1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The best available domain name for [USA News Website]

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by AymanX, Feb 29, 2020.

Hi everybody,
    I decided to build a USA News website, and i'm looking for the best domain name for it, i need a catchy, easy to remember domain name that don't have competitors on Google search to rank it easily, also i need it to be cheap domain, any suggestions, or ideas?

thank you.

AymanX, Feb 29, 2020 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Feb 29, 2020 IP
    superrichguy likes this.
  3. AymanX

AymanX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, I have a domain: Generalie.com , the problem with this domain is it's close to another similar aged and indexed domain: generali.com, so when i search google about: Generalie, it says do you mean Generali, and give me results about Generali
    In your opinion, should i build a USA general news website on my domain and try to index it or register a new domain?

AymanX, Feb 29, 2020 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Let's see... Your domain is Generali

1) Google considers it misspelled. Probably because it's not an english word and looks misspelled.. It's horrible.
    2) There's another web site that has a similar sounding domain that has a strong presence and maturity.
    3) The domain sucks for a US News site...

A better question is WHY would you go with it?????

Now before you waste more time answering that question WHY are you creating a US news web site? There are hundreds of US news web sites, papers, media broadcast companies that rule that sector. There are even MORE smaller news sites that dominate the little piece of the pie that is left over. Then there are thousands of news sites that scrape from other news sites. There are even news sites that scrape from web sites that scrape other news sites that rewrite news they get from scraped news sites publishing news written by major reporting companies. What the hell are you doing differently that needs to be done? What the hell is your plan?

In my opinion this is a terrible idea. A terrible idea + terrible domain = ?

NetStar, Feb 29, 2020 IP
    wmtips, jrbiz and sarahk like this.
  5. AymanX

AymanX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for your opinion, that's exactly what i looking for, it sucks for a US News site
    I think in it in this way: Generalie.com = General Lie = News :D :D Smart, Right?!!!

AymanX, Feb 29, 2020 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, it could be an interesting site based on the "General Lie" theme. There is so much fake news out there, you could try to become an arbiter of the fake news by posting the most silly and egregious examples of such. Of course, as @NetStar says, this is an extremely saturated market, so it will be very difficult to stand out from the noise.

jrbiz, Mar 1, 2020 IP
  7. vitaldon

vitaldon Member

Best Answers:
    I've bought rillnews.com several years ago, had some plans with it, but now is working on another project. If you could describe me your project about news website in brief with some distinguish interesting features, I would consider your proposal to sell it or to become your partner in this initiative. Thank you.[​IMG]

vitaldon, Mar 1, 2020 IP
  8. WritingPrices

WritingPrices Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, there would certainly be a lot of competition. On the other hand, there are still some decent .com domain names available for registration like BiggestHeadlines, WeeklyUSNews or TruthfulHeadlines.

WritingPrices, Apr 4, 2020 IP
  9. bomb2060

bomb2060 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I saw newswebsite.com was on auction on flippa. Maybe try bidding that. And if I may ask, how are you planning to source your news? You have writers or you also play to scrape from other news websites?

bomb2060, Apr 8, 2020 IP
  10. vivan

vivan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    think of a creative keyword that can be easy for your visitors to remember and depict its role online.

vivan, Apr 9, 2020 IP
  11. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your General Lie theme is very good.
    Do a bust of fake news on your website.

JEET, Apr 10, 2020 IP
  12. videofotografen

videofotografen Member

Best Answers:
    I registred my first .COM domain back in 1997 and at that time it was very easy to find a good domain name which wasnt occupied. Now more than 20 years later it is not so easy do find a "good looking" .COM domain name.

videofotografen, Jun 6, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  13. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @videofotografen
    I agree, finding a .COM domain is not easy these days. Very few good names with acceptable length exist.
    However, domain registries have launched so many new extensions, niche specific.
    You can get .NEWS, .HOST, .JOB, .LIMITED etc etc.
    So no need to get "USA Company News .COM", you can get "USA Company. NEWS" easily.

I recently picked this: "MNC.NEWS"
    Haven't put up my website yet...

JEET, Jun 6, 2020 IP
    Aelko and jrbiz like this.