1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Text based advertising..

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by corena, Oct 10, 2005.

The combination of contextual keyword, text ads and creative advertisements provides both CPC and CPM opportunities with higher conversions and substantial ROI.

So I am thinking of using a text based program that will underline my text within my article content. Linking the ad links within the text being read by the user.

I know of Kontera ..does anyone know of other programs or companies that do this type of advertising..AND if they have used them with any effect?

corena, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  2. tesla

tesla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I can't really think of a program off hand that does that. It sounds like a neat idea for a programmer to design. When you refer to contextual links you are referring to actual links within an article, right? I do this a lot on one of my websites. I have specific keywords or sometimes phrases highlighted in navy blue. It has increased my click through rate quite a bit.

It would be an interesting challenge to design a program like that.

tesla, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  3. corena

corena Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a company that does that http://www.kontera.com/ I want to know if anyone has used it yet.

P.S.
    and if you can design something..I bet that would be a hot thing to market.

corena, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  4. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I signed up with www.clicksor.com by mistake, thinking it did an adsense thing, to find out they do the kind of advertising you want. I decided I really didn't like it on the page. I can't use AdSense because of the gambling content on the site. :(

Dio, Oct 12, 2005 IP
  5. harley

harley Member

Best Answers:
    I'd be interested in this too, i've got a few content sites. If anyone knows of a good one.

harley, Oct 13, 2005 IP
  6. howardhsu

howardhsu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are a few companies in this space.

-Kontera
    -Vibrant Media
    -Tribal Fusion (context-click, might still be in development)

My opinion is obviously biased since I work for Kontera Technologies. The best thing to do is sign up, and whichever ones you get approved for, run a test on your site and see which outperforms the other. If you have a representative at the company, then you might want to play on that relationship. If your site is doing a good amount of traffic, they'll usually be open to increasing revenue share or even offering a fixed CPM.

Best of luck with your sites,
    Howard Hsu.

howardhsu, Dec 28, 2005 IP