1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The best alternative to Google Analytics

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by MGwebmaster, May 2, 2014.

I've been using Google Analytics for a long time and the more I'm doing it the less I'm satisfied. It's becoming more and more complicated, its interface constantly change but it doesn't get better... rather opposite. Plus add here all sorts of limits of Google Analytics and it becomes clear that you need to look for an alternative. I suppose it will be paid web analytics with simpler user interface and of course effective. What's your opinion - what web analytics tool is the best replacement for Google Analytics?

MGwebmaster, May 2, 2014 IP
  2. Nusaint

Nusaint Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nusaint, May 2, 2014 IP
  3. abyse

abyse Notable Member

Best Answers:
    abyse, May 2, 2014 IP
  4. saarbel

saarbel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've been using Clicky for a looong time and It's very easy to use ..

saarbel, May 2, 2014 IP
  5. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer Statcounter as well.

micksss, May 2, 2014 IP
  6. Matrix77

Matrix77 Banned

Best Answers:
    HiStats?

http://www.histats.com/

Matrix77, May 3, 2014 IP
  7. SpeedEnd

SpeedEnd Banned

Best Answers:
    I am also using statcounter since early 2008 and I love it. It shows very detailed report for each visit you get.

SpeedEnd, May 3, 2014 IP
  8. MGwebmaster

MGwebmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Checked a few web analytics tools. There are still some percentage of Search Engine Referrals that close for review: (Keywords Unavailable).
    The same I got from Google Analytics - is there any way to see these keywords?

MGwebmaster, May 3, 2014 IP
  9. GT6

GT6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer statcounter.com. It has nearly everything I need for my sites. Of course piwik is good but if your site is on shared hosting it will definitely raise some cpu usage. My vote for statcounter.

GT6, May 31, 2014 IP
  10. NicYakimchuk

NicYakimchuk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would recommend to stick with Google Analytics. As there is more competition, Google powers up the tool to stay competitive. Yes, there is a learning curve to happen. Or hire someone to manage it for you :)

NicYakimchuk, Jun 21, 2014 IP
  11. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend Piwik.Itis an open source web analytics platform that gives you insights into your website’s visitors and marketing campaigns. You can use it for web analytics, ecommerce analytics, server log analytics, and intranet analytics. It will allow you to profile your audience, learn about your users’ behavior (where they come from, what they do, and where they go), and measure goals to increase conversions. Piwik also offers apro versionof their platform for additional functionality, support, and training.

webcosmo, Jun 22, 2014 IP
  12. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    used Piwik in the past. Very good, but can be a mess sometimes. I deleted it after a while. But could try again with a fresh install in the future.

13. Kanonig

Kanonig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Statcounter is really easy to use and i still don't understand why i prefer it over GA.

Kanonig, Jun 22, 2014 IP
  14. GT6

GT6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am using both on some of my sites. GA and SC ... Statcounter gives me some of the high ranked keyword . So I vote for statcounter again. Google is good but google analytics only shows what google wants us to see. Freedom of webmasters cannot be taken by any company, it doesn't really matters if its google or some other.

GT6, Jul 17, 2014 IP
  15. ParadigmAU

ParadigmAU Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just stick with GA, it really gives the best data overall IMHO. I have used Piwik in the past when I was feeling paranoid about Google but got sick of the added workload it created with updates and maintaining your own tracking Server.

Also if you do any client work GA is the only viable option to provide them on their site. It's not like you are going to setup their own Piwik install or track their websites indefinitely on your install.

In terms of referrer keywords there is no way around the (not provided) result on your organic keywords. If the search comes from Google its via https and no analytics platform is going to reveal those keywords.

Lastly if you end up running Adwords or remarketing the integration is going to be a lot simpler with GA rather than any third party.

Seriously GA is the easy choice. Learn to drive it and you have a valuable skill that is transportable to anywhere in the world. Google Occams Razor and look for Avinash Kaushik to see just what you can do with GA. It will blow you away :)

ParadigmAU, Sep 22, 2014 IP
  16. Jeffr2014

Jeffr2014 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I assume you are talking about this post: "Google Analytics Tutorial: 8 Valuable Tips To Hustle With Data!"
    It's true that there are some useful tips there, but it just confirms the thesis that GA has poorly designed and over-complicated interfaces. Yet, what I hate most about GA is the fact that you can only see a tiny fraction of keywords used in organic search. I am going to read more about statcounter, never heard of it before reading this thread...

Jeffr2014, Apr 9, 2015 IP
  17. Kingfish85

Kingfish85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with this as well - Piwik is a great platform. It does take a bit of time learning at first and getting everything setup, custom views etc etc however, once it's properly configured, it's pretty robust.

Kingfish85, Apr 10, 2015 IP
  18. u4mee

u4mee Banned

Best Answers:
    I am utilizing Just Google Analytics on my devices blog so is it alright to utilize numerous following apparatuses on single web journal.. ??
    if I use alternate to google analytics, it will helpful for me or not please help me...

u4mee, Apr 15, 2015 IP
  19. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You can use as many tools as you want, however if you utilize many you might experience a bit of a lag on page-load - two, maybe three should be more than enough.

PoPSiCLe, Apr 17, 2015 IP
  20. cevirisozluk

cevirisozluk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Analytics is just shit as the name suggests!
    It's like Google Circles: an unsuccesful attempt!
    Beware!

cevirisozluk, Jul 8, 2015 IP