1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The best type of site to build

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by sivle, Aug 23, 2008.

I'm just wondering if it's best to build single landing page sites or mini sites with 5-10 pages...static, or to build larger sites, combining PPC with organic traffic. What works best? Just trying to figure out what works best for most people. Thanks.

sivle, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  2. Swordfish

Swordfish Active Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend you make a site that you think will serve a purpose and not just to make money.

I don't have experience with mini sites, so can't help you.. I personally have 3 large sites that I created to fill a void in those searching for online information and communities within particular subjects.

If your idea is already being done, than think about how you can improve on it and make it a more valuable resource than the others.

You hard work and time will pay off well than...

Good luck

Swordfish, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  3. txf861

txf861 Peon

Best Answers:
    You hard work and time will pay off well than...
    It is right!!!

txf861, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  4. philnet

philnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd agree with swordfish, developing a site is going to take a lot of time so you may as well base it around something you find interesting, otherwise your time spent will feel dull!
    Also, provide a service if you can, either a completely new service or improve on an existing service.
    Basically, there is still good money to be made from a good idea (the hard part is having it!)
    Phil

philnet, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  5. earlytorise

earlytorise Guest

Best Answers:
    I normally create 'mini sites' to add to an existing campaign. I have two large sites that are doing very well on their own, but I also create these small sites using different 'niche' SEO tactics to try and generate 'extra' traffic. The majority of my work however goes into the main sites and that is where I make my money.

Mini sites can also help you build targeted traffic to your main site as well as help with link popularity (if they're on different c-blocks) so they're not a bad idea, I just dont think they should be your main concern. Work on the big picture first and then worry about mini sites.

earlytorise, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  6. zed

zed Member

Best Answers:
    Try with vBulletin or IPB forums They can provide immence traffic

zed, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  7. liveDesigns

liveDesigns Guest

Best Answers:
    Start with at least 20 pages and make sure the pages are relevant to your product topic.
    This will help you do well in google for adwords. Then you can start on your SEO efforts based
    off the knowledge you gather from PPC

liveDesigns, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  8. dely^gun

dely^gun Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm prefer you to make the blog :)

Focus to the affiliate that you want to earn more. When you are blogging.. one time.. the money fill flow automatically.. trust me hehe..

When you provide a lot of information, sure the visitor will trust you and buy everything that sales from you blog :)

dely^gun, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  9. Guidance

Guidance Peon

Best Answers:
    A gadget blog or a health blog can earn a lot of money. Even some mini sites with 5-10 pages is enough as long as you can deliver a huge traffic. You can write a useful articles, or add some interesting features to make the visitors come back.

Guidance, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  10. shaila

shaila Guest

Best Answers:
    The first type of site you can create is the traditional niche content website.
    The second type of site you could build is a blog
    The third type of site you could create is an article directory
    The final type of site you could create also involves profiting from content your visitors submit. Setting up a forum can be very profitable, especially as you can build a relationship with your website visitors and they are more likely to purchase or click on something you recommend.

shaila, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  11. globestar

globestar Guest

Best Answers:
    globestar, Sep 1, 2008 IP
  12. sivle

sivle Peon

Best Answers:
    Some really great advice from all...appreciate the responses. I think sometimes the most difficult part for us newbies is just picking a direction and sticking with it, regardless of the outcome. I think we just want that magical forumla in the sky that we know will be successful, when we should just go for it and not be affraid to fail. I will start down one road and before I see it all the way through, I start down another road, before I know it I've got several strategies all going on at once, when I should probably just finish something and stay focused on that before moving on. Even if it doesn't work out, I'm sure I will at least learn something valuable along the way to take with me for next time.

sivle, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  13. www.buxincome.com

www.buxincome.com Guest

Best Answers:
    sivle it depends on your approach. As mentioned above, if you make an actual site that aims to provide content and fill a gap in the market and you work at it over time, you will probably start off making no money for a long time but eventually (if you targeted the right market and monetize it correctly) it will begin to pay off and keep paying off. If you go for mini sites, you need to build a lot of these and keep doing it finding new markets to target with your mini sites. A site you build for the long term is an asset, mini sites are not.

www.buxincome.com, Sep 3, 2008 IP