 blog posts a day, and 10 articles a day, and 10 forum comments a day?

Now if you did that for the first website for a week, now do that for the 2nd website, the next week, and the 3rd and 4th and the 100th. You can see with a work ethic like this, you could easily create and rank a website in a week's time.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  16. typham

typham Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing new here but should be reminded, thanks for the write up!

typham, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  17. Hi from Claire!

Hi from Claire! Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been online working for 4 years, and have tried everything, and for some people all that you are saying here works great, but it just never did for me. I mean it worked to a certain degree, but not the stay at home income
    I was looking for...there is something out there that does work and I finally found it. It has nothing to do with the traditional marketing techniques...it is just giving and receiving. Simple, and Very Prosperous.

claire

Hi from Claire!, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  18. F27 Net

F27 Net Peon

Best Answers:
    Have to agree with the majority that this good info

F27 Net, Jul 25, 2009 IP
  19. escalabur9

escalabur9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wish I knew all this before

escalabur9, Jul 25, 2009 IP