1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The 2012 US Presidential Election - Who will run, Who will win???

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Corwin, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    What do I think? I think it should be illegal to unionize period. I think every union in this country should be abolished, starting with the government labor unions. I live in Wisconsin. Take a long hard look at what our Governor is doing for us right now as it concerns collective bargaining, which I like to call legalized extortion.

It seems to me that someone finally laying down an iron fist and firing people like Reagan did during the Air Traffic Controllers strike back in the 80's is just the kick in the pants the system needs to get us back on track. You can compromise in some areas, but when it comes to core principles and getting things done, its gonna take someone that does not take an flack and governs with a sense of urgency and makes the hard decisions without bending.

Mia, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When it comes to politicians, those qualities are extremely rare. By definition, a politician is a panderer, regardless of what side of the isle they come from. It is why I make the argument specifically to government unions who donate large sums of money to their campaigns. It is a special interest group that makes financial contributions to campaigns in exchange for direct financial contributions from the taxpayer coffers to their own. The very definition of corruption. It would never make sense for a private sector CEO to take bribes from his employees to give them raises at the expense of the shareholders. It is already illegal for private contractors to make donations to politicians based on quid pro quo, but with unions, the quid pro quo is explicit in the nature of the ongoing employee/employer relationship. As we've seen, politicians feel no personal pain at giving those unions more dough.

I can't go that far. Unions exist for a reason, and at the time, it was a very good reason. I can see where making them illegal would quickly make those reasons valid once again. I say let the eternal battle between labor and employer rage on, and let the companies who die from promising unrealistic pensions(GM?) fail. Hell, they should do away with the pension thing all together IMO. I'll gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today is hardly the type of promise I want to base my golden years on.

Obamanation, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Labor unions today are nothing more than legalized organized crime outfits. Mafia, Cosa Nostra, Gangs, and Thugs.

The unions themselves should be eliminated, period. It the only way to truly start over again.

We've gone from Triangle Shirt Factory fire and the inception of organized labor to insure workers have safe and favorable working conditions to a group of thugs who thwart progress, stifle productivity and raise prices to consumers so that their workers may receive the very golden parachute that they bitched about Wall Street CEO's getting.

I've seen the wrath of organized labor, and its violent, deadly and just downright ugly. Unions control the voting public and are party to the dependency, entitlement and complacency that is bringing down this country and others like it.

When will people understand that you cannot pay people to work for 30-40 years after they retire. No one is entitled to that on the foot heals of the American Taxpayer. NO ONE!

We have a system of government that can place rules into affect regarding labor without the need for some asshole local boss with a 6 figure salary and a huge palace of an office "bargaining" for more benefits.

Scott Walker is taking on these thugs and putting an end to unions in our State. Look for other states and the country to follow soon!

Mia, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  4. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, I have the body of an 18-year old and the brains of a German Shepard. [They're both in the trunk of my car]

Don't think we haven't noticed you haven't the balls to make a prediction, Breeze. Proves your total lack of insight, doesn't it? Much like a neutered dog, you DON'T get it, Breeze!

I never speculated that Romney was the Republicans strongest candidate (because he is not). But of course, breeze knew that when he lied about it.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
    Corwin, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  5. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh sure, make me into the leftist :D. You make good points about the connections between unions and organized crime. I would make the counter point that ethics and big business are not synonymous. There are more than a few dead folk to attest to that fact.

Union labor in the private sector is rapidly shrinking due to market forces, which I think is great, but I still believe the ability to organize helps strike a needed balance.

Obamanation, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I guess I should have been more clear in my abolish unions statement. I am suggesting abolishing unions as they pertain to "state" jobs. I other words, make it illegal for government workers to unionize. The private sector can take care of the the unions in their own way. ;)

Mia, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  7. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

You found a need to edit your post.

Just what do I not get Corwin?

Breeze Wood, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Exactly... Hint, I think you just made his point! ;)

Mia, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  9. Oceanus

Oceanus Member

Best Answers:
    Donald Trump? I'll believe it when I see it.

Oceanus, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  10. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    Hint, he has no point to make.

The least they can do is post the original quote.

11. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    And you've made it again. ;)

Mia, Feb 15, 2011 IP
  12. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

An early indication of voter sentiment with implications for the 2012 Presidential elections.

13. billion

billion G.E.M.

Best Answers:
    Yep, I've seen it and signed it.

billion, Feb 16, 2011 IP
  14. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is just TOOO funny!

Corwin, Feb 18, 2011 IP
  15. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Seriously? Chicago politics is your barometer for nationwide sentiment?
    Chicago is owned lock, stock, and barrel by the Daley machine, has been for decades. Rahm is Richard Daley's chosen successor. Opposing him there is like telling Don Corleone that Michael sucks and he needs to rethink his position on a new Godfather.

The only possible national implication of the mayoral race in Chicago is that if Daley's hand-picked successor is even *close* to a runoff in the strongest Democratic stronghold on the planet, it doesn't bode well for the DNC.

If you aren't aware of that... are you still gonna tell us you live in the US?

robjones, Feb 18, 2011 IP
  16. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Breeze has lost it. Chicago is the Home of Democrat Corruption. Someone said last night on the news that over the past few years Chicago added 200,000 people to the population but somehow added one million people to the voter rolls.

Corwin, Feb 18, 2011 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    When you vote down there (down for me) you get as many voter slips as you require, (limit 5). They're trying to get away from that "where the dead vote" stereotype. Live people are doing it, they're just voting more than once.

Mia, Feb 18, 2011 IP
  18. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    Rahm Emanuel represents the present Administration and has national implications whether in victory or defeat.

The election is February 22, Tuesday - It will be interesting how the Republican fairs if there is one or the TP candidate....

Breeze Wood, Feb 18, 2011 IP
  19. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I realize whatever country you're really in probably doesn't have American civ classes, but you might at least check google and read a little about Chicagos political machine. Being able to shoot fish in a barrel isn't exactly a challenge.

Attached Files:

robjones, Feb 18, 2011 IP
  20. devTastic

devTastic Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you know that the supposed 'deficit problem' that your governor is citing in order to attack the unions did not exist until he got into office and enacted his own agenda? Feel free to do a search on this and you will find some information.

devTastic, Feb 18, 2011 IP