1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The best undergraduate courses to become a good computer programmer

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Liz Lazu, Jul 17, 2015.

I want to know the best undergraduate courses between IT,Computer science and computer engineering to become a good programmer. If it is up to your efforts,why people say IT(good),computer science(better) and computer engineering(best).
    Also,i need assistance to know each course's all topics..

Liz Lazu, Jul 17, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    IHMO if you are interested in coursework, you're after a piece of paper to impress the suits who don't know any better. It has NOTHING to do with education much less learning to be a good programmer as in my experience there's a reason most "educators" are in their profession. Generally they are unqualified to be flapping their gums on the topics they are allegedly there to teach, and it's a colossal waste of time if you ACTUALLY want to learn good practices, good methodologies, and become a "good programmer".

To be brutally frank (when am I ever anything but) IMHO a college degree, ANY college degree in IE/CompSci/CompEng isn't even suitable for wiping ones ass with. There are only two things it's good for:

1) proving you can sit there, behave, and rote memorize things you most likely should NEVER use once actually working in the profession.

2) Impressing people like human resources executives who know Jack-All about what they are hiring people for.

YMMV.

deathshadow, Jul 20, 2015 IP
  3. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    There is a lot of good courses in the MOOCs for instance coursera, edx etc. You don't need an undergrad degree to be a good computer programmer.

wisdomtool, Jul 20, 2015 IP