1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The $15,000 Challenge!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Dan, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:

I have no stake in this... Just defending my thread & stating my opinion!

Dan, Sep 5, 2006 IP
  2. runnerunner

runnerunner Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good thread dan,
    As of yet I don't see anything sketchy about the 15k challenge. You can say oh he'll sell our emails, oh he'll try to sell the site, oh it's a marketing ploy. Perhaps, but he hasn't done any of this yet, or hinted that he's going to. Everything Dan Raine has said so far seems legitimate and honest to me.

And sure he could make up that he succeeded and made 15k in a month, based on his blog entries it's seems sort of doubtful that he will, $1,000/day seems hard to me, but maybe. But he's revealing all his tactics, no secrets, so if he tried to pull a stunt like that, I think we'd all know it wasn't true.

The fact that he's being so open about the whole process makes me think that this is a legitimate attempt and he's not going to pull any sort of funny business. However I'll reserve my judgment until the end, as of now he's lived up to his word. I wouldn't say anything he has said so far has been a real eye opener, but he's just getting started. Hopefully I can learn something from this experiment, at the very least it will be entertaining to follow.

So let's all reserve our judgement until there's actually something to judge. He hasn't made any ludicrous claims or tried to screw anyone in any way so far.

cheerio and good luck with your challenge dan,
    brandon

runnerunner, Sep 5, 2006 IP
    Dan likes this.
  3. olegca

olegca Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all . I'm new to this forum but here is mine opinion. It is very hard to get emails from people who are internet marketers themself. When i first went to page about 15k challenge that asked me about email, I simply closed it.
    Same day there was direct link on the forum to 15kchallenge blog. So those of you who entered your email, and I'm sure there was not that many because of audience( we are not into arts&crafts here, right?) should not cry also, because 99% of you entered email address you use for such things ,which is full of spam anyway. Well that 1% who actually put their main email deserves all the spam in the world, because that page looked like thousands other email harvesting one page informational sites .(Have to say Dan did bad job on this one, should be more creative especially with webmaster public, anything would be better than that page which was a big turn of)

And I think yes, some money can be made on crafters because they not that familiar with free informational products, fake myspace friends,spam lists and so on like you are, which makes them perfect public. The question is how many of them are there, are they active internet users(they may not login to myspace/forum during 2 weeks he will be selling), are they interested in that product, also i think that some of them may be afraid to put their CC info to buy something.

So with all that said just enjoy and watch , no risk , no obligation, you are not target here...
    At least not yet.

olegca, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  4. Obelia

Obelia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you count Myspace, by breaking their terms of service. But that's not a crime as far as I know, more of a sport.

Obelia, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  5. TigerGreen

TigerGreen Peon

Best Answers:
    did you know there are only three real people that use myspace? The rest are fake id's looking for an audience. Don't feel bad, those three people chat together all the time so they have a great community. :)

TigerGreen, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  6. cleaning72

cleaning72 Peon

Best Answers:
    i will keeping watching.

cleaning72, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  7. playkid

playkid Peon

Best Answers:
    I bookmarked it, i would definitely watch it

playkid, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  8. swollenpickles

swollenpickles Active Member

Best Answers:
    im interested in seeing how the whole thing pans out, scam or not.

swollenpickles, Sep 6, 2006 IP
  9. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well I give my email, and I guess not that big deal atleast in return I may watch how he will make 15K and may duplicate it later if he really can do it.

PinoyIto, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  10. digiblurb

digiblurb Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a feeling this is going to turn into a circus, i got im'ed with this today http://www.30kchallenge.com looks like he's got some competition going to show him up haha :D

digiblurb, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  11. bizhobby

bizhobby Peon

Best Answers:
    that 30k challenge doesn't sound so promising...

bizhobby, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  12. tlainevool

tlainevool Guest

Best Answers:
    These guys can't be serious Internet Marketers can they - they don't even ask for your email address ;)

tlainevool, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  13. digiblurb

digiblurb Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, they probably just don't know how to hook up an email form

digiblurb, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  14. dastuff

dastuff Peon

Best Answers:
    dastuff, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  15. PinoyIto

PinoyIto Notable Member

Best Answers:
    PinoyIto, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  16. runnerunner

runnerunner Active Member

Best Answers:
    I posted this in my blog, just a few thoughts about the 30k challenge:

1) isn't it weird that both on this thread and the one at sitepoint: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418645 the 30k challenge is brought up by users who use their first post on both forums to mention the 30k challenge

2) isn't the above point funny considering this quote from dan raine's 15kchallenge blog:
    3) if 3 guys from the 30k challenge are twice as good as the other guy, does that mean each on their own is only 2/3 as good as the other guy?

4) from the 30k blog:
    two points here. Isn't it in bad taste to insult the guy you got your idea from? And does the second sentence mean that everyone who's posted on this thread is an internet donkey? And if so isn't it in bad taste to insult the people you're trying to get to read your blog?

5) Who would win in a fight, an internet donkey or a real life donkey?

6) Do internet donkeys have special powers? If so, do these special powers involve the indestructable metal, adementium.

7) Who would win in a fight, an internet donkey or wolverine?

Thoughts?

runnerunner, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  17. timjcarter

timjcarter Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi plan will definately work.
    MySpace marketing is lucrative when you use it correctly.

I hope he comes back and starts posting soon.

timjcarter, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  18. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a 99.99 percent chance he will 'succeeed' if even if that means fudging the numbers (any internet stat can be photoshop altered), whihc dimminishes the integrity of the challenge. That is because there is too much at stake to NOT succeed. Should he 'succeed' he can sell how-to guides on myspace marketing for $97-147 and make $15,000.

IamNed, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  19. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Finding that hard to believe...

IamNed, Sep 8, 2006 IP
  20. Dan

Dan Active Member

Best Answers:

Believe what you like...

Dan, Sep 8, 2006 IP
Thread Status: