1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The best country to live in??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by paulcristian, Dec 4, 2016.

Hi, in which country is the best to live ? in which country you live? is the best ?if yes, why is that?

paulcristian, Dec 4, 2016 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    They say people in Denmark are the happiest. That doesn't necessarily mean it's the best place for you to live. It comes down to personal preferences, what lifestyle you want, etc.

dcristo, Dec 4, 2016 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    NZ is pretty awesome but we've got plenty of professionals who have been lured down from Eastern Europe believing their qualifications will be recognised. They are by Immigration so they get in, but not by their professional bodies so they end up cleaning office blocks or driving taxis.

Lots use NZ as an easy gateway to Australia which makes employers wary because they think you'll only stay until you qualify under their system.

And then you have the people who just don't earn enough - they get Government support but it sucks being poor. If I had to be poor anywhere, though, this is probably a good place. Free health care, schools etc. Could be much worse.

If you are thinking of moving country consider the type of work you might be able to get, the discrimination you might face before making any expensive decisions.

sarahk, Dec 4, 2016 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    How about Canada. Everyone says it's an awesome country to live in. Not sure how easy it is to immigrate there (probably not easy). It's cold there, though. Don't care for any country where you have to freeze your bum for 9 months each year.

qwikad.com, Dec 5, 2016 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Canada definitely seems like a cool place. Is it cold everywhere in Canada? I thought Toronto was like a resort town?

dcristo, Dec 5, 2016 IP
  6. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    You're probably right, there are a few exceptions there. I read somewhere that Toronto is a melting pot of various ethnic groups. Some find it to be exciting while visiting the city, some are quite shocked since it's not what people typically think Canada is like. It would be interesting to hear from native Canadians what they think of Toronto.

qwikad.com, Dec 5, 2016 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We probably need to know the context of @paulcristian's question. Is he just shooting the breeze or looking to make a life changing decision?

sarahk, Dec 5, 2016 IP
  8. Bizzoyce

Bizzoyce Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love living in Canada, It is cold here and there is no wheres in Canada that stays warm during winter months.

Bizzoyce, Dec 5, 2016 IP
  9. paulcristian

paulcristian Member

Best Answers:
    no was just shooting the breeze

Well i live in Romania, i visited U.K and France, was thinking to move to France, but then i figure out it dosent worth

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2016
    paulcristian, Dec 6, 2016 IP
  10. GoodByeLinks.com

GoodByeLinks.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I live in United States, New York Its awesome because we have a lot of stuff to buy and places to go at night but sucks because of high taxes and small living spaces

GoodByeLinks.com, Dec 6, 2016 IP
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    One thing about living in the U.S. is that you can find just about any living conditions, including climate, that you prefer: hot and muggy, mostly cold and dark, and everything in between. You can also find a state/region that matches your political, urban/suburban/rural, and career preferences. You can be a real nomad moving thousands of miles or stay in one place your whole life. Quality of life is what you make it, of course.

What we don't have, unlike most countries, is a single culture based upon historic nationality. So we may have the widest divergence of opinions, traditions, etc., of any country. We are Portuguese-Americans, Italian-Americans, African-Americans, etc. Some people find this refreshing, others not so much.

Ultimately, "best country" is in the eyes of the beholder, of course.

jrbiz, Dec 7, 2016 IP
  12. TheMummy

TheMummy Guest

Best Answers:
    The United States is one BIG country. Parts of it are great to live in. Other parts are hell on Earth. There's a lot in between. I still prefer living here in the US, though my travels have taken me to very lovely countries.

TheMummy, Dec 7, 2016 IP
  13. putfiles

putfiles Greenhorn Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I live in Holland

putfiles, Dec 8, 2016 IP
  14. agung fajriadi

agung fajriadi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I still prefer living in Indonesia, I think everyone would think to stay in his birthplace.

agung fajriadi, Dec 14, 2016 IP
  15. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    20 years ago I'd passionately disagree with you. Now that I've lived in another country for almost 20 years, I can tell you, your homeland will always be near and dear to your heart. People should think twice before attempting to immigrate to another country. It's a huge step into the unknown. I met immigrants who felt miserable and depressed. So, bloom where you're planted. The grass may seem greener on the other side of the fence, but it's really not. Of course there are exceptions to this, but that's not what I am talking about right now.

qwikad.com, Dec 14, 2016 IP
    agung fajriadi, jrbiz and sarahk like this.
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting perspective. While my wife and I have stayed in our country of origin (U.S.) we both moved quite some distance from where we were actually born and it has had some ramifications. For example, we did not have family or a large group of neighbors/friends around us to help when we had young kids or just about anything like that (moving to a new house, etc.) It is always a big trip to go see family for holidays and other special occasions. On the other hand, we also had a buffer space to keep us away from family squabbles, gossip, etc. We also made a big move from one area to another, so we have been a bit nomadic beyond leaving our birthplaces. My brother and my wife's two sisters, in the other hand, have lived their entire lives within a few miles of where they were born and raised. So, they had the exact opposite experience. Which way is better? No idea. :)

jrbiz, Dec 14, 2016 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  17. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    @jrbiz If I remember it right you said your folks live in Upstate NY. My wife is from there. She lived there all her life until her first husband passed away, then she moved to FL. I, on the other hand, traveled extensively all my life. I am glad that we (my wife and I) are both thousands of miles away from our extended families. When I hear something's going on I just say "That's what you get for living so damn close to each other!!" LOL.

qwikad.com, Dec 14, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  18. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You need to travel a bit more, not sure what you're talk about. It hardly ever snows in Vancouver or Vancouver Island. No one owns a set of winter tires in the greater Vancouver area. We call Vancouver and Vancouver Island Lotus Land.
    How can you be so ignorant about your own country? I have lived and worked in Vancouver in the past and haven't seen snow in years.

P.S. On a humorous side note: The city of Vancouver a city of about 1.5 million, only owns 2 old broken down snow plows that hardly ever see any action. Apparently on the rare times that they are used it is murder trying to get the ancient things to start up again.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    Spoiltdiva, Dec 14, 2016 IP
    sarahk and jrbiz like this.
  19. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It is my wife's family that lives in upstate NY. My family hails from what Bostonians call "out west" (Western Massachusetts.) I do love your comeback about living too close to each other.

I have been to Vancouver a few times on business and I have always called it San Diego's twin city, except that they have pine trees instead of palm trees. :)

The similarities between these two harbor cities have always impressed me, including the mild weather (though San Diego gets and stays much hotter for most of the year.)

jrbiz, Dec 14, 2016 IP
  20. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    It all depend on your own preferences where you want to spent your whole life .A study suggest that Denmark is the happiest country in the world but it dint make denmark the best place to live.For me my country is the best .

wanessmark, Dec 14, 2016 IP