1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thanks Google for stealing my interest!

Discussion in 'Payments' started by MichaelD, Nov 14, 2005.

$2500 and after 2 months I still didn't get it. Mmm, so I thought, let's go EFT. Mmm, as if that helps...doh!
    Are you getting rich G$$gle? Stealing my interest over that money? No wonder why you make big money, if you delay payments like this with millions of people!

And you guys complain about Microsoft all the time? With an owner who gave away 35 billion for good causes, money that he could have used to wipe G$$gle off the map in no-time. No, let's look at G$$gle! They steal our interest, ad profits are going down every month, everything is going sloooower every month, hell, they can't even write software that isn't Beta!!
    EFT got out of beta? Give me a break, the stupid thing couldn't even validate the validation amount! Even when I set up my Google adsense account they couldn't send me the stupid code within 1 month and I live just across the border!

Microsoft, I hope you whip G$$gle's ass in no-time, go for it!

MichaelD, Nov 14, 2005 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  2. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Have you inquired as to why there is a delay?

Have you been banned?

Have you read the AdSense TOS? Did you violate any of those conditions?

Did you read the part about EFT where it says that this will (1) require validation of the account (and gives you instructions on how to do that) and (2) will not apply to payments already processed but only to future payments AFTER the account is validated?

Did you read the part where it says payments will be issued within 30 days of any month in which your balance exceeds $100? That means your 2 months may actually be (1) end of the first month in which the money was "earned", plus (2) the 30 day "grace" period to process the payments, plus mailing it out to you (and judging by your post here probably to an address with a misspelled street name or incorrect postal code)...

By the way, I too live "across the border". I didn't have any problems either setting up the AdSense account OR validating the bank deposits for EFT. Why do you suppose you have had such difficulty and others haven't? Have you tried actually emailing the AdSense people? I found that on the one or two occasions I have done so I have received answers within 24 hours.

minstrel, Nov 14, 2005 IP
  3. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

rant of the day, i like it :)

dzcap, Nov 14, 2005 IP
  4. MichaelD

MichaelD Guest

Best Answers:
    No, of course not, I still see my ads, I can still go to my account.
    Geez man, I do know when an account is banned.

Of course I read it and of course I didn't violate anything, otherwise I would be banned right...doh!

What has “banning” to do with delays? The point is everything goes sloooow. I thought I was very clear about that.
    I did get my adsense account approved and pretty fast. It was the only thing that was fast, but then again, that’s when THEY start to make money, it’s THEIR money, they probably cashed their part from advertising a month ago, but of course, why would they care about the guy like me who helped them to make that actual money! Everybody likes G$$gle, I don’t. This is not the way you deal with publishers. Without us publishers they have nothing, nada, zero.

I did get my pin code, but it took over a month and it took 2 E-mails. You gotta love it when you’re America’s neighbor right, things go so fast….not!

I did get my EFT working, but it took me a week, sending over 4 or 5 E-mails to Google until they said they fixed a glitch and that I could validate the account which was later confirmed by them.

EFT validated? I was thinking: great! , especially after reading what they had to say about EFT on their web site:

"Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) directly deposits your AdSense earnings into your bank account, in your local currency, to greatly speed up and simplify the payment process."

I don't know what they consider high speed in the US, but I think most in Canada would call the 10 days that I’m waiting now for the EFT payment, simply turtle speed. Can anyone pinch me, because this isn’t the year 2005 right?

It's already validated, confirmed by E-mail.

Yes, yes, yes, I know all that. I’m not some teenager who doesn’t know how handle my finances. I do know how important it is to READ, ASK or to CONFIRM.
    There is nothing wrong with my address, I know that, because I’ve double checked several times all my info. I also checked my account information when I didn’t get my PIN for the Adsense account after 15 days. Finally after 30 days or so I had my PIN.
    Again, nothing but stupid delays that don’t make any sense.

Oh I see, so I don’t know how to handle simple things like this, right, because you didn’t have any problems? Isn’t that a bit of foolish view on things?

For your information, going to a web page and telling Google that you click inside the dollar box and enter 0, click in the cents box and enter 7 and 3 and then click on submit and it keeps whining about wrong test amount, I guess that’s my fault too right? I went with them through all the steps, I submitted 3 screenshots and in the end they admitted that they had a glitch and fixed it.
    Why do you ask whether I Emailed them? Do you think that I just left my Neanderthal cave and don’t know E-mail exists? Doh!

Sorry, I know you're trying to help minstrel, I shouldn't take it out on you, don't feel offended, but I get extremely pissed of! I'm not used to doing business in such a slow pace.

Again, pinch me, this is the year 2005 right? :confused: It simply can't be!! :eek:

End of rant.

MichaelD, Nov 14, 2005 IP
  5. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I didnt know Google can just delay payments for no reason...that doesnt seem right...

emil2k, Nov 14, 2005 IP
  6. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    If you had changed to EFT back in the beta days you wouldn't of had to validate anything and you would live happly ever after. If you havn't noticed, any time Google adds something, it starts out easy and only get's harder. For example, first they didn't require that PIN number, and now they do. First they didn't require the EFT validate stuff, and now they do!!!

Nintendo, Nov 14, 2005 IP
  7. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha.. You have a lot to learn about business.

aeiouy, Nov 14, 2005 IP
  8. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whats EFT validate :confused:

emil2k, Nov 14, 2005 IP
  9. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You do know Google pays net 30 right?

You'll have to wait till teh end of the month to get your cash.

GeorgeB., Nov 14, 2005 IP
  10. Cyrus255

Cyrus255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bill Gates is still going to whipe Google off the map....

This "Live" project they are working on... it's in complete secrecy but I have a feeling it has the potential to upset Google's lead.

P.S. Bill Gates = My Hero :D

Microsoft, while considered a monopoly, is actually a hope for America to compete internationally (Xbox, securing the OS market globally, etc).

As for your main subject, Google can freeze your earnings if your account is under review. Look it up. Maybe they haven't BANNED you, but they could have a suspicious eye on you.

Cyrus255, Nov 14, 2005 IP
  11. minstrel

Best Answers:
    MichaelD, did you mis this part?

How many times have people predicted Google's demise in the past few years? But they're not only still here... they're getting richer every day. They must be doing something right...

12. Nintendo

Best Answers:
    Google sends you FREE MONEY and you have to tell them how much of a bonus they paid you. :D

13. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is that come as slow as the other mail, to verify address :mad:
    That took two months and Im in Texas...

emil2k, Nov 14, 2005 IP
  14. Nintendo

Best Answers:
    They don't snail mail you money!!!! They place it in your bank account and you tell them how much it was.

15. minstrel

Best Answers:
    *sigh*

Nintendo, don't you have a wackos conference somewhere?

Emil: EFT = Electronic Funds Transfer

It's not "free money" - it's money earned from your AdSense clicks. In order to verify a new or changed bank account, Google deposits a small amount in the account you designated. You check your account and when the money is deposited you let Google know the exact amount that was deposited. After that, instead of mailing you cheques for your AdSense earnings, Google deposits it directly into your account.

16. dzcap

dzcap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The OP is not only pissed off at Google but is also pissed off at DP members. Not a great way to ask for help, IMHO.

dzcap, Nov 14, 2005 IP
  17. Nintendo

Best Answers:
    er can you translate that in to English!!!

er, I can dream about free money!! :D:D:D

18. Cyrus255

Cyrus255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Good point. I stand corrected. :D

Cyrus255, Nov 14, 2005 IP
  19. emil2k

emil2k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks minstrel, Im a newbee to Adsense :eek:

emil2k, Nov 14, 2005 IP