1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The benefit of a directory over a search engine

Discussion in 'Directories' started by JamieG, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    You may be right about Google, but they aren't exactly going to go hungry or be afraid of guys like you or anyone for that matter. You seem to have this fear of newcomers to DP, myself, nebuchadrezzar, and is why you cannot resist attacking - but then again I was on BB and perhaps it's that fame and the fact I keep getting the press exposure that annoys you. But that brings us back to what I was saying earlier about webmasters hating anyone that's better than them, and that's how pathetic the world is these days. I wish people would get a bloody life and stop harrassing innocent folks like it's some kind of past-time and life-altering solution because they fucked up their own lives.

I have to put you straight on a few things, because you're making up shit about me and I don't appreciate it. You labelled me as a bighead, which I'm not and you talk about yourself in the same manner that you accuse me of eg:

So you sure you aren't a teeny, tiny bit egotistical Jamie? - ok :rolleyes:

You know on BB's On the Couch, it was said by Judy James that girls are still immature in mid 20's, and guys too. There's not much in 3 or 4 years experience Jamie, 10 years yeah - but not 3 or 4 years, and it's about time you realised that.

What happened to my hosting company? Let's not talk about that, but the search type articles you so badly crave are on the web and very easy to access. Just do a search, I'm sure you know how.

What's facinating about you Jamie is you talk yourself up to be bigger than me, yet you make me to be the bad guy in all this - rotflol. I haven't seen your sites and I think you are the bullshitter here - not me. Yes, I know you keep saying it's nobodys business, but you can see how it looks right :)

Oh you did get my Bodyguard certificate, it's nice isn't it - so it looks like I wasn't talking crap about what I've achieved. I can prove all manner of things Jamie, and you underestimated me which was a big mistake. I did say a while back that you never know who you're dealing with on forums didn't I.

Now lets stop these silly boys games and get back to some decent discussion.

Event_King, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  2. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Of course they won't but that's not my concern, my concern is more around cleaning up the web even if by a tiny fraction.

I'm a newcomer myself and welcome newcomers, just not ones who are full of self importance without really having a clue. FAME? You call this fame? Liam trying to have sex with Pillow! I'll stick to being a nobody thanks.

I hate no-one, I'm a Christian, I dislike people like you making a fool of yourself, its so un-necessary.

You put me straight on one thing, you are the liar from the wannabe spin off of big brother. I don't want to start throwing stones so please, shut up and post relevance without this incessant need to pretend to be something you aren't, its getting tiresome.

I'm young in body but old in the mind as unlike you I was prepared to learn and not think I know it all. ;)

I did, I don't want to embaraas you so won't go there unless you want me to.

Is that right!? Who's the bullshitter?

I got a photocopy of a poor scan that said basic bodyguard skills, tried to check out the company but it never existed, or did it? You can put me straight on that one. :confused:

First piece of common sense you said since joining here so kindly refrain from hi-jacking my threads and get back on topic.

JamieG, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  3. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Or lie your way on to national television, eh Liam?;) BTW, I'd be interested to hear your story one day, of how you fooled a multi-billion pound company into putting their faith in you to get through the auditions and onto our tv screens, robbing a customer of an MSN account in the process.

Spider-Man, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  4. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:

This is the problem with the press Spider, they print rubbish so that guys like you and Jamie believe it. People want to believe the negative stuff, the rubbish that's created to sell newspapers.

This is how they make their money. Don't believe everything you read, actually one article said that I wrote into them, utter bullshit ofcourse, and I take it with a pinch of salt. They tried to interview my ex-partners, find out my background etc etc, then when they fail, they make something up. And even when the truth is told, they still edit that to make celebs look like mud.

Unfortunately the gullible always falls for such nonsense.

5. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    Funnily enough I wasn't referring to newspapers, I was referring to other forums, message boards and websites of ex-customers of your mighty empire;) You've seen the topics, I won't embarrass you further.

6. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    So if its nonsense why haven't they removed the libellous comments then Liam? Surely on £200k a year you have more than enough money to take them all to Court and get an injunction against every untruth. :confused:

JamieG, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  7. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey, that's fine - if you want to clean the web up feel free, I'm not stopping you.

Full of self-importance, now you don't know me personally and obviously judge people by what some newspaper writes - that's very blinkered and a little weird, but we all get our jollys one way or another. Sex with a cushion and a pillow, Orgies, lol - and you believe that crap do you lol. Get real, this happens to every BB contestant that's walked through those doors, the entire media trip lasts about 4 months, then it's over - I promise you that's what happens. It's all fake and manufactured, 99% is bullshit....

Yes, you are best of out of it, as you don't know what you are talking about - no offense intended :)

But like all parasites gagging for a story, you still read about the people you most dislike.... Says a lot really don't it :rolleyes:

Liar, who says - you, the media - if you don't like it, then don't read it!

You remind me of mature employees in organisations that have worked there for 20 years. They know everything, love to be the big boss, big teacher and mentor - and the moment the subordinate disagrees, answers back or refuses to comply or conform, they get stabbed in the back. These old buggers don't have lives, live for the company like they own it (and likely think they do own it), they hate change or difference and never change their ways.

They are usually made obsolete/redundant, cast away despite faithful duty and years of service, left to concentrate on hobbies like directories or crown green bowling. hmmm.

Yes, company exists. The instructors were all ex Royal Marine squaddies, Griff, Andy, Dave - I forget the others now, but they have protected royalty, businessmen, famous people and were in a Channel 4 documentary one time entitled BodyGuards.

home to Europe's foremost security academy where for over 22 years we have trained bodyguards for dozens of countries and hundreds of organisations.

http://www.excelsecurity.co.uk/CP.htm

Excel Security, but it also goes by the name of Excel Protection which is their Bodyguard Academy and services to VIP's or Principal as it's known in the trade. It's nice work, £150 a day, but the hours can be hell - about 14 hour days.

£4,200 a month and at least 3 months off per year. Very nice.

8. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    Am in the process of suing various individuals. Can't sue the press, I need them and it's not a good idea when you rely on them.

Can't sue everybody either, I'd spend my life fighting in Court etc - no thanks, shaming them works better and press releases are powerful.

9. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:

Ahh, sorry, I thought you meant the real media and not 'New Media'.

Forums, yes, like the BB house where we have many on-lookers, much editing and opinion, but nobody's interested in the truth - just innaccurate gossip, where everyone is a media expert on eviction, as usual they have no experience of dealing with mass media, and they end up paying for it majorly.

The public see and know so little, and what is picked up is nothing except a bunch of heavily edited bs - and they call it entertainment Spider.... It's just a gameshow and not reality, obviously many can't tell the difference.

Such as life.........

10. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    It certainly ain't just gossip when the words come straight from your own mouth. Unless there's some pretty wicked video and sound editors in the world. Ahh, YouTube is bliss. :p

11. dethfire

dethfire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmm I got in goguides.com and joeant.com last month and see no traffic increase, seems like a waste of money to me

dethfire, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  12. jminscoe

jminscoe Peon

Best Answers:
    the OP has nothing to do with traffic increase:rolleyes: it has to do with finding what you want when you want w/o all the garbage

jminscoe, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  13. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Your full of it, you know it, I know it, you got caught out, the name Walter Mitty comes to mind. :rolleyes: Write a book called 'acceptance', you need to learn to accept how to tell the truth first.

Oh, tell that security firm their (accounts are overdue.) And for a firm that that pays £150 an hour filing total exemption, hmm, yet another porky I fear. :confused:

Oh well, guess your not going to change and will always be a billy the bullshitter, I'll still be here to help you if you ever want to change your ways and accept others can and will help if you cut out your nonsense.

Now get back on the thread, it was getting interesting until this load of rubbish cropped up. Can search engines ever beat semantic manipulation? I for one doubt it.

JamieG, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  14. Nyceane

Nyceane Member

Best Answers:
    Search Engine no longer pick up a lot of directory due to rel="nofollow"

Nyceane, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  15. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    A directory that uses nofollow serves absolutely no purpose for the user or submitter whatsoever. The reason Google is filtering out some directories is for duplication of content and link farms.

16. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    Jamie, I know your type - whatever proof is put infront of you, is dismissed and if you can't win an argument, you chant Bullshitter lol.

You think by downloading accounts for £5 (that's if you did), this somehow says I'm bullshitting lol. Company accounts for this security firm are nothing to do with me nor what this argument was originally about, and you know it :rolleyes:

You tried to me put me down and you failed. You were proven wrong, and now you can't take it.

That's got nothing to do with me or this argument and your talking crap Jamie. The security industry is very close knit, word spreads like you wouldn't believe and personnel keep in touch a lot. If something happens with a security company, then many hear about it from the BSIA or other firms staff, such as accounts info, firms going bust, promotions, who goes to work for what company etc etc. Why would you pretend that you know something I don't, well, you don't in this case. Hang on a trainee lawyer, that goes through a 3 year degree in Law, qualifies, then refuses work in an industry, comes on a forum and argues with a highly trained security professional and tries to tell him that he doesn't know his own industry. Goes to the trouble of downloading accounts from Companies House to win an argument because he lost face over some blokes security training - why.

You're on a wind up right, you must be thick as hell to think any of this basic investigation by you impresses me or proves that your superior. Oh by the way, the Certificate is real, but the name on it is fake - I'm not Liam Young. It's amazing what a Scanner's edit function can do, you can erase text and replace it - do quite a lot. Yahoo email is free so I set up a fake account in about 2 minutes - but it was great entertainment for me, and exposed your true colours. But to know that you go to such lengths to win an argument is just amazing and thoroughly entertaining.

I sent that certificate to you to prove my training that you thought didn't exist, my name is - well you aren't getting that, but I don't know Liam, apart from him being on that BB show. You called me Liam because I put a BB logo in my profile, and from that you deduced that I was Liam, why Liam? - my guess is you have some issue with him, and I went along with it because you kept insisting that I was Liam, and I knew that me simply denying I was him - well you wouldn't have believed me.

Well worth it and shows that you have no credibility as a directory owner, you have no trust, can't hold a normal debate and will confront at every opportunity to win any thread topic, especially when it's to do with your amazing directory. Intent is self-promotion (obviously) and everyone knows it.

Like I said, you don't know who you're dealing with on forums and I'd be worried that a qualified lawyer does what you have done. The insults, the attacks and accusations about things I haven't even been involved with, you are just a webmaster, with some connection with another copied, done to death idea, who goes about attacking others when you can't get your way.

That is not the behaviour of a normal person, never mind a Lawyer. I led you on a wild goose chase Jamie, and you fell for it. Yep you may be about to take over some huge directory company - but calling others liars, won't get you many customers.

Well we both know that's not going to happen. But it's just another attempt at inciting conflict by you.

Can search engines ever beat semantic manipulation? I for one doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Nope - I'm not here to help plug you're run of the mill article, and there's better information about this subject plastered on the web. I refuse to be involved in a thread that's clearly built around your self-promotion of a directory.

17. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    EK mate can you give it break, how about staying on topic most of dont give a shit and this continual crap after crap.

DownUnder, Jun 19, 2008 IP
    jminscoe likes this.
  18. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    LMAO; Could not have put it better. Although I have to say for the sake of the forum he IS Liam and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Right DownUnder, back on track, I've put billy the bullshitter on ignore for the time being.

Oh, except for this bit as its relevant to the OP.

I've asked you to show me several times now, I want to learn so even though you think my blog is 'run of the mill' let me see others so I can learn on how to improve.

JamieG, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  19. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ask (askjeeves earlier) started out as a natural query engine, are they better than others in avoiding spam due to semantic manipulation?

jitendraag, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  20. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ack !! I just learned the trades in Manila Slum with some info from Abu Sayaf and the New Peoples Army in Cordillera Mountains of Father Balweg before being hired as bodyguard in Estepona, Malaga by a Saudian Sheik in the 80's. :D

:eek:

popotalk, Jun 19, 2008 IP