1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The best plugin or CMS for creating Business Directory

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Asterion, Jul 30, 2014.

I want to create my own business directory - which Directory CMS or plugin is the best for this purpose?
    I know that this question has been already asked on DP earlier but I want to know it now - which directories plugins are quite good at the moment and which one is the best?

Asterion, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  2. MGwebmaster

MGwebmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MGwebmaster, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  3. Asterion

Asterion Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks. Very informative and useful info.

Asterion, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  4. websguy

websguy Member

Best Answers:
    As i experienced wordpress is the most easiest platform to create any website. Well feel free to chose wordpress and use GeoDirectory plugin if you want to create business directory. But my advise to you create a local directory instead business directory.

websguy, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  5. Simon Gooffin

Simon Gooffin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

You should definitely check subrion yellow pages or esyndicat business directory package, if you have not decided on the script yet. Note, you will get a full-featured CMS that allows to manage the whole website content easily.

Ask in case you have any questions.

Simon Gooffin, Sep 2, 2014 IP
  6. luken

luken Member

Best Answers:
    Try Joomla it works fine....

luken, Oct 2, 2014 IP
  7. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    You will also find links to some good directory scripts here.

8. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    arrisweb, Oct 3, 2014 IP
  9. Web Directory Reviews Org

Web Directory Reviews Org Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    I use DirectoryPress, from PremiumPress, for my directory of directories. Although it serves my purposes, I don't think I'd choose something like it again. Although I think there are work-arounds, I don't like the way that it displays subdirectory menus, and I am not one bit pleased with their tech support. Although they promise 24/7 tech support, and it is true that they will reply to tech support requests, not once were they even the least bit of help with any of the questions that I had. After PremiumPress' tech support told me that things couldn't be done, someone in their community forum would tell me how to do it. They have a new directory project now, with DirectoryTheme replacing DirectoryPress, but they do not allow DirectoryPress subscribers to upgrade to it without buying a full license, and I wouldn't want to depend on them to ensure that the data was transferred over.

10. wwws

wwws Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, not a big fan of DirectoryPress, I've tried it several times and it is not for me (waste of $$). One there is just to much options in the control panel and it is just distracting, hard to work with, skip this one.
    If you aren't looking for the "traditional" directory layout, I would recommend Vantage (demo) from AppThemes, that will cost you a little much and it also has a marketplace where you can install childthemes or skins just in case you do not like the default look and feel, each skins will run you about $39.

If that is not you thing, then maybe taking a look at ThemeForest for directory themes great if you want to do a regional directory, real estate, auto listing, restaurant reviews etc.

wwws, Oct 5, 2014 IP