1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The 2012 US Presidential Election - Who will run, Who will win???

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Corwin, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but look at the P.R. opportunities for the Democrats. Remember the unfair question McCain was asked, "How many houses do you have"? Romney is saying dumb, stupid things that David Axelrod will use to paint him as an out-of-touch elitist. Remember, the sheeple forget facts and only remember short little sound bites.

The Democrats have attacked Hermann, Newt, and everyone else. They left Romney alone because he is the one Axelrod wants to run against. It's the nature of the game.

Looks like someone is here only to get their post count up. Hello, Moderators???

Corwin, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anything that comes out of any Republican's mouth, and for that matter, anything said by a leftist which does not support the effort to reelect Barack Obama will be disparaged as stupid, or dumb, or racist. Have a look at what they've said about Juan Williams, or Rev. C.L. Bryant, or Hillary Clinton in 2008. The new Democratic party has absolutely no scrupples about eating their young.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most people will find it hard to hear the hate coming from the Democratic propaganda machine over the grumbling in their bellies.

For the record, McCain didn't lose in 2008 because of the Democratic spin machine. He lost because:
    • Bush's popularity was so low, it would have been nearly impossible for any Republcan candidate to win
    • McCain was the definition of a career politician when people were already fed up with Washington
    • McCain was a big government, big spending Republican,
    • McCain's daughter is a loud mouthed leftist who most people think shares her father's views
    • McCain's choice of Palin reeked of political gimickery
    • McCain often comes across as incompetent and unintelligent

Democrats always acuse the Tea Party of being a response to Barack Obama, but the truth is, the Tea Party is a response to George Bush and John McCain.

Obamanation, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  3. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:
    Rob, off topic but too interesting to pass up. How did you get a screen shot that also has a red box around the text? What did you use for that. That would come in quite handy for actually proving someone said something they said they didn't. Lol

sunfyre7896, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  4. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    NP - Took the screenshot with a free utility for Google Chrome called "Awesome Screenshot". Use it a lot for training purposes because it allows me to markup and annotate screens to explain how something works. Has options for taking entire page vs visible screen vs selected portion. Pretty convenient little tool.

robjones, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  5. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tool Rob. Thanks. I installed the app, although I'm having a problem capturing anything to edit or save it. Possibly it's because I use Rockmelt, which is a chrome based browser. It could be that it's just not translating between the two even though the platform is the same basically. I've emailed them for recommendations. Can't wait to use it once it works for me.

sunfyre7896, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  6. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are using Windows, you can take a screenshot by pressing "Prnt Scrn". Paste it into your favorite image viewer - I use IrfanView.

Corwin, Mar 30, 2012 IP
  7. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Obama and Axelrod are going to go after Romney for saying dumb, stupid things and being an elitist...

Um, someone is confused eh ?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
    grpaul, Apr 2, 2012 IP
  8. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Yeah, seems a bit of pot meet kettle to me.

Mia, Apr 2, 2012 IP
  9. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here in Massachusetts, another Axelrod candidate, Deval Patrick, had his popularity polling in the single digits a year before his successful re-election. Appeal to the lowest-common denominator.

Corwin, Apr 2, 2012 IP
  10. Install

Install Member

Best Answers:
    I hope Democrats will win.

Install, Apr 5, 2012 IP
  11. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Obama came out in favor of Same Sex Marriage today.

Should be interesting. On the one hand, there is a lot of "gay millionaire donors" as CNN calls them, and this could mean more money for Obama.

OTOH, Blacks, Hispanics, and people without a college education are firmly AGAINST same-sex marriage.

In an election this close, this could be Obama's first serious mistake.

Corwin, May 10, 2012 IP
  12. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He takes the vote from blacks as a given, and as he has an 80 percent approval rating from that demographic last I heard despite the weak economy, maybe he's right. I'd have thought that approval rating should dip under the economic circumstances, but there's ample evidence many voted last time based on their favorite color.

As for the predominantly Catholic Hispanic population, if he didn't lose them by going after the Catholic church on healthcare, he won't lose them by flip-flopping on gay marriage to pander to the base on the left.

Kinda sad that he can rely on such a cynical ploy, but it's a calculated risk and the calculation may be accurate.

robjones, May 10, 2012 IP
  13. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    That is exactly what I saw too. Biden's gaffe was real enough, but I suspect the president sat down afterwards, made the political calculations, did the electoral math, and placed his bet.

Black vote, got it
    Hispanic vote, gonna hammer the immigration issue and keep it.

Not sure if anyone was paying attention to the Wisconsin primary for the recall election yesterday, but the liberal Daily Beast made some very interesting observations.

Obama is busily slicing and dicing the nation into demographic groups on fringe issues. Government mandated birth control in health care policies from religious institutions(AKA the "war on women"), forcing states to pay for schooling and medical care for illegal immigrants while refusing to defend the borders (AKA oppression of Latinos and discrimination against hispanics), the redefinition of marriage at the federal level (Aka Republicans desire to crush the civil rights of homosexuals). My guess is, true swing voting independents are quickly disappearing, leaving the election results up to enthusiasm among those who have made up their minds.

In that spirit, one has only to look at Lugar, Hatch, and Wisconsin to know that the Tea Party has moved from a highly energized and angry group marching in the streets to a highly energized and politically active force to be reckoned with. The base is CHARGED. In the same breath, the president's gymnastics and evolving political positions stand a very good chance of depressing voter turnout among Latinos and Blacks who support him. Very possibly in 2012, Enthusiasm > Demographic division.

Obamanation, May 10, 2012 IP
  14. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Opposing same sex marriage .....

just like Ni**ers, Hispanics, Women don't have rights like White people.

popotalk, May 10, 2012 IP
  15. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unemployed blacks may feel differently.

Only Fox News promoted the impression that Obama was going after the Catholic church on healthcare. I don't think it really had any impact, although it didn't help Obama at all.

Blacks and Hispanics both have a different brand of "macho" in their culture. Obama's stance pokes at that macho.

Corwin, May 10, 2012 IP
  16. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    According to that logic, white women aren't white people?

Obamanation, May 10, 2012 IP
  17. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    According to that logic Obama wins the election. ;);)

popotalk, May 10, 2012 IP
  18. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    "I support Gay marriage" while the country is in ruin...

According to that logic Obama loses the election. ;)

Mia, May 10, 2012 IP
  19. sunfyre7896

sunfyre7896 Peon

Best Answers:
    He's just coming out supporting a standard Democratic tenet. I'm surprised he didn't do this before to try to get the younger vote who are much more in support of gay marriage. This doesn't surprise me at all. He'll still get the minority vote due to him being the first 'not all white' president. Notice I didn't say black.

sunfyre7896, May 10, 2012 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    He's not supporting anything. He's saying it to appease, but he's not making it a mandate. It's his "personal feeling", but he's doing nothing to act on it. It's meant to placate.

And, more importantly it's meant to distract people from the real issue facing this country.

Mia, May 10, 2012 IP