1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Text Ads vs. Banners

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by roadies, Feb 11, 2005.

I was having a discussion with a coworker and the opportunity to design some Adwords banner ads was presented. I am wondering if anyone has tried banner ads and how they perform vs. Text ads.

I've always been of the opinion that text ads perform better, but don't have anything statistical to support that opinion. But, one advantage of banner ads is they take up the whole adspace and remove a competitor's ad when yours is presented.

roadies, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  2. keywordguru

keywordguru Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried them for a few days with little success. But don't take that as them being bad. I simply didn't have the time to test and track them. I too would be interested to hear the results of someone who has tried them for a long period of time.
    KG

keywordguru, Feb 11, 2005 IP
  3. seank1

seank1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think horiztonal banners, 468 especially, have been tuned out of user's minds. Surfers almost now block any horiztonal ads. That is, in part, why adwords text advertising has really become succesful.

I image text ads will do fine (if you've got great ad copy) over banner ads.

seank1, Feb 17, 2005 IP