1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The best url name for SEO....

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by eliasmoosa, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Cristian Mezei, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  2. JohnScott

JohnScott Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, the URL, including the domain. Highlighting does not indicate parsing, as I pointed out on my blog post. :)

The results you show all include the search terms on the page or in the page title. If you removed those, the pages would not rank for the words run together in the URL.

The way to test it is to put the keywords, run together, on your site. Like, create yourdomain.com/keyword1keyword2.html

Get some links to the page and get it indexed, but don't include the keywords in the page titles, on the page in text or ALT text or otherwise, and don't include the keywords in anchor text of links to the page.

After it's all good and indexed, do a site search for the keywords to see if Google returns the page. If they do, Google is parsing. If they don't, Google isn't parsing.

JohnScott, Apr 14, 2006 IP
    RectangleMan likes this.
  3. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice work, you did some serious research there.

I'm surprised that MSN is apparently ahead of Google in the area of parsing.

Sharpseo, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  4. BILZ

BILZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Do this search in google.

The keywords "seo jobs" are bolded in the URLs of the search results. Thats proof enough to me that they can parse the words even when they run together.

BILZ, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  5. JohnScott

JohnScott Notable Member

Best Answers:
    BILZ, I understand what you are saying, but parsing and highlighting are two different things. That issue is addressed on the blog post. :)

JohnScott, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  6. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Both will get the same rankings in search engines. :) Hyphens will allow Google, for example, to seperate keywords easier, but it probably won't effect your search engine placement for this specific keyword.

EGS, Apr 15, 2006 IP
    Colleen and jim like this.
  7. eklim8

eklim8 Peon

Best Answers:
    I heard some say with the "-" is better for SEO optimization. I don't know how true it is but as a internet user, i would prefer without "-";)

eklim8, Apr 15, 2006 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  8. jim

jim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not to dig up an old thread, but I'll use the hyphenated domain and use it. I'll sey up my site there and get all my links going there. Then I'll buy the non-hyphenated one and point it at the site (on the hyphenated domain) so I don't lose any type in traffic.

jim, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  9. seopup

seopup Peon

Best Answers:
    seopup, May 1, 2006 IP
  10. rickvidallon

rickvidallon Peon

Best Answers:
    Google recently filed United States Patent Application 20050071741. As part of that patent application, Google made apparent its efforts to wipe out search engine spam, stating:

'Valuable (legitimate) domains are often paid for several years in advance, while doorway (illegitimate) domains rarely are used for more than a year. Therefore, the date when a domain expires in the future can be used as a factor in predicting the legitimacy of a domain and, thus, the documents associated therewith."

Herein lies another opportunity for you to reach search engine supremacy. Domains registered for longer periods give the indication, true or not, that their owners are legitimate. Google uses a domain's length of registration when indexing and ranking a Web site for inclusion in their organic search results. To prove to everyone that your site is here to stay, register your domain names(s) for more than one year and increase your chances of boosting your search ranking on Google.

If you are a company, why would you want to deal with renewing your domain every year? Not to mention that you often get a discount for purchasing a domain for a longer term. Google has just given you another reason to look long term.

In addition to Google, other major search engines also consider the term of a domain registration as a small part of their algorithm, which is used to determine organic rankings of a Web site in their search engine.

The search engine business model provides the most relevant, valuable, and useful Web sites to their visitors. Web site owners who have a long-term business plan and domain registration usually fit this mold.

Some Web site visitors also check how long a domain is registered as part of their own due diligence to determine the legitimacy of a business or company by doing a look-up on www.whois.net to find out if your domain expires in less than a year.

Registering a domain name for a few extra years is a sound investment.
    Inspired by this insight myself, I just added five additional years of registration to my domain now set to expire in the year 2011. I plan to be around until then and hopefully much longer.

rickvidallon, May 1, 2006 IP
    Cristian Mezei likes this.
  11. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is some freakin' nice info...

I don't know if this is implemented, but ... How can we test this ?

Cristian Mezei, May 1, 2006 IP
  12. JohnScott

JohnScott Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That patent application wasn't recently filed. It was filed over a year ago, and there is no indication that it is in use.

JohnScott, May 3, 2006 IP
    Cristian Mezei likes this.
  13. forum-index.com

forum-index.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi
    For searched each term is the baby-food-online.com better. This same is better for searchengines generally (My opinion).
    But for user its not to easy to remind and typing your name. Therefore it is better to take both of them, if it's possible.
    If I want start a project I try to buy both of domain. If not then with keyword1-keyword2.com. And try to make a difference design and look as the keyword1keyword2.com and a another content/theme. If it's the same idea like mine then I forget this project :)

Sorry for my English, it's not good but I Work to make it better.

Mike

forum-index.com, May 3, 2006 IP
  14. visit_faraz

visit_faraz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I just noticed this.
    You see, I have bought the domain http://www.babyfoodonline.com and have built a site on it.
    I want to sell it now.
    So, if anyone of you is interested , send me a pm.

bye,
    faraz

visit_faraz, Nov 25, 2008 IP
  15. arieltn

arieltn Peon

Best Answers:
    use babyfoodonline.com easy for type-in

arieltn, Nov 25, 2008 IP