1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Amazon.com Merchant Platform

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Harold, Jul 10, 2004.

Hello, I was approached by Amazon to sell sports collectibles on their website. Anybody have any experience partnering with them?

Would there be any intangible benefits that would rub off on our site in the way of increased Google page rank by being associated on Amazon.com?

I was told they partner with Google and Yahoo to ensure their merchant partners appear near the top of serps.

Thanks

Harold, Jul 10, 2004 IP
  2. wolfpack

wolfpack Peon

Best Answers:
    At first we sold through zShops. We're a niche market as it is. We noticed a bump (not big, but noticable) in our hits. There were no direct links from A to our website, so people must have seen us on A and looked us up.

Incidentally, sales through zShops were abysmal. Now we're going throught Amazon Advantage, and hard to say whether we're getting a lot more hits on our site, but we're selling quite nicely through A. And our products rate near the top for our keywords on A's site, without even trying.

I'd say, since they approached you, that's a good sign. Go for it.

wolfpack, Jul 10, 2004 IP
  3. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only way for Amazon to affect your Google SERPS is for them to link to your page. Google does not let its "Relationships" change its search results.

Help Desk, Jul 12, 2004 IP