1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The AmazonAssociate Experiment, Is It Earning?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by ZilaHost, Jul 29, 2012.

1. ZilaHost

ZilaHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Shmeeko69, i think you are brilliant and i want to learn further from you. I understand you research new technology followed up hy keyword research and post product reviews/articles online. I would like to hire you to write just one and publish it to my site. You would have full control over how you write it, what product its about and if you choose to include photos and so on. I would then study it frequently and pick up techniquss as well as watch its performan e all well monitoring it from the back end. I really hope youll take me up on this and. allow me to learn from you. If your willing to co sider please private message me for a figurs on what i can pay you.

-Al

Ps please forgive my spelling, im writing from my phone

ZilaHost, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  2. shmeeko69

shmeeko69 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi LemonTide, Thanks for your kind words I really appreciate them. I've sent you a PM about your request.

shmeeko69, Aug 17, 2012 IP
  3. ZilaHost

ZilaHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    This month we will be investigating the effects of the "Amazon Hotlists" widget for wordpress. I purchased and installed the widget the the website.

Not liking how it looked on the sidebar, I have created three sticky posts for the following categories: Toys/Movie/Video Games. I then set up the widget to display the top 5 clearance items in these categories and update it as changes occur on the Amazon website. I did extensive SEO keyword research and set these up to get quite a audience from Google.

Over the next month or two I will watch and update you if the widget is successful and how it does for landing sales.

1.jpg 2.jpg

Live examples of Amazon Hotlists:

Video Game Deals

Best Movie Deals

Top Toy Deals

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
    ZilaHost, Aug 21, 2012 IP
  4. mdjumethun

mdjumethun Peon

Best Answers:
    hi lemon ,

I want to your help. so please help me. its my email-
    methun.info@gmail.com
    so please PM me.
    Thanks.

mdjumethun, Aug 21, 2012 IP
  5. sirjorgeofculver

sirjorgeofculver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good stuff, i'm hoping it converts soon

sirjorgeofculver, Aug 22, 2012 IP
  6. ZilaHost

ZilaHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am continuing to see sales on Furor.co. Yesterday I sold a Ipod and got $7.00 Commission :).

Im really excited to see that I am getting 10-50 Google visitors a day (visitors coming in from Google).

Pretty exciting stuff. Cant wait to continue to add more products and ramp things up. I can wait to see the site traffic in one year.

SirJorge, what is your take on The Amazon Hotlists? Should I keep them as stickie posts on to top of the site or let them fall into the list and just let people occasionally discover them through Google?

ZilaHost, Aug 25, 2012 IP
  7. ZilaHost

ZilaHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    What can I do for you man?

ZilaHost, Aug 25, 2012 IP
  8. Aonaen

Aonaen Peon

Best Answers:
    (:confused:)!!!~?

Aonaen, Aug 25, 2012 IP
  9. sirjorgeofculver

Best Answers:
    Keep it, whatever is working for you, keep it going. I wish I could say I got conversions like that on my sites. I've gotten 10,000+ hits combined and tons of click throughs, but no purchases. Not sure what to do to monetize at this point.

sirjorgeofculver, Aug 26, 2012 IP
  10. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You may also want to checkout a modified version of Amazon Hotlists available on WF called Amazon Hot Drops that will automatically narrow down the browsenode based on keywords so you have ultra targeted products showing up. It's cheap, too. I love Amazon Hotlists and use it on several of my larger sites.

freelancewebaz, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  11. ZilaHost

ZilaHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks freelancewebaz, I can not find the widget anywhere. I found a site selling it for $9 but there is no demo or checkout page. Can you help me find it and provide a page showing it in use? Thank you.

ZilaHost, Aug 27, 2012 IP
  12. freelancewebaz

Best Answers:
    It's exactly the same as Amazon Hotlists but has automated the process of finding the appropriate browse nodes for a give keyword and also adds a few more lists that it's capable of pulling from. If you just want the additional lists to pull from I have a modded version of Hotlists already. I'll see if I can find it anywhere or contact the dude that commissioned it's creation.

13. freelancewebaz

Best Answers:
  14. ZilaHost

ZilaHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    screenshot.jpg Today I am adding additional functionality to the website that should increase commissions 20%-50%. The best part is you can do the same thing to your Amazon website easily and free.

Have you ever noticed a lot of foreign traffic coming to your website through Google, just to realize that you wont see commissions for any of it? As you know Amazon.com only pays for US traffic and sales. Well Amazon has different sites for several countries. Now you can download a free widget and upload it. It will then automatically change all foreign click throughs to the proper affiliate id. Once you install the widget you will only see it under settings on the wordpress control panel. You go to "Amazon IDs" under settings ad simply insert your affiliate ID for each country listed. The software does the rest of the work and auto changes all existing Amazon links on your site with that id needed, based of the region your traffic is visiting from.

AWESOME! Now I just need to quickly create Amazon Accounts for these other country's and Ill be set. You can get the widget free Download it here. The guys so nice to make it free. Once you make your first sales with it, you can consider donating the creator of the software.

-Al

Update I now have have Amazon Associate accoutns for all countries available accept Japan. I was auto-accepted since I am already a approved affiliate in the us. ;) This means you should have the same easy quick process. Cant wait to see additional sales coming through every day without doing any extra work.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    ZilaHost, Aug 28, 2012 IP
  15. sirjorgeofculver

Best Answers:
    I signed up for that one, i got most of the countries, but couldn't get 2 of them, oh well. Hopefully it works, I could use some conversions for the end of the month.

sirjorgeofculver, Aug 28, 2012 IP
  16. ZilaHost

ZilaHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    I failed to sign up with Japan & China as well. They wanted info I wasnt able to provide.

This will make checking earnings each morning about five times more exciting! Boy I cant wait.

ZilaHost, Aug 28, 2012 IP
  17. sirjorgeofculver

Best Answers:
    I just left them in their, if i make some i'll get a nice surprise check in the mail, otherwise, i figure it's just going to be in the back burner

sirjorgeofculver, Aug 29, 2012 IP
  18. ZilaHost

ZilaHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yesterday I got many click throughs for us, however no click throughs from Canada, UK and so on. However i noticed I had tons of UK & CA traffic on my stats. So this lead me to realize the plugin was not working. With some more investigating i found you need to also install this plugin to Wordpress for it to work: ip2nation. This one is also free and it determines which country your viewers are from enabling WP to change the affiliate link. :)

Im hoping this will be the last step I need to take to make this work.

ZilaHost, Aug 29, 2012 IP
  19. freelancewebaz

Best Answers:
    @LemonTide, any idea how many clickthroughs we lose each month by only having links for the US store on our sites?

freelancewebaz, Aug 29, 2012 IP
  20. ZilaHost

ZilaHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    24hr.jpg

Here is are preview I grabbed for traffic for the day. As you can see I lost over ten click throughs to just the UK and the day isnt over. I dont think I am getting this Amazon Link Localizer to work..

Still working on figuring it out fully. But when I come in from a CA proxy to test it shows the link as .com not .ca.

ZilaHost, Aug 29, 2012 IP