1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Art of Logo design.

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by scurvy, Aug 9, 2013.

Logo design is an Art form unlike any other form of Graphics Design. It is a pure creative form of expression, that can make or break a company or site or anything that the logo is meant for.
    A good classy logo will make the company stand out, be remembered among the rest of the fish in the sea, while a crap logo will forever relegate it to mediocrity.

Designing the perfect logo requires; born talent of the designer, loads of experince, mastery of the software tools, and quirky, think-outside-the-box attitude for the best results.

Adobe Illustrator is the primary tool for logo design as its a vector tool and vector is what you need for logo design.
    Other vector software such as Corel Draw, the free Inskscape and even the limited vector capabilities of Photoshop can be utilized to varying degrees of success.

scurvy, Aug 9, 2013 IP
  2. satrebor

satrebor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nah.. why do you call illustrator the primary? Corel Draw has features like illustrator too..

satrebor, Aug 15, 2013 IP
  3. Susan Garrett

Susan Garrett Peon

Best Answers:
    AI all the way. I make better, stronger logos when I use it. Plus it’s best with Mac. Strong logos make a lasting impression. It’s vital branding tactic especially online because it attracts new customers who are generally visual. If you want ideas for your marketing your brands, visit http://leadgenerationlab.com.au :) :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
    Susan Garrett, Sep 12, 2013 IP
  4. syncotix

syncotix Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I use Inkscape for drawing everything including logos.... firstly because it is free -not just because I am cheap, but so that anyone can easily edit the files.... it is also really good... only problem is it does not seem to have native CMYK support(it has a CMYK profile, but can't save them properly from what I have read). So I need to use another tool to convert them after.
    And you are right, a logo can make or break a company.

syncotix, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  5. picobello

picobello Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Interesting discussion here.
    I think the Art itself, the Talent and the Vision are more important factors that the software used to achieve the result.
    Do you agree?

picobello, Sep 14, 2013 IP
  6. decadance

decadance Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agree, without clear vision and imaginations, such expensive software would go waste

decadance, Sep 18, 2013 IP
    picobello likes this.
  7. joshdesigns

joshdesigns Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Most Graphic Design programs (for a degree in it) would like you to do Logos in Illustrator, but you can always use other things, a lot of people mastered Photoshop/ FireAlpaca to make their designs turn out about the same as it would in Illustrator.

joshdesigns, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  8. webmaster3388

webmaster3388 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good discussion, I got new names of softwares from here !!!

webmaster3388, Sep 23, 2013 IP