1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Best Days are Behind Now

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by websiteideas, Jul 18, 2006.

Yahoo had a disappointing earnings released and the stock traded down sharply in after hours trading just now. Do you think this will mean they will be taking more from publishers now to try and save themselves? Is this the start of a downturn for online search marketing in general or just localized with Yahoo?

websiteideas, Jul 18, 2006 IP
  2. catchafire

catchafire Guest

Best Answers:
    A downturn in online search marketing? Absolutely not. Look at total search volume increase over last year. Wasn't it something 30%?

This is a Yahoo only problem. They, for whatever reason, are unwilling or incapable of improving a platform that was quite good 4 or 5 years ago. It baffles me, because I for one would like to see some competition for Adwords. Google is getting just a bit too powerful.

catchafire, Jul 19, 2006 IP
  3. Original

Original Banned

Best Answers:
    Yahoo is going to claim back up, trust me, they are not going to stay with there hands crossed.

Original, Jul 27, 2006 IP
  4. stojan

stojan Guest

Best Answers:
    I think Yahoo is way too commercial and that is something that is coming back to them , and I think people start loosing interest in SOME of their products. You could say that Google does the same thing, but what works for one does not work for the other, at least not in this case.
    I have been a Yahoo customer for years now, and I think for example their customer service SUCKS. They should be much responsive, down to earth, and just show that there are some real people behind this whole thing, that what makes them different from Google.

stojan

stojan, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  5. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As a advertiser in YSM (overture) I personally feel that Yahoo should take a hard look at their application. Its damn user un-friendly, complicated to create simple listing and it takes ~2 days to get my ad approved.

Whoooo....if they want to compete with adwords - they need to overhaul their YSM/Overture interface/application. It just sucks.

dshah, Jul 28, 2006 IP
  6. mika123

mika123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree! they are too slow in approving ads. It's been more than 48 hours and I'm still waiting for approval for some of my campaigns.

mika123, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  7. digiseek

digiseek Peon

Best Answers:
    Already we see the effect, as our earnings are going low. I am sure it will be back up again.

digiseek, Jul 31, 2006 IP