1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

text vs/or graphic ads?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by gemini, Jan 28, 2005.

Hello,

I'm pretty new to AdSense and though would ask a few questions here. I'm using text ads tower on the left side of the internal pages, no graphic ads at all. I could try to experiment, but haven't done it yet, have a feeling that my pages will look spamy with huge graphic towers on a side istead of text. But still, I'd like to hear some opinions and experience with text and graphic ads. How it works out for you and what do you prefere? Also, is there a way to find out which ads pay more? I assume it depends on the AdWords bids, - is there public information available somewhere about the bids?

Thank you for any comments and suggestions.

gemini, Jan 28, 2005 IP
  2. my3cents

my3cents Peon

Best Answers:
    I've tried the combo text/graphics and didn't really notice a difference in earnings. So I went back to just text, since like you said, they looked less like ads...

my3cents, Jan 28, 2005 IP
  3. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm strictly text. I hate banners and dont' want that crap ruining my site. The text ads blend in well and work great.

mopacfan, Jan 28, 2005 IP
  4. Josh

Josh Peon

Best Answers:
    I've heard that banners pay more, but I haven't seen that at all in my testing... I tend to stick to just text ads.

Josh

Josh, Jan 28, 2005 IP
  5. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    My gut feeling tells me that text ads would pay more. (as well a look a lot nicer)

exam, Jan 28, 2005 IP
  6. gemini

gemini Peon

Best Answers:
    well, then I guess I'll stick to what I already have :) Thanks guys!

gemini, Jan 28, 2005 IP
  7. Uno Rank

Uno Rank Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my experience, text ads run better. Surfers nowadays have tendency to ignore ads (banner blindness).

Uno Rank, Jan 30, 2005 IP
  8. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you integrate ads into your content, text ads work better. If ads are placed on the navigation position, graphic ads work fine too.

dejaone, Jan 31, 2005 IP
  9. SpeedyDomainRegistration

SpeedyDomainRegistration Peon

Best Answers:
    From all the studies I have read, text ads seems to always have higher CTR.
    I think this is due to them being less like ads.

The placement of ads on the page also play a role. Ads at the very top of the page seems to get very small CTR. Add in middle of the page after some content do the best.

You should also consider using 2nd set of ads at the bottom right side of the page. These are for people who scrolled all the way down the page and want to click on something. You would give them a way out by having a link at this position.

The worse spot for ads seems to be the lower left corner. Surfers don't normally look there for info.