1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The 2012 US Presidential Election - Who will run, Who will win???

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Corwin, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Michele Bachmann --

[video=youtube;hZxQZMSl-o0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZxQZMSl-o0[/video]

Rebecca, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps I'm a lunatic, but I didn't see too much that was objectionable in that video. She lost me the minute I found out she was capitalizing on government subsidies while claiming to be "Tea Party". We already have one hypocrite in the office. I think I was tainted from that point on, but then I started watching her on interviews, like the one where Chris Wallace asked her if she was a "flake". In her interviews, whether they be by right or left, she does not answer questions. She responds to every question with her list of talking points. It drives me insane. It represents the worst of what I see in politicians. Newt Gingrich may have been caught politicking and reversing his views on a whim, but at least he answers questions directly with clarity and eloquence.

Obamanation, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  3. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    O, I agree with everything you wrote. I think Palin and Bachman are phonies trotted out by Fox News to hijack the Tea Party vote. There is nothing independent about them, they are just Republican Robots. And Bachman seems to be just as gutless as Obama.

I'm beginning to think that Ron Paul is the real deal. I think both parties don't like him because when he says he wants to stop Wall Street from running Washington, he really means it. I think his showing in Iowa has all of Washington scared shitless because both parties have tried very hard to paint him as an unusual outsider.

I forget the exact quote, but it's along the lines of, in an unusual situation, people make unusual choices. Ron Paul is looking better every day because his consistent honesty is unusual.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
    Corwin, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  4. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you serious? You hadn't heard of Ron Paul? That man is hard to miss, specially on internet..

In a nutshell, Ron Paul sells and counts on panic within the population.

Girls go crazy for him though -

tits4ronpaul.jpg

in contrast, these are Obama boobies -

boobs.jpg

Disclaimer: No racial or sexist undertone here.

The Webby, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  5. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This video discusses RP. The problem I had with this is the interviewee states he doesn't vote. I believe if you're not going to take part in the vote then you have no right to complain what happens to you when the worst party gets in.

[video=youtube;T15dvpnwPJo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T15dvpnwPJo[/video]

There's things they discuss that both turns me on to, and off of RP. I liked the title of the piece.

Bushranger, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  6. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Let's see
    * She is a homophobic
    * Never went to school (Assuming based on "CO2 is a harmless Gas, and 3% of the total atmospheric composition")
    * Doesn't know that brain is a part of human anatomy so someone with brain damage isn't healthy.
    * Dunno what was she implying with Anti America, Gangster Govt. etc. She had me lost there (probably calling for witch hunt?)..
    * She is clueless
    * And she's a representative and a presidential candidate

Jeez, and I thought only we [Indians] elect morons as our leaders..

Thinking about it, I guess a moron with not enough brain cells to rub together is an ideal choice as far as political strategists and king makers go..

The Webby, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  7. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    And Barack wants to punish his enemies, who make up 60% of Americans, to cater to his constituency. Homophobia seems like a small issue by comparison, but I agree, it is as much of a disqualifier if not more.

She actually has a graduate degree. She also passed the Bar. If you are breathing right now, you are inhaling CO2 gas harmlessly. (I hope you are breathing)

You'll get a kick out of this:
    [video=youtube;zNZczIgVXjg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZczIgVXjg[/video]

No, we have lots and lots and lots of stupid people running the show, which sadly puts Bachman in the 85% category. It is simply more OK to call her stupid because she is a woman in the Republican party.

Obamanation, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  8. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    No idea what you are talking about, some leads would be helpful..
    Also, by any comparison, homophobia is not at all a small issue.

A degree != intelligence.
    What happens when you start inhaling air with 15% CO2 concentration?
    Even potassium cyanide may seem harmless if you take a dose as little as 2mg.

Seen that video before, lol
    He is definitely not in his senses, medicine effect probably (If he is not pissed drunk)

No it is okay to call her stupid because she is stupid, mate. I don't care if she is republican or democrat. My post wouldn't have changed if she was a dem.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  9. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    [video=youtube;hnnwJ1rgCnM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnnwJ1rgCnM[/video]

To be fair, homophobic isn't the applicable word. She views homosexuality as a sin, as do most of the other 70% of Americans who are Christians. If it were truly homophobia, then the need to punish those enemies would constitute the desire to punish whatever % of the American population is gay, vs the majority of Americans who self identify as center right. Either both are legitimate talking points, or neither are.

Couldn't agree more, though here in America, most leftists will take the two to be synonymous.

We commonly infuse our food products with CO2. The FDA would never permit food with even a 1mg dose of potassium cyanide to hit the shelves. Your argument could be used equally well for alcohol or twinkies, which can kill in large quantities. We even call it alcohol poisoning, though we don't consider alcohol to be poisonous.

So he spews blatant insanity and we call him drunk(do you have evidence), but Bachman is stupid. Gotcha.

BTW, they came at Palin with the same nonsense. Palin strikes me as more intelligent, though less educated than Bachman. Either one of them has more common sense than Nancy Pelosi, though Bachman ties Pelosi on the "self promoting opportunist" score card.

People have really got to move past the name calling and start dealing with the issues.

10. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Who are the enemies? People who hate Latinos or dislike Latinos?
    Well to be frank mate, I'm not an Obama fan, I've never been. (I'm not even a democrat supporter). Obama is a failure and potentially dangerous as far as economy is concerned.

In all fairness, homophobic is indeed applicable here. She definitely has prejudice and antipathy against homosexuals. And that's what homophobia is, by definition.
    In my opinion, neither are valid talking points, if Obama was talking about punishing people who don't like illegal aliens, and was referring to them as enemies .

Jeez mate, arguing just for the heck of it?
    I simply asked you, what happens when you start inhaling air with 15% CO2 concentration?

My argument? No, it's your argument. Your argument is - "Co2 is not harmful, because we inhale it everyday". Ignoring the fact that atmospheric concentration of CO2 is 0.03-0.04% only.
    Mine is a counter argument. So do you honestly believe that not being dangerous in small quantity is same as not being harmful at all??

How about this for study?
    http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/idlh/124389.html

Twisting the context now, are we?
    Let's see what I wrote:
    He is definitely not in his senses, medicine effect probably (If he is not pissed drunk)

The only thing that I was certain of that, he was not in his senses. You want me to prove that he was talking nonsense, do you want evidence for that?
    Rest are 'probably' and 'if'. If I had evidence that he was drunk, I would have written so.

I have no comments on Palin.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  11. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Rick Perry --

[video=youtube;vfB4sqSRsPw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfB4sqSRsPw[/video]

Here are a few additional quotes by him:

In response to the BP oil spill:

“From time to time there are going to be things that occur that are acts of God that cannot be prevented,” Perry said.

Texas is a national example of how to best prepare our children for higher education and the workplace… I am a firm believer in intelligent design as a matter of faith and intellect, and I believe it should be presented in schools alongside the theories of evolution. -- 2010 THE VOTE: K-12 Education article. 9/11/2010

Rebecca, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  12. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Corwin, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  13. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

U.S. Census Bureau: Iowa, 2010 Census of Population - Population 2010: 3,046,355

.05% of Iowans voted in the straw poll and those voting were partly selected by the various campaigns in support a particular candidate.

The outcome is interesting as just what it might actually mean being an exercise in futility but also for the total attendance that was below average as a good sign for the Democrats.

Breeze Wood, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  14. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
  15. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    An excerpt from Rick Perry's "The Response" day of prayer:

[video=youtube;b1NlnmJXqbA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1NlnmJXqbA[/video]

Rebecca, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  16. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I guess the legitimacy of each as a talking point lies in the answer to the following two questions:
    1) Do you believe Michelle Bachman would use her position in office to abuse a minority(gays), based on her religious belief that homosexuality is a sin.
    2) Do you believe Barack OBama would use his position in office to "punish" his enemies, as defined by those who have different ideological beliefs than him.

An answer in the affirmative to either question makes it a legitimate talking point. On point number 2, I've never seen the DOJ used like they have been under this administration. Operation 'Fast and Furious', the S&P investigation, the refusal to prosecute clear cases of voter intimidation. We look like a banana republic. If you consider the repeal of DADT to be abuse of the gays, then point number 1 is legit as well, though Bachman is far from alone on that particular position.

My handlers require it or I don't get paid.

I'm aware of CO2 poisoning, but I think you missed my point. The original issue being addressed by Bachman was anthropological global warming, which is far from settled science. I believe she was making an idiotic and fallacious argument that, because CO2 is harmless(we breath it every day), antrhopological global warming does not exist. The partisans(not you, the makers of the video) then pile on claiming she is stupid because CO2 becomes toxic in high concentrations, which is another argument with a faulty logical foundation. Granted, she has made other claims that were legitimately and scientifically bogus, which weren't in that particular video. To make matters worse, she refuses to recant blatant misstatements(which we all make now and again).

No, I saw your qualifiers. The fact is, even in this post, you followed it up with this:

How can you be certain of that? When Bachman says CO2 is a harmless gas, we call her stupid. When Hilary Clinton claims there was sniper fire over their heads when she landed in Bosnia, we call her a politician. When a congressman expresses concern about an island tipping over based on weight, we say he was "not in his senses". I guess stupidity is often referred to as a lack of "sense". If the man is constantly in that state, wouldn't it just be easier to call him stupid?

17. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

More on Perry, it is becoming abundantly clear - Perry is a candidate that might be more suited for a Train Ride than a Smooth Landing for the amount of luggage he has onboard.

Breeze Wood, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  18. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can someone please translate this? I have no idea what Breeze is ranting about.

Corwin, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  19. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused here.. Talking point for Obama and Bachman or against the statements made by them?

1) Do I believe Michelle Bachman would use her position in office to abuse a minority(gays), based on her religious belief that homosexuality is a sin?
    Yes I do. I wouldn't say that she will go as far as hunting them down, but definitely use her position to spread hatred and propaganda against homosexuality.

2) Do I believe Barack OBama would use his position in office to "punish" his enemies, as defined by those who have different ideological beliefs than him.
    Yes I do, he does that.

Nothing to argue here..

How can I be certain of what? That he was talking nonsense? I didn't call him outright idiot because of this -

[video=youtube;hV-DzuCPmXU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-DzuCPmXU&feature=related[/video]

I'm skeptical that he was joking though. I think when he came back into his sense, he realized with that statement he sounded like a retard.
    So he claimed he was making a point using a hilarious metaphor.

I could be wrong though...

20. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The more you find out about Perry the more luggage you uncover. He will create a train wreck rather than good times if given command. Is that close enough Breeze Wood?

Bushranger, Aug 18, 2011 IP