1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thats how i am making $2000 by blogging

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by buzzerhutdotcom, Aug 16, 2007.

1. androomidaa

androomidaa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very very good to the point tips. appreciated indeed. u just have supported him and well to be honest, i think you made me believe that i can even do that! specially
    made me believe in you and in him.

what if i dont maintain a niche? im not limited to a few subjects, im a guy who loves to know about many different stuffs and who has interests on different things. from business to formula one, from human brains, genetics to space science! hard to find a perfect niche for me! should i start blogging about genetics? or space? business? or should i blog about things that i like?

i was wondering whether you could enlighten me a bit more about COMMENTARY BLOGS?

thanks again

androomidaa, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  2. cjmcfarlane

cjmcfarlane Peon

Best Answers:
    As today is actually my first time blogging ever, I'm really nowhere close to the earnings of any of you guys here. Though all the tips you guys have been giving will be very very helpful to me, and for that I thank you all.

cjmcfarlane, Aug 18, 2007 IP
  3. Blogspotter

Blogspotter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Look I also know about a LOT of stuff.. But.. lemme tell you something, write about a LOT of stuff and Google gets confused and you won't rank for any particular targetted keywords. I started Blogging in 2003, and The first blogs were general interest blogs. I never knew about Google Optimization for about 2 years, I mean that someone would actually optimize a site for Google.

Since I have the basic Technical Aptitude and Marketing ( I am into enterprise IT sales), i knew optimization then but my optimization was negative.

You won't believe me, but I hated Google Traffic. All I cared was direct Type-ins and Blogger referrals. I wanted Links only for targetted Referral Traffic, and I kept at increasing direct type-ins. so i use to write with negative keywords eg.. the keywords that brought the most traffic, i used to embed numbers like "keyw0rd". My Goal was to reduce Search referral, and increase Bookmarks and Blogrolls :). And I hated Niches since it brought in lots of Google traffic. I was also against monetisation :) I was those NO-Ads bloggers..

It was then. I don't remember when I changed.

I used to write from what I ate for dinner to Politics, to Technology to Economics to Social Issue to health to gadgets.

But if you really want Ad Clicks / and Google Traffic, write on niches.

If you are knowledgeable about lots of Topic, write different Blogs. Have different Link Campaigns. Your content should be highly Targetted, both in traffic as well as keywords. Your ads will be better targetted, and so will your optimization.

I advise against it, but if u want to save on money, you can have sub domains niche1.yourblog.com, niche2.yourblog.com etc etc.. but again buy different domains If you are planning to make serious money.

Don't write on a single Blog. You are not the BBC.

What I am suggesting is that, you are going to post on different niches anyway.. Write them on different blogs.

Commentary blogs are where you just spin news articles with a link back to the source.. :) That way you never run out of ideas for content.

Write some well researched content every now and then, as DIGG baiting

Blogspotter, Aug 19, 2007 IP
    androomidaa likes this.
  4. androomidaa

androomidaa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow cool. i now have got the point.
    im going to buy domains but i was confused about how should i start. you have given me a good juice. i have read and studied the ebook 'earn money blogging by john chow' and found its a good ebook for starters. do you think im late to start blogging?

anyways thanks for such an awesome detailed reply. u just have answered several questions in one post...
    much appreciated. keep them comming...btw i have added a green

androomidaa, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  5. Blogspotter

Best Answers:
    i am glad that you found my advise useful..

It is never never too late to start something.

In fact, I am also starting a new blog. :)
    New Niche..

6. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Blogspotter don't forget me when you're the first gazillionaire.

Now for eveyone who "thinks" that the OPs $2,000.00 per month is low.

Did you stop and think????

Where he lives... people may only make $20.00 per month?????

;)

Sem-Advance, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  7. buzzerhutdotcom

buzzerhutdotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    let me correct ..its not $2000 its $2000 everymonth .. there is huge difference exists ... for example i was on vacation last month ..did not even touch my pc ..still i got $1700 ...? why ... thats the difference between day to day job and affiliate marketing , you get money even if you dont work ..

second thing .. i have found the way to earn .. if i made $2000 i bet i will be able to double my earning Quarter to Quarter basis .

buzzerhutdotcom, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  8. Blogspotter

Best Answers:
    Never.. BTW, i fall in love with your No PPC.. Check sig :)

9. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    100 articles each day! I don't believe it unless you employ at least several writers. 100 articles a day by yourself will take you pretty much day and night and those are unlikely to be quality articles, not to mention you would likely be exhusted after a few days, at which point you would likely give up.

qwestcommunications, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  10. Diep Tran

Diep Tran Peon

Best Answers:
    The key thing with blogs is that you have to post frequently.

But do you have to post 10 articles a day? Could it be less like 2 articles?

Cheers
    Diep

Diep Tran, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  11. jon2k6

jon2k6 Guest

Best Answers:
    Exactly, also in terms of where the Internet is going, constantly demanding better quality. Quality is the way to go. It's much better in my opinion, and I'd rather have one QUALITY, high earning site than 100 low earning shambles sites / blogs.

jon2k6, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  12. Blogspotter

Best Answers:
    The secret is consistency.

You don't need to post everyday, but if you do posts even once in a couple of days, do it consistently.

if you can post quality content every day, then there is nothing like that...

13. jon2k6

jon2k6 Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeh. There is no secret, it's just blatently obvious. Would you visit a site with shit content... then why would someone else, simple as that.

Only consistancy matters with a blog though. But you can also own a high quality resource site, service site, community... people are too obsessed with blogs.

jon2k6, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  14. Blogspotter

Best Answers:
    Shit content works well if you are great with SEO..

Instead of reading the content, visitor click the Ads :)

But then, nothing works like GREAT content...
    And shit content should work for FAD type sites where u make hay while the sun shines like those paris-hilton-videos4u.info

15. Diep Tran

Diep Tran Peon

Best Answers:
    I do it daily or twice daily, and get quite good results.

Cheers
    Diep

16. buzzerhutdotcom

buzzerhutdotcom Peon

Best Answers:
    ok two questions arised on this page ...
    1. yes i write 100 articles a day . now i cant say if they are quality contents or not .. some articles are of few pages some are of just few lines .. i cant comment on quality .. its obvious quality of contents / seo/keyword etc will not be upto standards ....but only thing i care if they are informative ... you can say i give informative contents not quality contents ..also source is news/current events etc ..so they get searched by lot of peoples. Also i dont miss a chance to collect email of my visitor and also due to single niche blog peoples often revisit to read it again and again
    2.its not standard you have to post 100 articles a day you can do like 10 articles a day or even two articles a day ..most important thing is consistency .

buzzerhutdotcom, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  17. Diep Tran

Diep Tran Peon

Best Answers:
    I could agree, consistency is important, informative content is for the visitors, and quality is for the SEs.

Cheers
    Diep

18. athar

athar Active Member

Best Answers:
    thats really cool.

i recently started a blog and now by knowing this i would like to start few more.

athar, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  19. jon2k6

jon2k6 Guest

Best Answers:
    Very true, you can maniuplate engines very easily with basic SEO, no sneaky stuff just solid SEO and alot of forced marketing via naturally viral sites like YouTube, then get clicks from the fact the content is trash lol.

But Google are stepping it up slowly and more n more trash sites will get weeded out that's why it's smart to start building quality now. Because trash won't last.

jon2k6, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  20. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not bad...if you can double your revenues quarter to quarter that would be phenomenal! Make sure you document it though...We can all make claims ...

I spent 10 hours last week marketing my services to 10 different people.

I signed three people on as new clients for a total of $5,000.00

And that's the difference between affiliate marketing & search marketing ;)

@Blogspotter

Thanks for the compliment - If I cannot write copy...I shouldn't be in marketing :D

Sem-Advance, Aug 19, 2007 IP