1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Text Link Brokerage - Any experience ?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by john_loch, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    On my nightly poke about, I found the above site which is textlinkbrokerage.com

Has anyone had any experience with them ? Their pricing seems conservative, but their TOS basically allows them to get away with almost anything - ie, no distinction between distribution of purchased links, no commitment to differing IP's, not even indexable pages. In fact, no committment to crawlable links at all !

In truth, they could sell you 100 PR 5-6 links and have them all embedded in JS, located on internal pages, on the same 'mainstream' site..

Are they farmers, or has someone finally come to the table wth realistic pricing and service. ?

I'm sceptical, but hey, you never know !

john_loch, May 26, 2004 IP
    rickbender1940 likes this.
  2. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    From what I've seen they do a fair job of linking and get decent results. I'd stick to buying from a person right here on the forums though- most have links to sell.

schlottke, May 26, 2004 IP
    rickbender1940 likes this.
  3. rickbender1940

rickbender1940 Guest

Best Answers:
    In your experience do they tend to put all the links together on a single site or spread among different domains?

rickbender1940, May 26, 2004 IP
  4. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Of course local buying would be my preference. Business is business though, and I need to see it justified in the context of market. (point being, I know what I want out of linkage, I've just never bought it before so I'm exploring) :)

The interface at the above site is clean, sensible (to a degree), centralized, and offers realtime updating of linkage info etc. No fuss etc. But then - no point if they're not reliable (within reason of course).

You have made an excellent point though schlottke, and I may extend an invitation to the local community to communicate what's on offer. I have of course been to various other sites that facilitate bidding etc.. all of which are rediculously overpriced for the risk (when selling on a PR basis anyway).

:)

john_loch, May 26, 2004 IP
  5. Rational

Rational Peon

Best Answers:
    Text Link Brokerage is owned by, or at least associated with, William Cross. He mainly keeps residence at Phil Craven's forum (webworkshop). If you go over there and make a few searches, you'll find posts/questions people have asked him about his linking services earlier (he's been around selling links for half a year or so). You can also ask him any question you want there.

You can also check out his feud with John Scott over at IMR (William ended up being banned). It seems like Bob used to be over at IMR a lot earlier, so maybe he could shed some light in relation to William and his network...?

Anyway, to take a look at his network, you can start out with: http://perlcoders[dot] com/. The sponsors are down in the right corner. To find his network simply copy the sponsor list into Google's search and check out the sites that come up. You can also check out the ranking of the sites that have bought links in his network to estimate some of the effect.

I don't know if William only sells links from his own network, or if he's had time to get something externally yet, but research carefully to evaluate the risks involved and ask questions before signing up.

Rational, May 27, 2004 IP
    WilliamC likes this.
  6. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Wow !

Thanks Rational. I missed your response and only just happened across it by accident today.. note.. note.. note.. well, I've the next half hour or so in front of me.

Thx again Rational - good info ! :)

john_loch, May 29, 2004 IP
  7. WilliamC

WilliamC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for giving the information Rational ;)

Indeed, feel free to check my reputation for supplying links out.

If you check G for "seo forum" you will notice that we helped put webworkshop in #1, feel free to ask the owner also.

Any other questions can be answered with a simple PM, email, or via our sites contact form, or live chat.

WilliamC, Jun 24, 2004 IP
    GRIM likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.