1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thanks Google for stealing my interest!

Discussion in 'Payments' started by MichaelD, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

Exactly what I was thinking.

If he's really this angry about this then he's in for a long, miserable life. :p

Crazy_Rob, Nov 14, 2005 IP
  2. voldtaengler

voldtaengler Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL I signed up to this forum JUST to reply to this post! Ok..first off..

the "LIVE" project your talking about.. thats for Xbox live.. they just updated it for the release of xbox 360. It's not a secret. I got messages on my live account saying they were doing so!

And the "xbox securing the OS market" thing... um.. you do know xbox is NOT a OS? It's a video game console! Granted the xbox 360 will let you have media on it (mp3's videos, pictures) but it cant "surf" the web! It's still a video game console. The new OS from them comming out is Windows Vista and if you knew anything about Microsoft you'd already have known that ;)

voldtaengler, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  3. nickr

nickr Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think that's what he meant. He was listing things Microsoft are doing, the new xbox being the first and the new OS being the next.

nickr, Nov 16, 2005 IP
  4. voldtaengler

voldtaengler Peon

Best Answers:
    aha! makes more sense now.. i knew people cant be THAT under a rock.

voldtaengler, Nov 16, 2005 IP
  5. MichaelD

MichaelD Guest

Best Answers:
    Obviously you and Crazy Rob are totally clueless what the importance for Google is to keep the money they owe their publishers as long as possible in their own pocket. Now who has to learn a lot about doing business... :rolleyes:

MichaelD, Dec 4, 2005 IP
  6. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    I don't know about you guys but I pay for AdWORDS after I have run up a bill which means Google can go for a month before they get paid by me for displaying my ad.

Michael, it's fairly common practice for (all) companies to have a period between receiving the goods and paying for them; 30, 60, 90 days are not uncommon. I don't believe you can single Google out in that respect.

Don't forget the banks like to have their time with the money too, commonly 3 to 5 days. It's where banks earn a huge amount of cash from, just as you are suggesting Google do. I would be more inclined to believe it to be the banking system that is delaying the payment rather than Google.

mcfox, Dec 4, 2005 IP
  7. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    i like msn > google too just because they rank me higher much easier :p

Seiya, Dec 4, 2005 IP
  8. Cyrus255

Cyrus255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, first off, I have been subscribed to Xbox Live for over a year.

I knew about the new OS, and when I was saying securing the global OS market, I meant that they have dominance globally, and without them, the OS market would be dominated by foreign interests, much like the console market.

Second off, there is a Windows Live search engine project. http://www.live.com/

Third off, I'm disappointed in the Xbox 360. :eek:

They released it early, because they know it doesn't stand a chance to the PS3. Which was a very smart move, luckily.

Cyrus255, Dec 4, 2005 IP
  9. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes money get stuck in local banks headquarters. Depends very much on the bank u use too.
    I don't think that G didn't send the money. You'll have to start to search where it got stuck.

I had this kind of issues a couple of times, but not with G.

It's best to check with your banks headquarters, that's what I did and in all cases it was stuck there for no obvious reason.

The bank will send the money back to the sender after some time. I don't know what the timeframe is about that now.

Sometimes when they feel to bother you, they will check with the sender on snail mail basis, then it takes quite a while.

Arnie, Dec 5, 2005 IP